Saylin

NVC Filers - September 2014

3,637 posts in this topic

No, Thanks! :dead: That sounds like my worst nightmare! :bonk: I'd rather go through the NVC stage again from the beginning! :rofl:

I also have to stick a needle into my stomach area before flying, which is all sorts of fun.

And just for the heck of it I purchased a blood group testing kit and had fun using the finger pricking device. Turns out I'm O negative, which would be good if my veins were big enough for the donation needles -_-

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Uh, yes, KEV is for the Ukraine. I'd get back on the phone and explain the situation. You'll need to get a new case number.

Oh my... I feel SOOOO sorry for your husband :rofl: I'd be the same way!

Funny story, my husband just had a form of LASIK eye surgery done last Thursday. He's been making video blogs about it. He asked me to film the eye surgery. Let's just say, half way through his first eye (with all the scrapping and clamps and such) and I nearly passed out. For the rest of the surgery, everyone in the room was asking if I was alright :rofl:

We called them. Due to the fact I put U.K. and not GBR they put me in as from the Ukraine.

Wouldn't change it obviously, I need to send them my birth certificate to change my embassy and give me a new case number, but did say we could pay the fees. Would you think this is correct? Do you think that'll take forever? They said to my husband it'll be a week.

I'm so annoyed and upset over this. You can clearly tell from all over my package that it says United Kingdom!

:(

event.png

Interview FEB 27TH :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Just received email to pay IV fee. Submitted DS261 on 8/12/2014.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

Marriage : 2014-02-14

U S C I S

I-130 Sent : 2014-02-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-02-28

I-130 RFE : 2014-07-05

I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-07-07

I-130 Approved : 2014-07-16 :thumbs:

N V C

NVC Received : 2014-07-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-08-11

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-13

Send AOS Package : 2014-08-14

Scan AOS Package : 2014-08-18

Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-12

Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-11

Pay IV Bill : 2014-09-12

Send IV Package : 2014-09-09

Scan IV Package : 2014-09-10

DS-260 COMPLETE : 2014-09-15

Case Completed at NVC : 2014-10-17 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Interview Date Via Phone call to NVC: 2014-12-02

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2014-11-03

Visa Approved: 2014-12-02

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok.... Quick update for anyone else in my shoes.....

Originally I submitted a petition for K3

I got my noa2 for the i129f on August 15th

I got my noa2 for the i130 on August 22nd

NVC has assigned a case number for the 129f but not the 130. Ariel(Nvc operator) told me today that the whole case is under administrative review and there is no specific dates/timeline available for this procedure. They are deciding whether to go ahead with the K3 or to convert my case to a CR1.

I will be contacted by either the NVC or my Embassy once a decision is made.

Hurry up and wait.

In the meantime I have everything ready to go for either scenario.

We called them. Due to the fact I put U.K. and not GBR they put me in as from the Ukraine.

Wouldn't change it obviously, I need to send them my birth certificate to change my embassy and give me a new case number, but did say we could pay the fees. Would you think this is correct? Do you think that'll take forever? They said to my husband it'll be a week.

I'm so annoyed and upset over this. You can clearly tell from all over my package that it says United Kingdom!

:(

It shouldn't slow down the processing of your case. Go ahead and send the BC. Sorry this happened. :(

(We also were assigned to the wrong embassy, and I don't think it slowed us down.)

Click "Show" to see my timeline.

Petitioner and Beneficiary both live temporarily in France, no DCF

USCIS
04/18/14: I-130 sent via Chronopost
04/21/14: NOA1
05/01/14: NOA2

NVC
05/12/14: NVC received case
06/04/14: Case number assigned (wrong embassy); received IIN
06/12/14: Case number reassigned to correct embassy, same IIN
06/13/14: Received DS-261 email and AOS invoice; completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee
06/18/14: AOS fee appears as "Paid" in the portal
06/26/14: AOS package sent via FedEx
06/30/14: AOS package delivered to NVC
07/07/14: AOS package scanned in
07/18/14: Received IV fee invoice; paid IV fee.
07/21/14: Sent IV package
07/21/14: IV Fee shows as paid
07/21/14: Submitted DS-260
07/23/14: IV packaged delivered to NVC
07/25/14: IV package scanned in
08/21/14: Received false checklist for IV documents -- AOS approved!
09/16/14: AOS fee changed from "Paid" to "N/A" -- CASE COMPLETE!
09/23/14: Received Case Complete email from NVC
10/06/14: Received Interview Date
10/07/14: Received interview letter via email
11/04/14: Medical
11/12/14: INTERVIEW! Approved! :dancing:

If it helps, I sent an email to them on July 26th and they finally replied on September 8th.

Thank you! That does help.

Anyone can make a thread ;) So, if someone wants to spearhead a new thread for just venting about wait times or talking about how draining the process is, etc etc, then by all means, someone start one! (Call it something like The NVC Moral Support/Ranting Thread) Then this thread can get back to its original intention of questions and progress only (and probably reduce the number of pages by a lot, especially if people start reading what's available).

