mvelaz

NVC- 60 Day Letter

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

The only benefit of having an attorney is getting the AOS and IV bill together and sending the two packages together other than that an attorney doesn't speed up the process. I do have an attorney and my AOS and IV package was receive at NVC on 8/8/14 and I got the 60 days email on 8/11/14 I'm on day 26 as of now and I haven't heard anything yet and as far as I can tell they still working mid July so I still got a few weeks ahead of me. :cry: Please keep us posted with any cases being review that way we can keep track as to what date nvc is currently working.

Total days to approve I130 ( 77 days )

Nvc got case from Uscis on 5/29/14

Case # and IIN # generated 6/18/14

Aos and Iv billed paid on 7/10/14

Nvc got documents on 8/8/14

60 days letter from Nvc on 8/11/14

Waiting ........ :clock:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I sent in my IV packet last Thursday and got the 60 days email this morning. My AOS package was received on August 5. I called them this morning and they still haven't touched my AOS package as yet. I guess I will have to wait until sometime in November for a case complete and November will make one year since I started this process. It's very crazy SMH. I am pregnant and suppose to have my baby in January but to things are looking seems as if my baby will be born here putting on additional wait time for me. Oh well, it's just life.

Service Center - Texas

I -130 sent - October 26, 2013

NOA 1 - November 07, 2013

RFE - May 06, 2014

RFE Hard Copy Received - May 12, 2014 (2 passport size photo for the petitioner)

RFE Sent - May 15, 2014

NOA 2 - May 29, 2014

National Visa Center

NVC Received - 18/06/2014

Fill out DS - 261 Form & submit - 08/07/2014

Pay AOS Fee - 25/07/2014

Send AOS Package - 02/08/2014

NVC Receive AOS Package - 04/08/2014

Receive IV Bill - 28/08/2014

Send IV Package - 28/08/2014

Pay IV Bill - 30/08/2014

Case Complete - October 21, 2014

Interview Date - December 05, 2014 rescheduled from December 29, 2014

Interview Result - Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/511260-60-day-backlog/page-2#entry7221517

I made this same topic... Conclusion is, its 60 CALENDAR days from moment of them receiving the papers. Day 52... Approved, and sent to Embassy for interview. Don't worry! And by the way, the status of your fees being paid will switch from "Paid" to "N/A" on some stuff or other statuses going haywire all of a sudden, and then when that happens, CALL THEM, because there is a good chance it got approved, and passed on to the embassy for the interview... My thoughts of someone playing around with my case or even touching it, was exactly that. There is a few day delay getting the e-mail they told me when I called today. But they told me the interview date and everything. October 14. WHOO HOO!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Not really, I have an attorney handling the case and the wait time still the same. 60 days :( I send in to AOS and IV on 8/8/14 I'm praying I don't get a checklist.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/511260-60-day-backlog/page-2#entry7221517

I made this same topic... Conclusion is, its 60 CALENDAR days from moment of them receiving the papers. Day 52... Approved, and sent to Embassy for interview. Don't worry! And by the way, the status of your fees being paid will switch from "Paid" to "N/A" on some stuff or other statuses going haywire all of a sudden, and then when that happens, CALL THEM, because there is a good chance it got approved, and passed on to the embassy for the interview... My thoughts of someone playing around with my case or even touching it, was exactly that. There is a few day delay getting the e-mail they told me when I called today. But they told me the interview date and everything. October 14. WHOO HOO!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yay!! Super excited for you!! ? when was your scan date? Was your packet all set or did you end up getting a checklist about errors you needed to fix? I'm in my 43rd day of 60... hope we get case complete soon as well!!!

