Faridanni

I'm lost to how long things will be and what the next process is

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Yes I'm very relieved that it's fixed. I can breathe again. Very scary especially after all this waiting and finding out it would be for nothing :/ I'm sure I will be calling in the next couple days just to verify it again lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It would seem to me.,.,.that there an so many inconsisties, in your posts.,.,.no-one can make any sense of this,.,.,., You are so confused, just from what I read.,.,I would go to an immigration attorney, as you seem to have some difficulties.,.,.with the "true experts" on this site that are trying to help you...,.,this is serious business.,,.,and I just wish we had more information.,.,.,none of this makes any sense.,.,.

Seek a good "visa company".,.,.,,or reputable attorney..,.,.,is all I can say..,.,.

Wish you the best of luck.,.,.,but I am afraid that you have wasted a huge amount of time.,.,., maybe I am wrong.,.,.but, please seek "professional help".,.,.,.,with your process.,.,.,.,

Timeline

I know it's hard to understand but all that happened is when I filed the I-130 I also applied for his citizenship along with it not thinking that I should've waited to apply after he comes here. So I sent all the papers in all at once. I received my NAO1 for the I-130. I only sent in the 420$ that was required for the I-130. (Thank god) I will definately be calling the USCIS again today and explaining again what happened and will take further action. They said everything is in good standing with my case still and is still in progress. I would hate for this all to be a waste after all the waiting and work him and I did just to be together. :(. Thanks for the feedback :)

You sent in a citizenship application too? I'm just wondering why they didn't send everything back or at least the forms that didn't have the fee. They should have at least done that for failure to include the fees for those apps rather than accepting them and have you believe that everything was in process. Good thing you found this website. There is plenty of good info to be found here especially in the guides and wiki pages. Please take a look at them so that you may be well versed in how this entire process plays out. The process can seem very overwhelming and it is in some cases, but some proper research and preparation will make things much smoother.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I know it's hard to understand but all that happened is when I filed the I-130 I also applied for his citizenship along with it not thinking that I should've waited to apply after he comes here. So I sent all the papers in all at once. I received my NAO1 for the I-130. I only sent in the 420$ that was required for the I-130. (Thank god) I will definately be calling the USCIS again today and explaining again what happened and will take further action. They said everything is in good standing with my case still and is still in progress. I would hate for this all to be a waste after all the waiting and work him and I did just to be together. :(. Thanks for the feedback :)

Adjusment of Status (I-485) is not the same as citizenship (N-400). You won't even need to do the I-485 after he comes - he will be a green card holder upon arrival (actual card should come in the mail soon after arrival). I know it's hard to get all the terminology straight, but try to work on getting it down and being consistent with how you talk about your application. It will help you AND help those trying to offer advice.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Faridanni how is the process going? I too am married to an Algerian. We filed the same as well for the spouse visa (I-130) and ended up at TSC. We were approved at USCIS level end of Jan this year and when I spoke to NVC today I was told our papers arrived today. I hope things are becoming easier for you Inshallah ?

Timeline

Everything is going ok. :) thanks for asking. Were still waiting for the IV bill to be invoiced so we can continue this long process. It's been tough but were still hanging in there. Hope all is well with u and ur spouse. U know this isn't easy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.