2,664 posts in this topic

Ok. I just loged in to tell this to all yal. Dont let this processing time date drive you crazy.. we have seen RFE fron october 5 already in facebook group. 601 waiver journey.. my recive day is october 28.. so in facebook we are getting approval from august and september and yesterday we got two from october 2 an approval and so cheerr up this waiting is crazy but we are strong.. god bless you all.

Edited by Ken19y

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Now since in my case my visa interview was in June 2nd, 2015 and if the year since that interview comes around and If i still haven't hear anything from uscis regarding I-601 should i call the embassy to let them know i am still waiting on approval. Because i was told they hold visa (documents) for a year, so does anyone knows something about this?

thank you,

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Timeline

OMG! you are right it is driving us crazy... but OMG!!! I really hope we are next!!! I think the wait is driving us crazy and the fact that it causes so much pain.

Thank you so much for sharing this, do really hope we are next, anytime soon i hope. God bless you, please keep giving us good news like this.

Ok. I just loged in to tell this to all yal. Dont let this processing time date drive you crazy.. we have seen RFE fron october 5 already in facebook group. 601 waiver journey.. my recive day is october 28.. so in facebook we are getting approval from august and september and yesterday we got two from october 2 an approval and so cheerr up this waiting is crazy but we are strong.. god bless you all.

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

I-130

OMG! you are right it is driving us crazy... but OMG!!! I really hope we are next!!! I think the wait is driving us crazy and the fact that it causes so much pain.

Thank you so much for sharing this, do really hope we are next, anytime soon i hope. God bless you, please keep giving us good news like this.

Your welcome.... my interview was april 27 ,2015. Since i am turning in 1 year this month and still waiting for the waiver. I called the consulate/embassy to let them know i am stil waitin so they told me they wont close my case till waiver repond is done. They did a notification and i got an email confirmation next day..

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just wanted to post my thoughts about the processing times on the 601. I do not believe USCIS is responding to the wavier requests in the order they are received, and this is why. This month I entered various receipt numbers to see if I could tell what cases were being worked since I read somewhere that USCIS is bad about updating their processing time to reflect which date they are currently serving. At that time I entered a receipt number ending in 400,000...it said that request was received February 1st and is in process. Our receipt number is in the 500,000s so I took the number up to case ending in 505,553...it said this case was approved. I then enter case ending in 505,554...this one stated the packet was received on March 14th. So if USCIS is going in order how could a case with a later number (505,553) be approved before a decision was made on case ending in 400,000? It is weird to me. So please don't give up hope! I know many here having been waiting a long time, and the wait seems like forever. Our case was received on March 14th...not many digits away from the case 505,553...so it appears they are working at random.

Timeline

Ken19y, thank you for response on the embassy visa question I had, I will give them a call if we don't get an answer before a year turns in.

Jonando, I do know that some applications even though file after the processing time on website have been approved, so you are right some applications are worked on random. But i am guessing these are some cases but the majority are worked on receipt date, any way just my 2 cents on the matter.

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

I-130

Just wanted to post my thoughts about the processing times on the 601. I do not believe USCIS is responding to the wavier requests in the order they are received, and this is why. This month I entered various receipt numbers to see if I could tell what cases were being worked since I read somewhere that USCIS is bad about updating their processing time to reflect which date they are currently serving. At that time I entered a receipt number ending in 400,000...it said that request was received February 1st and is in process. Our receipt number is in the 500,000s so I took the number up to case ending in 505,553...it said this case was approved. I then enter case ending in 505,554...this one stated the packet was received on March 14th. So if USCIS is going in order how could a case with a later number (505,553) be approved before a decision was made on case ending in 400,000? It is weird to me. So please don't give up hope! I know many here having been waiting a long time, and the wait seems like forever. Our case was received on March 14th...not many digits away from the case 505,553...so it appears they are working at random.

The do work the cases in order received for the most part. However, they first need to get information from the consulate which the applicant is based. Each consulate takes different time to respond to requests and can take different time depending on the case. Each case also has varying levels of degree of complexities and information that needs to be verified. Some cases also are expedited which means they are going to get decisions much sooner. The current processing time is 7.5-Months. The vast majority of cases will receive an approval or RFE within 30 Days before or after 7.5-months of the receive date. There are also numerous officers involved in working cases and some are going to be more experienced and work faster. Not sure how they are assigned but imagine each officer has many cases they are working on at any given time. So, yes they do work the cases in order received but it is like building houses. Each house, depending on numerous factors, is not going to be completed on the same day despite work being started on the same day.

The processing time can increase or decrease at any time and to know what the processing time is, you can simply visit their website which is updated monthly. Because the processing time is based on the previous month, the processing time is going to be a bit out of date. The good news is that I doubt it will get longer since the last few months they are running at twice what their normal goal of 4-months.

Better to accept the 7.5-month time frame and be surprised and happy if you get an answer sooner as there is nothing you can do to speed things up prior to that unless you have a valid reason to get your case expedited. You can't even file an inquiry until you are past the current processing time.

I am speaking from experience. Wasted a lot of time and effort during the 8-month wait researching and obsessing. Better just put it out of your mind until you are closer to the processing time deadline. Just keeping checking their website each month to see what the current processing time is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They definitely do not go in order of received date. There are case # I monitor that have end of July or early August 2015 received dates. Some have been approved. Some got RFEs. Some haven't had any action since received.

USCIS received our RFE response over 4 weeks ago and we still haven't heard anything. It's not looking good. USCIS is working very very slow.

They definitely do not go in order of received date. There are case # I monitor that have end of July or early August 2015 received dates. Some have been approved. Some got RFEs. Some haven't had any action since received.

USCIS received our RFE response over 4 weeks ago and we still haven't heard anything. It's not looking good. USCIS is working very very slow.

I suggest you read what I wrote in its entirety.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello guys I just want to keep the i601 cases updated

My receive Date is Jun 11 2015

Aproved i601. April 13 2016

Approved i485 April 16 2016

Card sent to me April 20 2016

Received the Green card April 23

Oho ohow

Wich you guys all the best and thank you for every think

Timeline

souad1986, Congratulations! It's been a journey thank you for the update. Best of luck for you as well.

I-601

NVC Processing I-130

I-130

Filed: Other Timeline
souad1986

Wow congratulations!!

We too submitted 601 and 485 together so your update gives us hope. Thank you for sharing.

One quick question, did you get a RFE or submit a service request while you were waiting for 601? Your received date is in June and that is like 11 month wait!!!! Ours was received in July (~10month wait now). We are debating if we should contact and bother USCIS once more. Any suggestions?

Best of luck with everything!! Again, Congratulations

souad1986

Wow congratulations!!

We too submitted 601 and 485 together so your update gives us hope. Thank you for sharing.

One quick question, did you get a RFE or submit a service request while you were waiting for 601? Your received date is in June and that is like 11 month wait!!!! Ours was received in July (~10month wait now). We are debating if we should contact and bother USCIS once more. Any suggestions?

Best of luck with everything!! Again, Congratulations

If you submitted an inquiry, they should have responded with a time frame. If you are outside that time frame then you should contact the Ombudsmen's office ... https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

Do you have an attorney?

Filed: Other Timeline

If you submitted an inquiry, they should have responded with a time frame. If you are outside that time frame then you should contact the Ombudsmen's office ... https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

Do you have an attorney?

We have submitted inquiries twice but received nothing. I will look into ombudsmen's office for help! Thanks so much for your msg.

We have an attorney but we are not getting any help from him now.

We have submitted inquiries twice but received nothing. I will look into ombudsmen's office for help! Thanks so much for your msg.

We have an attorney but we are not getting any help from him now.

Your lawyer may be getting responses as they need to respond to inquiries even if it is just a standard form response.

Have you called and asked why they have not responded to your inquiries just to confirm they in fact did not?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.