Timeline

I got 2 checklists. One for my civil documents (they were hell to get), and also they wanted me to re-do the AOS (I-184) because there was one spot, I simply left blank (because it said to leave blank, idiots) but they wanted me to write "N/A" on... Stupid, but I put them together, and sent as one package along with my civil documents. They received and scanned my stuff July 10. They told me I should have an answer by September 10, no matter what, even though I got the 60 day notice August 1. it's 60 CALENDAR days, or 8 weeks from receive/scan date. REPEAT, CALENDAR DAYS. I know it sounds like I am repeating myself, but it's a HUGE difference. because if it was business days like how they count everything else, it would be 12 weeks. Sucks absolute balls when they DON'T count those precious weekends that they close on. So... Without further adue... :dance:

60 DAYS

or
8 WEEKS

or
2 MONTHS

However you want to look at it. It's within that time frame.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I sent in my IV packet last Thursday and got the 60 days email this morning. My AOS package was received on August 5. I called them this morning and they still haven't touched my AOS package as yet. I guess I will have to wait until sometime in November for a case complete and November will make one year since I started this process. It's very crazy SMH. I am pregnant and suppose to have my baby in January but to things are looking seems as if my baby will be born here putting on additional wait time for me. Oh well, it's just life.

Is something wrong with my packages, they have been received and inputted into the system but I have not received any emails about length of time.

AOS mailed 10/23/17, delivered 10/25/17, check cashed 11/2/17

text/email notification 11/3/17,  recvd NOAs 11/7/17

priority date      10/26/17

NOA date           11/1/17

Bio notice          11/17/17

Bio date             11/27/17

EAD Approve    02/28/18

Filed I 131        03/05/18

Recvd EAD      03/08/18

Interview Letter recvd  8/4/18   Interview date  9/12/18

Interview Approved 9/12/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

At ABG call and confirm that they received your package.

Service Center - Texas

I -130 sent - October 26, 2013

NOA 1 - November 07, 2013

RFE - May 06, 2014

RFE Hard Copy Received - May 12, 2014 (2 passport size photo for the petitioner)

RFE Sent - May 15, 2014

NOA 2 - May 29, 2014

National Visa Center

NVC Received - 18/06/2014

Fill out DS - 261 Form & submit - 08/07/2014

Pay AOS Fee - 25/07/2014

Send AOS Package - 02/08/2014

NVC Receive AOS Package - 04/08/2014

Receive IV Bill - 28/08/2014

Send IV Package - 28/08/2014

Pay IV Bill - 30/08/2014

Case Complete - October 21, 2014

Interview Date - December 05, 2014 rescheduled from December 29, 2014

Interview Result - Approved

Timeline

I got 2 checklists. One for my civil documents (they were hell to get), and also they wanted me to re-do the AOS (I-184) because there was one spot, I simply left blank (because it said to leave blank, idiots) but they wanted me to write "N/A" on... Stupid, but I put them together, and sent as one package along with my civil documents. They received and scanned my stuff July 10. They told me I should have an answer by September 10, no matter what, even though I got the 60 day notice August 1. it's 60 CALENDAR days, or 8 weeks from receive/scan date. REPEAT, CALENDAR DAYS. I know it sounds like I am repeating myself, but it's a HUGE difference. because if it was business days like how they count everything else, it would be 12 weeks. Sucks absolute balls when they DON'T count those precious weekends that they close on. So... Without further adue... :dance:

60 DAYS

or

8 WEEKS

or

2 MONTHS

However you want to look at it. It's within that time frame.

Congratulations! The NVC nightmare is finally over for you :)

So when they approved your stuff, did the AOS/IV documents section change from N/A to Approved (or something alike)? Or is the change of the AOS fee from Paid to N/A the only indicator for CC? Thank you!

Edited by StrawberryKiss

Timeline

Like I said before...

My status has always been marked as "Paid" when I sign into...

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

The receipt/invoice page never changed, but that IV login page that displays the status of the IV app... It displays the current latest statuses of your case before the interview step... IV remained at "Paid", then magically, one day, the AOS went from "Paid" to "N/A"... To me, that means my case was being 'touched' in a sense... Only reason it would be changed or 'touched' was if somebody was doing something with it... And since I sent my AOS fixed papers with my IV Civil Documents, if that status changed, then no reason why the other might have also since they were together. I called, and it was confirmed. Case Completed, just didn't send me the e-mail yet. Hell, the case statuses are still at "N/A" for some reason.

• 5 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

NVC is destroying our lives!

62 days past and still my file hasn't been reviewed yet! I called NVC on the 60th day and the told me I have to wait more. This is gone crazy for everyone and it's costly too. Don't they relize people r going to regret they got maried in first place?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.