It's funny to me, cause when I was going through the process, the NVC threads would typically average around 40 pages by the end of the month. Even less sometimes. But as the wait times go up, (obviously) more people talk about it and complain. Which is fine, but I think it should be in a separate thread, as I've discussed before and brought up again above.

Yes, anyone can make a thread, but I thought this one was special for some reason. Dunno why I thought that hahaha. Now let's see if someone will make one every month. I see one's been made already. Hooray!

I quoted someone (MoBar something or other) who suggested the advanced search tool, but accidentally deleted the quote somehow. Oh well. Yes, good idea, I will try it out. Thanks for reminding everyone that it exists!

Thank you so much for saying this!. I have said this before, but I was bullied for making this comment. Who really has time to sit and and read all of these pages everyday? I actually have a life outside of VJ...

Also, I am so tired of hearing people state that people need to actually READ the comments. Please take into consideration that people deal with this process differently. Some people may actually be reading, but need help understanding what is being said.

Yeah, people have brought it up before on multiple occasions, which made me pretty sure silverjetplane and I weren't the only ones who didn't want to deal with that anymore. I'm glad there's now a vent thread where people can go for that purpose. I hope people understand that I don't have anything against venting and I've sure done it myself. It's just a simple matter of making things easier on everyone. We'll all probably get along better too. Sometimes there's tension, and this will help ease that.

PROGRESS REPORT:

I got what I believed to be a false checklist for both my AOS checklist response and the IV documents (they listed everything but the passport photos, interesting.) I just called and after a half an hour on hold (no surprise there), I was told that it was indeed a false checklist, because they reviewed our DS-260 and it was accepted! Yes! (Sorry, forgot to ask for the date or acceptance but I assume it was yesterday.) And our AOS checklist and IV packages were scanned on September 8. I feel so relieved. Mel, who is cool as a cucumber by the way and VERY helpful, said that it can take 30 business days for them to answer an e-mail, so I'm going to try not to worry about our embassy change not being approved before reaching case closed. Considering we sent that e-mail August 5, it's unlikely. Knock on wood!

USCIS (Priority date April 1, Approval April 17, no RFEs)

March 28, 2014: I-130 sent via FedEx from Bogotá to Chicago Lockbox

April 1, 2014: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 10:29 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by J. CHYBA (date confirmed by My Case Status)

April 4, 2014: NOA1 e-mail received at 12:17 a.m.; case accepted and routed to CSC for processing. Check cashed.

April 17, 2014: Changed mailing address with USCIS Tier 2 representative. He also confirmed that our case had arrived to the CSC and that our NOA1 date is April 3.

April 18, 2014: NOA2 e-mail received at 12:30 a.m. Case status online changed to post-decision activity; date of "last updated" changed to April 17. Change of address e-mail received at 3 a.m. Status changed back to initial review on e-mail and online. Date of "last updated" now April 18. Called and spoke to two Tier 2 reps; both were useless.

April 21, 2014: Approval confirmed verbally by Tier 2 rep. Order put in to send second NOA2 hard copy to new address. Instructed to ignore online case status.

April 25 or 26, 2014: NOA1 hard copy arrives to old apartment in Bogotá. Priority date actually April 1. (April 3 was the notice date.)

May 16: USCIS change of address e-mail received

May 19: USCIS e-mail received saying a duplicate notice was mailed on this date. Case status now set to "Acceptance."

May 22: NOA2 duplicate hard copy arrives to U.S. address

NVC

April 29, 2014: Case received

​May 22, 2014: Case number and IIN assigned. Asked operator about our move from Colombia to Argentina and received instructions.

May 24, 2014: E-mails about embassy change/address change sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov at 4:36 p.m. NVC time

​June 3, 2014: Payment portal message "This case is in the process of termination" appears. DS-261 appears, submitted. E-mails received from NVC concerning case number and AOS bill.

June 4, 2014: AOS payment invoiced, paid; DS-261 received by NVC

June 6, 2014: AOS payment shows as PAID in payment portal

June 17, 2014: Response received from nvcinquiry@state.gov. "The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed."

June 24, 2014: AOS package sent via FedEx overnight shipping from Houston to NVC

June 25, 2014: AOS package delivered at 9:43 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by F.FNU

July 1, 2014: AOS package scanned

July 18, 2014: Checked payment portal and saw: "CASE NUMBER CHANGE: The applicant's case number, [bGT#], has been changed to [bNS#]." Called and confirmed. Also said today marked 30 business days since NVC received DS-261; operator said she would have that reviewed and make IV payment available ASAP.

