Kim and Jermaine

How long from NOA2 to interview in Kingston JA

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone know or can anyone with recent experience in K1 fiancè visa in Jamaica tell me how long the wait is for an interview at the Embassy? Our NOA2 date is Sept 20, 2014 and we are hoping he can be here by Christmas. Also, How long does it take after the interview to get his visa approved?

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Here is a link to the flow chart and approximate times. No one can tell you the exact times. It varies for each case as nothing is rigid or set in stone.

Some get their visas within days or weeks after their embassy interview. Some wait months and months.

Best of luck!

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone know or can anyone with recent experience in K1 fiancè visa in Jamaica tell me how long the wait is for an interview at the Embassy? Our NOA2 date is Sept 20, 2014 and we are hoping he can be here by Christmas. Also, How long does it take after the interview to get his visa approved?

Our noa2 date was 07/24. NVC received our packet 08/28, then sent it to Kingston september 9th . We received an email from Kingston by September 16th verifying receipt of the packet. He got packet 3 by email the same day and completed it along with the ds-160 online on the 17th. We got a receipt of its completion via e-mail and were informed that the embassy will contact us with an appointment letter in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We got our NOAH October 11, 2013 and our interview was December 13, 2013. (If approved) The visa "typically" takes 2-3 weeks to be processed and delivered. I have seen the production process go MUCH faster for those who elected to pick up their visa from Kingston (some as fast as 2-3 days after interview).

... lol clearly meant NOA2. Auto correct made it Noah... smh :)

Timeline

He lives in Kingston so thats what he would do instead of mail

They never gave us the option to pick it up from the embassy. In fact, I've emailed them requesting that option and all they did was email back stating that we needed to be registered with DHL I do hope that once it's issued, they allow us to pick it up and DHL is just a formality.

To answer one of your other questions as to when you'll receive the approval is typically the consular will approve your fiance at the interview, unless there's a document missing or any other reason for a refusal. Then as another said, it can take 2-3 but all cases are different. If you're fiance has his interview by early Nov, it is possible he'll be there by Christmas

Timeline

We really would love to be together by Christmas. My son is marrying during Christmas holiday before he leaves for Germany. Trying not to get my hopes up. Thank you all for the replies

Timeline

Either way you have to register with DHL, but unless they recently changed it, you had the option of either picking it up at the DHL office in Montego Bay or Kingston. I noticed the people picking it up at the Kingston office seemed to get theirs within a few days of the interview and the people who registered to pick it up in Montego Bay got it within 2-3 weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.