Frank32

Need help. Husband humiliates me.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ive been in usa since past couple of months. My husband is very rude and degrading. Hes always thinking about himself. I was very sick so i told him to take me to a doc and that was the worst mistake ive ever dome im my life. He beats me sometimes. And treats me like im no human and have no emotions. He said all the bad things aboit me to his mom and dad and then they said im ruining there life and i dont make them happy even after doing so much for them . It hurts me a lot. He said hes gonna leave me im december now. The time i went to the doctor, she told me i am pregnant . He difnt seem happy and neither did his family, i really want the child to be with me. Since hes a us citizen will he have more rights towards my baby? Also after divorce since i have a conditional visa i will have to go back to my home country. But is there a way that i can get the citizenship and then go back? The only reason i want it is because i want a bright future for my child. I wanna bring him up with good resources. The place i live is a third world country and the education level isnt good. Please advice me hiw to achieve this

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from Your New Life to Effects of Major Changes *****

Op, if he beats you get out of there for the sake of yourself and your unborn baby. You do not need to stay with him to stay in the USA if you so wish, you can divorce and remove conditions on your greencard with a divorce waiver.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

How should i apply for a divorce waiver?

There's a check box for it on the I-751.

You can read about it here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220094-divorce-before-removal-of-conditions-on-permanent-resident-status/

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Find your way to an abuse shelter in your area. You can look for them on google. Catholic Charities can help you for free with your divorce and petition, but, because you have no evidence, it can be difficult. I strongly suggest you call the police next time he hits or abuses you. Police will help you here, especially since you are pregnant. This is not India, women have rights, and when it comes to abuse, more so than men.

Also, remember to delete the history on your computer or use the incognito version of chrome.

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows battered immigrants to petition for legal status in the United States without relying on the abuse US citizen spouse.

Check page 7 of this document http://www.texasbar.com/Content/NavigationMenu/LawyersGivingBack/LegalAccessDivision/ReferralDirectory.pdf

you can get FREE legal help depending on where in texas you are.

K-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate: Mumbai, India

Met at University in UK: 2010

Engaged in India: 03/31/2014

I-129F Sent: 06/20/2014

NOA1: 06/25/2014

NOA2: 12/16/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 12/23/2014

Case Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/05/2015

Case Sent to Consulate: 01/08/2015

Case "Ready" at Consulate: 01/09/2015

Applied for PCC: 01/20/2015

PCC in hand: 02/23/2015

Medical: 01/23/2015

Completed DS-160 and paid visa fee: 02/20/2015

Interview: 03/13/2015 APPROVED :)--> Same day went into AP

Visa "issued" on CEAC webstie: 03/16/2015

:goofy: :goofy: Visa in hand! 03/18/2015 :goofy::goofy:

POE: 06/04/2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

AOS Journey

06.11.2015- City Hall Wedding

06.29.2015- Mailed AOS Package

07.01.2015 - Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

07.02.2015- Date Received as per USCIS

07.09.2015- NOA1 for EAD/AP

07.24.2015- RFE :ranting:

08.13.2015- USCIS accepted RFE response

09.08.2015- EAD received

Waiting for the interview :clock:

12.19.2015 WE GOT THE GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!!!! No interview :)

ROC

10.25.2017 ROC packet received by VT Service Center

11.02.2017- Received NOA dated 10.26.2017

11.29.17- Completed Biometrics

Waiting for the interview :clock:

He beats me sometimes.

I stopped reading after this.

Call 911.

Ask them to take you to the commissioner to get a protective order against your husband or anyone who is taking part in this unlawful act.

Be cognizant of the fact that protective order is a two way street.

And then ask yourself.. what is important to you? A safe secure life or a life of illusive brightness?

Then decide if you want to stay in this country or find refuge elsewhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.