August 5: E-mail sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov concerning changing our embassy BACK to Bogotá at 6:41 p.m. NVC time

August 6: IV invoice e-mail FINALLY received at 2:13 a.m. NVC time

August 7: IV payment made available on payment portal; paid

August 8: IV payment shows as PAID in payment portal; DS-260 becomes available

August 14: Checklist received; errors on sponsor's I-864 form and on joint sponsor's I-864A

August 15: DS-260 submitted

August 29: Checklist response and IV package sent via FedEx ground from Houston to NVC

September 4: Checklist response and IV package delivered at 11:21 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by GPETERS

September 8: Checklist response and IV package scanned

September 10: DS-260 accepted; false checklist received

September 17: E-mail response received from asknvc@state.gov (30 business days/43 calendar days later): Correspondence under review

September 26: Embassy change approved; new case number assigned

October 30: CASE COMPLETE

Embassy

Interview scheduled: Nov. 10 -- Medical: Nov. 25 -- Interview: Dec. 1, 9:30 a.m. APPROVED! -- Visa in hand: Dec. 5 -- POE: Dec. 29 in Houston

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Good afternoon to all VJ Community, question I received a checklist which I had mentioned on Sept 5 and was verbally informed by 5 reps what I needed to send. I send in new paperwork. On Sept 9 I received the email for that checklist. It indicated all the issues the agents had mentioned except it had on top of each page one sponsors name and not the other one. However I asked NVC and they said sometimes it goes out printed wrong but keep reading it will tell you what to change and do it for all sponsors the agents said.

Today I received another checklist email exactly the same requesting same docs.

Has anyone had that happen and if so should I disregard and pretend they duplicated. I am calling them now.

I received my false checklist twice once at 1:08am and again just now... I almost had a HEART ATTACK thinking it was a real checklist for my IV packet...

USCIS

1-130 received 12/6/13

NOA 1: 12/9/13

NOA 2: 5/20/14

NVC

Case Number assigned: 6/20/14 (called and operator to find out, still unable to log in)

FINALLY able to log in, DS-261 available: 7/7/14

DS-261 completed: 7/7/14

AOS Fee Invoiced : 7/9/14

AOS Fee Paid: 7/9/14

AOS Fee shows as paid in CEAC: 7/11/14

AOS packet sent: 7/11/14 (via FedEx, guaranteed delivery by Monday, 7/14/14)

AOS packet delivered (per FedEx tracking): 7/14/14

IV Invoiced and paid: 7/14/14

IV Invoice shows as paid and DS-260 available: 7/15/14

DS-260 submitted: 7/15/14

IV packet sent: 7/17 (via FedEx overnight, guaranteed delivery by Friday, 7/18)

AOS Packet scanned in: 7/17 (found out via phone call)

IV packet scanned in: 7/22

AOS APPROVED!! 9/9

Case Complete: 9/11

Interview Scheduled: 10/3/14

Interview: 11/10/14

It shouldn't slow down the processing of your case. Go ahead and send the BC. Sorry this happened. :(

(We also were assigned to the wrong embassy, and I don't think it slowed us down.)

Wow thank you, that made me feel a whole lot better. I'm sending my BC tomorrow :).

What happened with you? Could you explain?

Did you wait to do anything until your new case number as assigned or were you able to do anything on the portals?

event.png

Interview FEB 27TH :dancing:

Timeline

Nvc reviewing jul23...just 6 actual business days left in july ...26/27 jul being weekend...and then 2/3aug again weekends so should be on 4 aug by next week:))hoping for the best

Reviewing the 23rd? Has anyone had something approved with a scan date of 7/23? I am still waiting on 7/22...

USCIS

1-130 received 12/6/13

NVC

Case Number assigned: 6/20/14 (called and operator to find out, still unable to log in)

AOS APPROVED!! 9/9

Timeline

Hi Megwin, I can see you already have a cc, I was waiting for you case because I am from Peru too, NVC didnt get you an interview day yet? I thought for Peru is faster...I am waiting for cc, I had a checklist (July 31th)

Hi Yamil, nice to see a fellow Peru filer :) I actually don't have a CC yet, but I'm 7/22 scan date so I hope I will today or tomorrow? At this point it honestly seems like that magical moment will never come. Either way, I will keep you posted for sure on interview progress.

Question, it seems that Lima (different from most other embassies) strongly encourages the US citizen to be present at the interview, do you know if that is true? I am planning on going with my husband...

Good luck to you, almost there!

USCIS

1-130 received 12/6/13

NVC

AOS APPROVED!! 9/9

So I just called NVC to ask if they got the case yet. I swear it felt like I was talking to a robot. Some very rude guy, who don't even bother to say hi or even who he was. Absolutely nothing.

Just asked me the case number and I gave him. The receipt number from uscis. Like a robot, told me there's no case in the system and to call back after 25 days.

I asked if I would be invoiced the new fees since it's changing tomorrow (Sept 12th), he simply said.. He hasn't been notified of any new fee changes so no and where did I assume that from. I told him it was online. He goes, I haven't been notified so we will go by the old fees as I would consider it.

After a 40 minute hold, I get to talk to a robot who tells me he has no idea about the new fees. How wonderful! Very frustrating.

Edited by Kulfi

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I received my false checklist twice once at 1:08am and again just now... I almost had a HEART ATTACK thinking it was a real checklist for my IV packet...

How did you know it was false did you call and they let you know?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow thank you, that made me feel a whole lot better. I'm sending my BC tomorrow :).

What happened with you? Could you explain?

Did you wait to do anything until your new case number as assigned or were you able to do anything on the portals?

We also got the wrong embassy. We were able to pay the AOS but out IV was not unlocked until after we got our new case number. I don't know if this was due to the case number or general delay at the NVC. It took about 7 weeks to get our new number.

Edited by Cdnarmygrl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.