LibCampFireClub

It's Bush's Fault!

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The reason we pulled out of Iraq is because that's what the American people wanted, for better or worse. He had constant pressure to wind down the war from both sides.

The majority of the American people are idiots and don't know what they want most of the time. Most of them think the moon is made of cheese.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The majority of the American people are idiots and don't know what they want most of the time. Most of them think the moon is made of cheese.

Whelp, that's democracy fer ya! Everyone gets a voice.

Timeline

My own small and militarily uninformed perspective is to do exactly what we're doing. Continue to be air support for the Iraqi army.

I don't think there's much of an Iraqi army left. Most of them split and left all their American weapons, equipment, and vehicles behind. I was watching video of ISIS (or whatever they're called today) doing donuts in American APCs. I also saw a piece on Al Jazeera last night about Kurdish women doing most of the fighting against ISIS in that part of the country.

Timeline

I don't think there's much of an Iraqi army left. Most of them split and left all their American weapons, equipment, and vehicles behind. I was watching video of ISIS (or whatever they're called today) doing donuts in American APCs. I also saw a piece on Al Jazeera last night about Kurdish women doing most of the fighting against ISIS in that part of the country.

They been retaking some areas with Iraq army and yes some Kurdish fighters. All have had US Air support. Which is what they need.

Timeline

Whelp, that's democracy fer ya! Everyone gets a voice.

Not exactly. The American people don't get a voice in day to day matters thank god. They get a voice on election day and that's about it. After that the idiot they voted into office, because he prayed more than the other idiot, can pretty much do whatever he wants.

I suppose they can call their congressman and pi$$ and moan about their NOA2 taking 6 months, but that rarely gets any results.

They should let congress or the Senate or state legislatures elect the president like they do in almost all other democracies in the world. That would spare all of us from this 2 year beauty contest that it's about to be in full swing again.

They been retaking some areas with Iraq army and yes some Kurdish fighters. All have had US Air support. Which is what they need.

Air power aint gonna do anything but slow them down a bit.

Timeline

Not exactly. The American people don't get a voice in day to day matters thank god. They get a voice on election day and that's about it. After that the idiot they voted into office, because he prayed more than the other idiot, can pretty much do whatever he wants.

I suppose they can call their congressman and pi$$ and moan about their NOA2 taking 6 months, but that rarely gets any results.

They should let congress or the Senate or state legislatures elect the president like they do in almost all other democracies in the world. That would spare all of us from this 2 year beauty contest that it's about to be in full swing again.

I disagree, public polling and opinion has a lot to do with policy. If more American's were for staying in Iraq than leaving, would we have left? I doubt it.

Air power aint gonna do anything but slow them down a bit.

I also disagree with that too. I don't believe that public opinion of ISIS is in their favor. I think fear is. Take away some of their vehicles and the locals will stand more of a chance. But hey, that's just my two cents.

Timeline

I disagree, public polling and opinion has a lot to do with policy. If more American's were for staying in Iraq than leaving, would we have left? I doubt it.

I also disagree with that too. I don't believe that public opinion of ISIS is in their favor. I think fear is. Take away some of their vehicles and the locals will stand more of a chance. But hey, that's just my two cents.

I doubt ISIS cares much about public opinion. Most oppressive movements don't

Edited by Karee

Timeline

I doubt ISIS cares much about public opinion. Most oppressive movements don't

They may not care about it but without large weapons, they need it.

Timeline

If they didn't care about public opinion they wouldn't be on Youtube and twitter.

:rofl: True.

I think they're using that as more of recruitment tool.

Edited by Karee

You asked, I provided. Anything else and you'll owe me a smoothie.

You do good work

Filed: Timeline

public polling and opinion has a lot to do with policy.

That may have been true back when we had a representative form of government. Now that we've got a dictator who issues edicts against the will of the people, it's a whole 'nother thing. Obamacare, amnesty, etc? Public is four-square opposed. But he's got a pen and he's got a phone, so bend over and say "ah", peons. :ranting:

Timeline

That may have been true back when we had a representative form of government. Now that we've got a dictator who issues edicts against the will of the people, it's a whole 'nother thing. Obamacare, amnesty, etc? Public is four-square opposed. But he's got a pen and he's got a phone, so bend over and say "ah", peons. :ranting:

He was voted into office legally. Twice. And he has not done anything above and beyond what he is allowed to do as a president. You just don't like his policies. Which is fine. Don't like executive orders? Too bad, they exist and he didn't invent them. And in two years, he'll be gone. Oh just think how much your life will change that day.

You know, there are other countries you can live in if it's too hard for you here. What's stopping you from relocating? If this is what you call a dictatorship, try Saudi Arabia. That might be right up your alley.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The towers were bombed in the 90's, not brought down. They were brought down 9/11/2001 and we were attacking Afghanistan within 30 days.

The mission of the first gulf war was to kick Saddam out of Kuwait, George the 1st did a beautiful job of creating an international coalition

The mission was successful . And we left, and Iraq was relatively stable for the next 12 years. How do you think we should have left Iraq the first time?

Yes two different events.. bombed in the 90's and brought down before we went Afghanistan in 2001. Sorry if I was less than clear.

The first time around: I would not describe it as stable, we left Saddam in and had to protect the Kurds with no fly zones while he and his sons tormented the people they could. There was also heavy sanctions in place to keep him weak that worked fine but were slowly grinding the country down to a breaking point.. When we went in the second time they found much of the infrastructure near the breaking point anyway.

Bush the first made the call - again mostly for political reasons because of the coalition partners. It may have been the best option I don't know - I have to think there was a better choice than leaving a truly evil and sadistic person in power.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect