GandD

Terror Leader Ahmed Abdi Godane Killed in U.S. Strike

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its Official.

Terror Leader Ahmed Abdi Godane Killed in U.S. Strike

Ahmed Abdi Godane — the leader of al Shabab, the Islamic militant organization behind the siege on a mall in Kenya last year — was killed in a U.S. military strike earlier this week, an al Shabab source told NBC News on Friday.

The Pentagon confirmed the death later in the day.

“Removing Godane from the battlefield is a major symbolic and operational loss to al Shabab,” said Rear Adm. John Kirby, a Pentagon spokesman. “The United States works in coordination with its friends, allies and partners to counter the regional and global threats posed by violent extremist organizations.”

A U.S. security official also told NBC News earlier in the week that Shabab had been killed by the strike on Monday. U.S. officials had said publicly after the strike that Godane was targeted, but that they were not sure whether he was dead.

The al Shabab source told NBC News that Godane was among 11 militants killed. Also killed were an operations leader, a financial official and a military strategist for the organization, the source said.

“It’s a big win,” the U.S. security official said. “He was operationally savvy and ideologically driven, with aspirations off the charts.” The official said that nine Hellfire missiles and one 500-pound guided bomb had been used in the strike.

The Reuters news agency reported Friday that the Somali prime minister had confirmed the death on Facebook, but Reuters later withdrew that report. A Somali government spokesman told Reuters that the government had not yet commented on whether Godane was dead.

The siege last September at the Westgate Mall in Nairobi left 67 people dead and about 200 injured.

The United States in 2012 offered a $7 million reward for his arrest. Godane took leadership of al Shabab after his predecessor was killed in an American airstrike in 2008.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/terror-leader-ahmed-abdi-godane-killed-u-s-strike-n196601

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Obama said he had no plan... I now understand what they motley crew is talking about when they say he lied...

This can't be true because Obama is weak and has no plan.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Obama said he had no plan... I now understand what they motley crew is talking about when they say he lied...

Preznit!

Timeline

If English were my first language I'd indict you for grave misspelling.. :lol:

Preznit!

The motley crew will claim Obama did this to avenge 'his people'... :rofl::rofl:

Its Official.

Ahmed Abdi Godane — the leader of al Shabab, the Islamic militant organization behind the siege on a mall in Kenya last year — was killed in a U.S. military strike earlier this week, an al Shabab source told NBC News on Friday.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The president said he had no plan concerning ISIS in Syria and Iraq. This guy was killed in Somalia as the leader of Al Shabab and has nothing to do with ISIS. Let me help you:

mcuo1f.jpg

ETA: I suggest you put down that dictionary of big words you're so fond of, and pick up an Atlas.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

The president said he had no plan concerning ISIS in Syria and Iraq. This guy was killed in Somalia as the leader of Al Shabab and has nothing to do with ISIS. Let me help you:

That Obama is a genius! He even lied about the country to throw them off. FOUR!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

FTR, I didn't post this because I'm trying to make a point about Obama. Its because we killed a terror leader and that is a good thing.

Timeline

Sure, and if English were my first language I'd say it is obvious there are some who'd rather cut off their noses to spite their faces.

FTR, I didn't post this because I'm trying to make a point about Obama. Its because we killed a terror leader and that is a good thing.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

One down.....about 1 million to go.

Lets hope Obama keeps up the killing :dancing:

And on his farm he played some golf!

golf.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes.. Job well done.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect