Stoaty

September 2014 Filers

596 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the Congrats guys!!! Just got out approval notice and my welcome letter! Got an email that my card has got to my post office!! #geeked Should be here on Monday!

Good luck to everyone who has upcoming interviews! Approvals all around!!!! ???

Congratz and celebrate.

:goofy: AOS: I-485& I-765 :goofy:

Sent: 9/26/2014I-485& I-765

Received: 9/30/2014I-485& I-765

Biometrics and noas received in mail:10/10/2014

Biometric appt:10/23/2014

:dance: Walk in Bio: 10/15/2014 :clock:

EAD Approved: 12/3/2014 B-)

EAD Mailed :12/9/2014

Ead Delivered: 12/11/2014

Interivew (12/29/2014)in the mail: 1/29/2015

Approved: Welcome notice mailed 1/30/2015 :dancing: :idea:

Card Produced: 2/5/2015& Shipped
Card Received: 2/7/2015

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my interview on Wednesday at 10:45 am. Arrived 10 minutes early but took some time to get through security and check-in lines. Only waited about 5 minutes before we got called back. Did not get approved on the spot, however about an hour after the interview I got the email/text that my card has been ordered. Hope to have the green card in my hands sometime next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had my interview on Wednesday at 10:45 am. Arrived 10 minutes early but took some time to get through security and check-in lines. Only waited about 5 minutes before we got called back. Did not get approved on the spot, however about an hour after the interview I got the email/text that my card has been ordered. Hope to have the green card in my hands sometime next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Congratz and celebrate

:goofy: AOS: I-485& I-765 :goofy:

Sent: 9/26/2014I-485& I-765

Received: 9/30/2014I-485& I-765

Biometrics and noas received in mail:10/10/2014

Biometric appt:10/23/2014

:dance: Walk in Bio: 10/15/2014 :clock:

EAD Approved: 12/3/2014 B-)

EAD Mailed :12/9/2014

Ead Delivered: 12/11/2014

Interivew (12/29/2014)in the mail: 1/29/2015

Approved: Welcome notice mailed 1/30/2015 :dancing: :idea:

Card Produced: 2/5/2015& Shipped
Card Received: 2/7/2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Had an interview scheduled for noon. My husband and I were up late, trying to run around to make copies of stuff, and print outs as were are last minute people. We finally finished at 1120 drive to the office arrived at 1140. Checked in I went to use the bathroom came back my husband was standing waiting for me. I got there she asked my hubby who is the petitioner to go in first and have me stay outside. I waited for 10 minutes which seemed like a year. She then came and called me and asked my hubby to stay outside.

I got in she asked that I take an oath before sitting down. She then asked for my ID, work permit, passport, I gave then to her. All along she was not even smiling.

All questions on the 485 form I mean all questions line by line.

she then asked my hubby's names and date of birth and place of birth

She asked me to tell her all the story of how we met up to our marriage

where did we get married.

She then asked me if we had a reception

Who was at the wedding, did my parents attend the wedding did his parents attend the wedding. Does her have any siblings or parents in the usa . asked if I have any siblings and parents in the usa

She asked what my husband does

She asked me where I work and where my husband works

she asked if we have ever travelled and where we went and why we went to the places we went

She asked me if we have ever be hospitalized..i said no we have been lucky she smiled.

She asked me about how our parents reacted about the wedding

She asked me if we have children

She then told me she will be doing a back ground check later today. Since we have been married for more than two years I can file for citizenship at anytime after 3 years. she then asked is there anything you would like to add? I have a file full of papers i said i don't even know what to give you i have plenty of stuff. She smiled and said you are so organized then i said what do you expect when i have been in school for this years lol i know that was not appropriate but whatever...i gave her recent bills, bank statement i tried to give her pictures she said no...i have enough. She said once I get my GC I can take it to my work place and I can use it to travel. she walked me out and gave me directions on how to get to the lobby where my husband was waiting.

She had asked my hubby the same questions..

