krishna12

Oath Ceremony questions

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I have oath ceremony scheduled for next week.

I have few questions related to that :

1) Are Kids allowed in the Oath ceremony. Can they be allowed to sit with us?
2) Where did you fill Form N-445 ?..At home before leaving to Oath or at the ceremony?
3) I know returning GC is mandatory..Will there be any issue if i didn't find or return AP/EAD?
Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

At my Oath Ceremony kids were allowed. Guest were not seated with ppl who were there for the ceremony. The ppl who were doing their oaths sat up front (for me seats were assigned) guest sat behind all the oath ppl.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. It depends on where you take your oath but mine was the same as Ontarkies- they even had crayons and pages with the US map and Lady Liberty for kids to color. Keep in mind that even smaller venues may be busy, and the whole thing from start to fiish takes several hours, so may not be ideal for toddlers.

2. Before.

3. Probably not.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I have oath ceremony scheduled for next week.

I have few questions related to that :

1) Are Kids allowed in the Oath ceremony. Can they be allowed to sit with us?
2) Where did you fill Form N-445 ?..At home before leaving to Oath or at the ceremony?
3) I know returning GC is mandatory..Will there be any issue if i didn't find or return AP/EAD?
Thanks in advance.

1. In Newark, NJ, they are allowed. However, you are the only one that is allowed in the interview room itself.

2. Before

3. They will need you to return your GC. They don't care about the EAD or your AP.

Good luck.

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the replies.. Both me and my wife will be there for Oath. So, there will be no one accompanying my Kids. they are 9 and 4 year old.

Is it OK to take them?..

Timeline

As noted future citizens may go one direction and their guests asked to go to sit down and wait for the ceremony? They do not offer someone to watch your children. You should either leave them at a sitters or bring someone who can stay with them while you're doing the naturalization activities. Recently my daughter's (an adult) took about 2.5 hrs from arrival to certificate in hand - we didn't see each other until close to the end.

I know personally when i went for mine (and this is just a personal preference), I was annoyed by the people who brought small fidgety children who were loud, I felt they could have been more respectful to others by leaving them at home (and yes, I have 3 of my own kids)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

If you're unable to find someone to babysit for your ceremony, you can have your wife wait with them in the waiting are while you are interviewed. They won't ask your wife into the interview room. It will be unlikely.

I had my oath the same day I was approved. In that ceremony, all the guests sat in an area away from the soon-to-be citizens.

Timeline

If you're unable to find someone to babysit for your ceremony, you can have your wife wait with them in the waiting are while you are interviewed. They won't ask your wife into the interview room. It will be unlikely.

I had my oath the same day I was approved. In that ceremony, all the guests sat in an area away from the soon-to-be citizens.

I get the impression that both the husband and wife are going through the Oath. The wife is not a guest of the husband. So this may be problematic since there won't be anyone able to accompany the children.

I get the impression that both the husband and wife are going through the Oath. The wife is not a guest of the husband. So this may be problematic since there won't be anyone able to accompany the children.

Ah, got it. Yeah, I missed that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.