e&z

Post NOA2- NVC Stage

777 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's funny how they give everyone different info. My dates are very similar to yours and on two calls to NVC I was told it can take 5 weeks the first time and the second time I was told it can take up to 25 days. When I called last night mine was supposedly received yesterday and had not been assigned a case # yet.

I agree. I think they just try to cover their butts. I was given different time frames also in the begibning then it was just...its in additional processing with no time frame.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just tried calling. I had five busy signals before I got through and spent 12 minutes on hold. I figure that's a good day compared to some other reports I've seen. Olivia was quite pleasant but had no good news for me. She told me I should wait four to five weeks.

I'll try calling again mid next week when it's getting closer to three weeks. :)

Well not to make excuses for them, I am going to make an educated guess and say that they do not ship these cases individually or in small groups.. I would say it makes them easier to track and considering that they process thousands of these a month it only makes sense to ship them in bulk cost wise as well. that being the case a shipment may have gotten a delay from a vehicle break down, when going cross country they consolidate into tractor trailers from main hub to another and then onto smaller trucks for delivery. so if a big rig broke down and the trailer in a repair shop because someone did not want to transfer the cargo to another trailer, guess that could up a week or two easily. or someone could just have screwed up, I do hope it is a fluke though and not all of the cases are now taking three weeks to arrive

My case was approved and shipped out the same day according USCIS shipped out the same day. So I gave them a call and they told me it had not arrived yet, I did not expect it to be there, but wantd to hear what they would say, the really nice lady told me to give to 35 days from USCIS departure time to arrival time at NVC, I said I thought it was ten days. she said it use to be but we are now running at 35 days. I said ok to her.

I said to myself my ###, I have looked at lots of timelines on here, even though I am premature in calling, though I see many running at 3-4 weeks, I also see where many called after ten days and got new case number. so I will call two - three times a week until I hear something. even if it takes four weeks. I am not going to be sitting here waiting for a case number and the new case number be given on say the 15th and I do not get a letter until the 31st or 15th of the next month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Seriously, just keep calling. NOA2 9/15 and shiiped to NVC on 9/25. On Monday they told me I had to wait 25 business days, but actually my case number was assigned the next day and the case was shipped to the consulate today.

When you call you just get the same generic answers as we got calling the service center. It'll be there much sooner than 25 business days :-)

K-1 Visa Timeline

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-15!!!!!!!!!

NVC Received :2014-10-07

NVC Left :2014-10-10

Consulate Received :2014-10-16

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-20

Medical: 2014-11-05

Packet 4 Received : 2014-11-15

Interview Date : 2014-12-19

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2015-01-08

Marriage : 2015-02-12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Seriously, just keep calling. NOA2 9/15 and shiiped to NVC on 9/25. On Monday they told me I had to wait 25 business days, but actually my case number was assigned the next day and the case was shipped to the consulate today.

When you call you just get the same generic answers as we got calling the service center. It'll be there much sooner than 25 business days :-)

LOL. Yep, Olivia was very matter of fact about the four to five weeks thing. I try to keep my end of things light. They don't deserve my angst. They're just doing their jobs.

Plus, I don't want to be one of those whiny people who thinks she's a snowflake and her case deserves special attention and everything should be done RIGHT NOW.

I've been waiting patiently for more than just this process and I can hang on through the paper pushing. Everything will happen when it's supposed to.

Oh yeah I understand they are just doing their jobs and I t will happen when it happens.

I cannot get upset with them they do what the can, and I am not asking for special treatment either. I just do not want to be sitting around waiting for a letter to come in the mail, we all know these letter come a week or two after the action is done. a week or two save here, another week or two saved somewhere else can make a big difference in the actual arrival date of ones fiancée. I do trust in God, but he expects us to do everything we can do before we ask him to do the rest.

So not that I'm unappreciative, but I found it odd for CEAC status to change from "In Transit" to "Ready" in just two days. So I spent my $7 and called the consulate in DR, they don't have my file in the system yet. Not surprised at all.

But here is some useful information for you guys while waiting. I read older threads on how to track packages leaving NVC to different country consulates and it worked!!!! My file was arriving today according to DHL track, so I thought you should try:

Go to DHL Website, click on tracking, then "tracking by reference"

Enter EXP 08 OCT 2014A (my ship date according to NVC)

You are able to track packages leaving within time frames

Select your country or leave blank then click on track, when I left blank a list of waybills appeared from NVC TO DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AND WHEN I chose my country, only one package appeared and actually picked up on the 9th (not the 8th as I was told) and arriving to DR this eve.

So, you guys should try this and post your findings....

TIME LINE

5/21/14 - MAILED I-129F PETITION (L)

5/22/14 - USCIS RCVD PETITION :)

5/27/14 - NOA1 :)

8/11/14 - TRANSFERRED TO CSC?? :unsure:

9/16/14 - NOA2 EMAIL!!! :dancing:

9/22/14 - NOA2 HARD COPY!! :)

10/6/14 - NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION, CASE NUMBER PROVIDED.

10/8/14 - CEAC STATUS "READY"

10/9/14 - PACKAGE LEFT NVC TO DR CONSULATE! :dancing:

10/14/14 - CONSULATE RECEIVED :yes:

10/16/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

10/20/14 - GOT MY INTERVIEW FOR 12/15/14, CALLED CONSULATE IN DR :goofy:

10/21/14 - INTERVIEW DATE POSTED ON THE IV CURRENT APPOINTMENT LIST

10/24/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

11/03/14 - PACKET 4 RCVD

12/15/14 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!! :D

12/18/14 - CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING..........

12/19/14 - CEAC STATUS - ISSUED!

12/24/14 - VISA PICKED UP AT DOMEX

12/25/14 - ENTERED US /FORT LAUDERDALE POE

01/07/15 - SS RECVD

03/01/15 - MARRIED

04/09/15 - AOS PACKAGE SUBMITTED VIA FEDEX

04/14/15 - NOA RCVD

05/07/15 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

06/23/15 - EAD APPROVED

So not that I'm unappreciative, but I found it odd for CEAC status to change from "In Transit" to "Ready" in just two days. So I spent my $7 and called the consulate in DR, they don't have my file in the system yet. Not surprised at all.

But here is some useful information for you guys while waiting. I read older threads on how to track packages leaving NVC to different country consulates and it worked!!!! My file was arriving today according to DHL track, so I thought you should try:

Select your country or leave blank then click on track, when I left blank a list of waybills appeared from NVC TO DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AND WHEN I chose my country, only one package appeared and actually picked up on the 9th (not the 8th as I was told) and arriving to DR this eve.

interesting, when the time comes I will try it just for kicks

Good news! I just got a case # from the NICEST person I have spoken to at NVC (none have been "not nice" but Gus was exceedingly kind!).....he told me my case arrived today but I already knew it had arrived yesterday. ;) He started to say it will be a few days before it gets transferred but then he corrected himself and said "I can't really say how long it will be but hopefully not too long." I had to laugh. :)

3-26-14 Mailed I-129F via USPS signature confirmation
3-29-14 Signature confirmation (4am on a Saturday! ;))
4-3-14 Text message from USCIS saying that case was received (NOA1) and transferred to Texas Service Center
4-3-14 Check Cashed
4-3-14 Alien Registration Number changed
4-7-14 Official Paper NOA1 received in the mail
8-11-14 Notice of Transfer to CSC
9-17-14 NOA2 received by e-mail and text message
10-09-14 NVC received
10-10-14 Case # assigned
10-15-14 NVC says "In Transit"

10-16-14 NCV says "Ready"
10-17-14 DHL says package delivered

10-18-14 Received Paper NVC notice (with fiance's first name spelled wrong)

11-9-14 Received appt letter

11-19-14 Received E-mail with interview date for 1-7-15

1-7-15 Interview - Approved but medical exam was not at consulate due to holidays
3-11-2015 Finally received visa.
8-8-15 Traveled to the US together. Arrived in Boston with no problems.

Good news! I just got a case # from the NICEST person I have spoken to at NVC (none have been "not nice" but Gus was exceedingly kind!).....he told me my case arrived today but I already knew it had arrived yesterday. ;) He started to say it will be a few days before it gets transferred but then he corrected himself and said "I can't really say how long it will be but hopefully not too long." I had to laugh. :)

That's funny how they catch themselves ling to people.

I am glad you got your number, I also hope that they speed up to last summers turn around speed of 10-14 days

BTW, Monday is a federal Holiday folks, do not expect for anything to happen at a federal agency.

So when I called just now, the lady asked me what the date was on my letter from USCIS, I told her about 2 weeks. she said she could not even look it because it takes about 42 days now to show up into their system. No I know that is not true because I see people on here with new case numbers and the amount od days from NOA2 to new NVC number was between 14 - 22 days/

Ok so my question is, how long of time frame do you tell them its been when you call so you can get them to type it into the computer. or do you think because it was almost midnight east time that they were just trying to get rid of callers for the night so they could go home.

I think you just got a bum person or someone who wanted to get you off the phone! I've called 4 times (the first time being about 14 days after) and every time the FIRST thing they ask is my case # and they typed it in and told me what they saw in the computer. I would try again. They asked me how long it had been the first two times when they had no news.

Sorry they gave you that answer. I know how frustrating it is!

3-26-14 Mailed I-129F via USPS signature confirmation
3-29-14 Signature confirmation (4am on a Saturday! ;))
4-3-14 Text message from USCIS saying that case was received (NOA1) and transferred to Texas Service Center
4-3-14 Check Cashed
4-3-14 Alien Registration Number changed
4-7-14 Official Paper NOA1 received in the mail
8-11-14 Notice of Transfer to CSC
9-17-14 NOA2 received by e-mail and text message
10-09-14 NVC received
10-10-14 Case # assigned
10-15-14 NVC says "In Transit"

10-16-14 NCV says "Ready"
10-17-14 DHL says package delivered

10-18-14 Received Paper NVC notice (with fiance's first name spelled wrong)

11-9-14 Received appt letter

11-19-14 Received E-mail with interview date for 1-7-15

1-7-15 Interview - Approved but medical exam was not at consulate due to holidays
3-11-2015 Finally received visa.
8-8-15 Traveled to the US together. Arrived in Boston with no problems.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mine was shipped Oct 9th but when I went to DHL and tried to track it said no info found. Do we enter it with the spaces like u have it? Is it all caps? Thanks for assistance?

Thanks KTERED, I will wait till next Wednesday though. I do know I was probably wasting their time and mine so I did push and request that they at least type it in and check. I has officially only been a week since I got the NOA2 text. As I posted earlier next Monday is a federal holiday. So I will call Wednesday and every two business days from there on.

I think I did get someone who wanted to go home and was trying to clear their call box or something.

Edited by hopeful 4 XMas

Mine was shipped Oct 9th but when I went to DHL and tried to track it said no info found. Do we enter it with the spaces like u have it? Is it all caps? Thanks for assistance?

Try playing with dates, where it allows you to track several days. I was told by NVC that mine shipped the 8th and I found nothing, but when I entered a search from the 9th through the 10th, the only package leaving NVC to DR was on the 9th. Keep all caps and spaces as I did.

Good Luck

TIME LINE

5/21/14 - MAILED I-129F PETITION (L)

5/22/14 - USCIS RCVD PETITION :)

5/27/14 - NOA1 :)

8/11/14 - TRANSFERRED TO CSC?? :unsure:

9/16/14 - NOA2 EMAIL!!! :dancing:

9/22/14 - NOA2 HARD COPY!! :)

10/6/14 - NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION, CASE NUMBER PROVIDED.

10/8/14 - CEAC STATUS "READY"

10/9/14 - PACKAGE LEFT NVC TO DR CONSULATE! :dancing:

10/14/14 - CONSULATE RECEIVED :yes:

10/16/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

10/20/14 - GOT MY INTERVIEW FOR 12/15/14, CALLED CONSULATE IN DR :goofy:

10/21/14 - INTERVIEW DATE POSTED ON THE IV CURRENT APPOINTMENT LIST

10/24/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

11/03/14 - PACKET 4 RCVD

12/15/14 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!! :D

12/18/14 - CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING..........

12/19/14 - CEAC STATUS - ISSUED!

12/24/14 - VISA PICKED UP AT DOMEX

12/25/14 - ENTERED US /FORT LAUDERDALE POE

01/07/15 - SS RECVD

03/01/15 - MARRIED

04/09/15 - AOS PACKAGE SUBMITTED VIA FEDEX

04/14/15 - NOA RCVD

05/07/15 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

06/23/15 - EAD APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.