When I got home I saw the card has been ordered to be mailed we will mail it to your address. the I-130 was also approved.

I want to thank you all for the support the payers and comfort through sharing of your experiences. I know I haven't meet you guys but I feel like I know you all personally.

Advice like i told my husband yesterday don't lie, just be honest in case we get separated. Pray if you are a believer, don't panic when separated like we did. Good luck to everyone in your future endeavors. One love

carry your I-20 she asked for mine..

09/02/14 sent AOS

09/05/14 AOS received

09/21/14 NOA received

11/16/14 Biometrics done

10/07/14 RFE for Birth Certificate

11/03/14 RFE received by MSC

11/05/14 RFE in reviewing process

11/12/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/26/14- EAD Mailed

12/3/14 EAD received.

02/14/15 AOS interview scheduled for 3/19/15

03/19/15 Interview...

03/19/15 Approved. Thank you God!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Ok so I’ve been meaning to write this for a while ago so here it goes,

Our interview was scheduled on February 27th at 8:30 in the Morning at Federal Plaza. Now that made me my pants because we are usually send to the Queens Field office since we live in the NYC borough of Queens.

I read other posts saying that complicated or suspicious cases are send to Federal Plaza where the headquarters of USCIS and FBI are currently located. On top of that I also read that if they want to put you through a Stokes interview they arrange your interview on Friday mornings so that they have a lot of time to interrogate you :S

Anyhow, we arrived at Federal Plaza late. We got there at 8:20 and there was a huge queue outside waiting to go through security. We went up to the 8th floor where a pissed of lady told us that the guy that will interview us was dying to get a case so he’s waiting for us down at 4th floor. I immediately thought that this is gonna be a difficult interview because this guy has not got any cases to go through so he will have a lot of time to be proper and ask a million questions with us.

We went to the fourth floor and waited with other couples to be called. An american-asian guy came out, looked at my name, then found me in the waiting area WITHOUT calling my name and he pointed at me and then he was like “Snorlux?” (obviously snorlux is not my real name so the guy called my real name there). I was surprised on how easily he found my in the croud of people and called us in. He probably saw a lot of photos of us before the interview.

Walking into his office I saw a note on his door saying “Queens Field Office”. Apparently the queens field office was closed for renovation so they moved all cases to Federal Plaza. I was worried for nothing!

The officer asked us to stay standing, put us under oath and said that even if the conversation seems friendly at times, anything we say is considered to be under oath. He then asked us to sit down and told us that he will make questions to each one of us and when he does the other person should stay quite.

He then asked for our driver’s licences or state id cards. He then asked why our addresses are different and my wife told him that it’s our old address and her drivers licence was issued before we move. He said he understands. He then asked my wife how we met. By the way, my wife was the one telling me to stay calm during the interview and not worry about anything and everything will be fine and then when we went there she got all stressed. She told the officer how we met and how we were talking since we were 16 and then she goes “..and umm.. and then what happened?..” and I was like oh my god are you kidding me? She got all stressed couldn’t speak. Anyhow, the officer helped her, he was like how did you start speaking then after all these years? And that gave my wife something to talk about! Then the officer turned to me and asked me if we were living together before coming to the USA.

Then asked me my wife’s parents names, her date of birth, where she works, how much she makes, how often she gets paid, how often we pay our rent, how much is our rent and what’s our landlord’s names and surnames. She made the same questions, except the rent questions, to my wife.

He asked to see some bills or rental leases etc and he asked if he can keep a copy of our rental lease to which we said yes of course. We also had a joint account from the time when we were living together in Scotland, UK. Then she went through photos and saw some that we had in Philadelphia and he was like “oh did you go to philly? I’m from philly! Did you guys like it? My wife said she loved it and the officer was like are you saying this because I have not approved your case yet? And he joked around with that.

Then he turned to me and he told me so you entered on August 8th and got married on September 9th? I said yes. Then he suggested: “So you entered with the intention to get married and adjust status in the US!” to which i replied “No sir I had no intention to stay here when I entered the country! I guess the want to make this questions and receive an answer from us so that they are covered from their end.

He then turned to his computer and started typing stuff. He then turns to me and goes “Congratulations, I have approved your case. Since your marriage is under 2 years old I can only offer you a conditional 2 year green card and you can remove the conditions on it after 2 years”. Then he asked us if we are planning to travel abroad soon. I realised he was asking so that he can see whether we need a green card stamp. Because I knew about this from visajourney I immediately said that yes we are going to canada to which he replied when are you going? And I said we are going in 2 weeks. The officer then said ok then I can give you a temporary stamp that can act as your green card for now. Then he said after you receive your actual green card make sure you never use this stamp again and you only use the greencard to enter.

This was a nerve wracking experience but I was very thankful that we received an approval confirmation from the officer before leaving his office.

Thank you all for all the help and support you gave us this whole time and thank you VisaJourney for an excellent immigration forum platform. I also like the fact that even with different religions and different beliefs we all come together supporting each other in this forum and talking about “god” and “prayers” without mentioning which god we believe in which makes it clear that at the end of the day we are all the same and this is how we should act in our real lives too and not only on forums :)

AOS Journey:

9/19/2014: AOS Package (i130, i485, i765 and i131) sent to Chicago lockbox using USPS Certified mail

12/3/2014: EAD and Advanced Parole in Production :dancing:

12/12/2014: EAD/AP Card received

1/23/2015: Interview is Scheduled for February 27!

1/28/2015: Interview Letter Received

3/10/2015: Greencard Received

12/3/2016: Filed i751 at California Service Center

12/4/2016: Filed N400 - Dallas TX

2/18/2018: i751 Case transferred to Local Office

2/26/2018: i751 Case received at Local Office

1/5/2018: i751 Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

3/5/2018: Another update saying i751 Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

5/7/2018: Received Letter stating i751 Case transferred to National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit, MO 64064

5/30/2018: Interview scheduled for N400

7/11/2018: Attended interview and was informed it will be a combo N400/I751 interview

8/6/2018: N400 Approved

8/7/2018: I751 Approved

9/5/2018: Oath Ceremony missed due to travel abroad and letter sent to USCIS to reschedule ceremony

10/2/2018: Officially a US Citizen! 

• 1 month later...

Hi to all September fillers, since I sent my form 9/2014 to Vermont they send me a RFE on January, then they transfered my case to a local office and now Im stuck there, waiting and this is killing me! Anyone knows if they re working on September fillers? Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Ok so I’ve been meaning to write this for a while ago so here it goes,

Our interview was scheduled on February 27th at 8:30 in the Morning at Federal Plaza. Now that made me ###### my pants because we are usually send to the Queens Field office since we live in the NYC borough of Queens.

I read other posts saying that complicated or suspicious cases are send to Federal Plaza where the headquarters of USCIS and FBI are currently located. On top of that I also read that if they want to put you through a Stokes interview they arrange your interview on Friday mornings so that they have a lot of time to interrogate you :S

Anyhow, we arrived at Federal Plaza late. We got there at 8:20 and there was a huge queue outside waiting to go through security. We went up to the 8th floor where a pissed of lady told us that the guy that will interview us was dying to get a case so he’s waiting for us down at 4th floor. I immediately thought that this is gonna be a difficult interview because this guy has not got any cases to go through so he will have a lot of time to be proper and ask a million questions with us.

We went to the fourth floor and waited with other couples to be called. An american-asian guy came out, looked at my name, then found me in the waiting area WITHOUT calling my name and he pointed at me and then he was like “Snorlux?” (obviously snorlux is not my real name so the guy called my real name there). I was surprised on how easily he found my in the croud of people and called us in. He probably saw a lot of photos of us before the interview.

Walking into his office I saw a note on his door saying “Queens Field Office”. Apparently the queens field office was closed for renovation so they moved all cases to Federal Plaza. I was worried for nothing!

The officer asked us to stay standing, put us under oath and said that even if the conversation seems friendly at times, anything we say is considered to be under oath. He then asked us to sit down and told us that he will make questions to each one of us and when he does the other person should stay quite.

He then asked for our driver’s licences or state id cards. He then asked why our addresses are different and my wife told him that it’s our old address and her drivers licence was issued before we move. He said he understands. He then asked my wife how we met. By the way, my wife was the one telling me to stay calm during the interview and not worry about anything and everything will be fine and then when we went there she got all stressed. She told the officer how we met and how we were talking since we were 16 and then she goes “..and umm.. and then what happened?..” and I was like oh my god are you kidding me? She got all stressed couldn’t speak. Anyhow, the officer helped her, he was like how did you start speaking then after all these years? And that gave my wife something to talk about! Then the officer turned to me and asked me if we were living together before coming to the USA.

Then asked me my wife’s parents names, her date of birth, where she works, how much she makes, how often she gets paid, how often we pay our rent, how much is our rent and what’s our landlord’s names and surnames. She made the same questions, except the rent questions, to my wife.

He asked to see some bills or rental leases etc and he asked if he can keep a copy of our rental lease to which we said yes of course. We also had a joint account from the time when we were living together in Scotland, UK. Then she went through photos and saw some that we had in Philadelphia and he was like “oh did you go to philly? I’m from philly! Did you guys like it? My wife said she loved it and the officer was like are you saying this because I have not approved your case yet? And he joked around with that.

Then he turned to me and he told me so you entered on August 8th and got married on September 9th? I said yes. Then he suggested: “So you entered with the intention to get married and adjust status in the US!” to which i replied “No sir I had no intention to stay here when I entered the country! I guess the want to make this questions and receive an answer from us so that they are covered from their end.

He then turned to his computer and started typing stuff. He then turns to me and goes “Congratulations, I have approved your case. Since your marriage is under 2 years old I can only offer you a conditional 2 year green card and you can remove the conditions on it after 2 years”. Then he asked us if we are planning to travel abroad soon. I realised he was asking so that he can see whether we need a green card stamp. Because I knew about this from visajourney I immediately said that yes we are going to canada to which he replied when are you going? And I said we are going in 2 weeks. The officer then said ok then I can give you a temporary stamp that can act as your green card for now. Then he said after you receive your actual green card make sure you never use this stamp again and you only use the greencard to enter.

This was a nerve wracking experience but I was very thankful that we received an approval confirmation from the officer before leaving his office.

Thank you all for all the help and support you gave us this whole time and thank you VisaJourney for an excellent immigration forum platform. I also like the fact that even with different religions and different beliefs we all come together supporting each other in this forum and talking about “god” and “prayers” without mentioning which god we believe in which makes it clear that at the end of the day we are all the same and this is how we should act in our real lives too and not only on forums :)

Congrats!

Congrats!!! Thanks to let us know that Queens office is closed for renovation Now I know why Im stuck for almost 3 months in a local offie, this sucks...:( Hope good news soon!

Ok so Ive been meaning to write this for a while ago so here it goes,

Our interview was scheduled on February 27th at 8:30 in the Morning at Federal Plaza. Now that made me ###### my pants because we are usually send to the Queens Field office since we live in the NYC borough of Queens.

Anyhow, we arrived at Federal Plaza late. We got there at 8:20 and there was a huge queue outside waiting to go through security. We went up to the 8th floor where a pissed of lady told us that the guy that will interview us was dying to get a case so hes waiting for us down at 4th floor. I immediately thought that this is gonna be a difficult interview because this guy has not got any cases to go through so he will have a lot of time to be proper and ask a million questions with us.

We went to the fourth floor and waited with other couples to be called. An american-asian guy came out, looked at my name, then found me in the waiting area WITHOUT calling my name and he pointed at me and then he was like Snorlux? (obviously snorlux is not my real name so the guy called my real name there). I was surprised on how easily he found my in the croud of people and called us in. He probably saw a lot of photos of us before the interview.

Walking into his office I saw a note on his door saying Queens Field Office. Apparently the queens field office was closed for renovation so they moved all cases to Federal Plaza. I was worried for nothing!

He then asked for our drivers licences or state id cards. He then asked why our addresses are different and my wife told him that its our old address and her drivers licence was issued before we move. He said he understands. He then asked my wife how we met. By the way, my wife was the one telling me to stay calm during the interview and not worry about anything and everything will be fine and then when we went there she got all stressed. She told the officer how we met and how we were talking since we were 16 and then she goes ..and umm.. and then what happened?.. and I was like oh my god are you kidding me? She got all stressed couldnt speak. Anyhow, the officer helped her, he was like how did you start speaking then after all these years? And that gave my wife something to talk about! Then the officer turned to me and asked me if we were living together before coming to the USA.

Then asked me my wifes parents names, her date of birth, where she works, how much she makes, how often she gets paid, how often we pay our rent, how much is our rent and whats our landlords names and surnames. She made the same questions, except the rent questions, to my wife.

He asked to see some bills or rental leases etc and he asked if he can keep a copy of our rental lease to which we said yes of course. We also had a joint account from the time when we were living together in Scotland, UK. Then she went through photos and saw some that we had in Philadelphia and he was like oh did you go to philly? Im from philly! Did you guys like it? My wife said she loved it and the officer was like are you saying this because I have not approved your case yet? And he joked around with that.

Then he turned to me and he told me so you entered on August 8th and got married on September 9th? I said yes. Then he suggested: So you entered with the intention to get married and adjust status in the US! to which i replied No sir I had no intention to stay here when I entered the country! I guess the want to make this questions and receive an answer from us so that they are covered from their end.

He then turned to his computer and started typing stuff. He then turns to me and goes Congratulations, I have approved your case. Since your marriage is under 2 years old I can only offer you a conditional 2 year green card and you can remove the conditions on it after 2 years. Then he asked us if we are planning to travel abroad soon. I realised he was asking so that he can see whether we need a green card stamp. Because I knew about this from visajourney I immediately said that yes we are going to canada to which he replied when are you going? And I said we are going in 2 weeks. The officer then said ok then I can give you a temporary stamp that can act as your green card for now. Then he said after you receive your actual green card make sure you never use this stamp again and you only use the greencard to enter.

Thank you all for all the help and support you gave us this whole time and thank you VisaJourney for an excellent immigration forum platform. I also like the fact that even with different religions and different beliefs we all come together supporting each other in this forum and talking about god and prayers without mentioning which god we believe in which makes it clear that at the end of the day we are all the same and this is how we should act in our real lives too and not only on forums :)

Congrats!!! Thanks to let us know that Queens office is closed for renovation Now I know why Im stuck for almost 3 months in a local offie, this sucks...:( Hope good news soon!

Anyhow, we arrived at Federal Plaza late. We got there at 8:20 and there was a huge queue outside waiting to go through security. We went up to the 8th floor where a pissed of lady told us that the guy that will interview us was dying to get a case so hes waiting for us down at 4th floor. I immediately thought that this is gonna be a difficult interview because this guy has not got any cases to go through so he will have a lot of time to be proper and ask a million questions with us.

We went to the fourth floor and waited with other couples to be called. An american-asian guy came out, looked at my name, then found me in the waiting area WITHOUT calling my name and he pointed at me and then he was like Snorlux? (obviously snorlux is not my real name so the guy called my real name there). I was surprised on how easily he found my in the croud of people and called us in. He probably saw a lot of photos of us before the interview.

Walking into his office I saw a note on his door saying Queens Field Office. Apparently the queens field office was closed for renovation so they moved all cases to Federal Plaza. I was worried for nothing!

He then asked for our drivers licences or state id cards. He then asked why our addresses are different and my wife told him that its our old address and her drivers licence was issued before we move. He said he understands. He then asked my wife how we met. By the way, my wife was the one telling me to stay calm during the interview and not worry about anything and everything will be fine and then when we went there she got all stressed. She told the officer how we met and how we were talking since we were 16 and then she goes ..and umm.. and then what happened?.. and I was like oh my god are you kidding me? She got all stressed couldnt speak. Anyhow, the officer helped her, he was like how did you start speaking then after all these years? And that gave my wife something to talk about! Then the officer turned to me and asked me if we were living together before coming to the USA.

Then asked me my wifes parents names, her date of birth, where she works, how much she makes, how often she gets paid, how often we pay our rent, how much is our rent and whats our landlords names and surnames. She made the same questions, except the rent questions, to my wife.

He asked to see some bills or rental leases etc and he asked if he can keep a copy of our rental lease to which we said yes of course. We also had a joint account from the time when we were living together in Scotland, UK. Then she went through photos and saw some that we had in Philadelphia and he was like oh did you go to philly? Im from philly! Did you guys like it? My wife said she loved it and the officer was like are you saying this because I have not approved your case yet? And he joked around with that.

Then he turned to me and he told me so you entered on August 8th and got married on September 9th? I said yes. Then he suggested: So you entered with the intention to get married and adjust status in the US! to which i replied No sir I had no intention to stay here when I entered the country! I guess the want to make this questions and receive an answer from us so that they are covered from their end.

He then turned to his computer and started typing stuff. He then turns to me and goes Congratulations, I have approved your case. Since your marriage is under 2 years old I can only offer you a conditional 2 year green card and you can remove the conditions on it after 2 years. Then he asked us if we are planning to travel abroad soon. I realised he was asking so that he can see whether we need a green card stamp. Because I knew about this from visajourney I immediately said that yes we are going to canada to which he replied when are you going? And I said we are going in 2 weeks. The officer then said ok then I can give you a temporary stamp that can act as your green card for now. Then he said after you receive your actual green card make sure you never use this stamp again and you only use the greencard to enter.

Thank you all for all the help and support you gave us this whole time and thank you VisaJourney for an excellent immigration forum platform. I also like the fact that even with different religions and different beliefs we all come together supporting each other in this forum and talking about god and prayers without mentioning which god we believe in which makes it clear that at the end of the day we are all the same and this is how we should act in our real lives too and not only on forums :)

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Can someone maybe help me? Here's my situation: let's say my maiden name is Mary Miller. That's what's on my birth certificate and passport. I never had a middle name or second first name before. My husbands last name is Smith.So then I married an filled in the AOS application like this: Mary as my first name, Miller as my middle name and Smith as my last name.

I got my greencard and everything was printed like I applied for.

When I tried to update my SSN they said even though the card was printed correctly USCIS had me in their system as Mary Miller Miller. So I send a letter to USCIS and they changed it. I went to SSO and DMV and got the SSN and my drivers license like I wanted it. Mary Miller Smith.

Thought: good. Done.

But NOW I got another letter from USCIS that they checked my file and they saw I never had a middle name on my birth certificate so they changed my name in their system to Mary Smith without my maiden name as my middle name.

What I wonder now is: I thought I could just apply in the name I wanted if I never had a middle name before??? I heard lots of people did it this way.

How do I get USCIS to take my maiden name back in their system? Will it be a problem let's say for traveling abroad that I have my name on all my documents differently than USCIS has me in their system??!?

Help would be highly appreciated. THANK YOU

• 5 weeks later...

Dear all,

I have a question which is a little bit off topic and is about Russian Immigration Law.

I got my green card in February 2015 and I want to go to Moscow to see my parents, and according to the new law, I have to report my perm. residency to the immigration department there.

The problem is that the name on my green card is my married name and it doesn't match the name on my passport (my passport has my maiden name).

Has anybody here had the same situation? Did it pose any problems? How long did it take?

Please, share your experience!

Thanks a lot!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.