183 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just give it some more time. You should always take that online thing with a grain of salt though, it doesn't update accurately 100%. Some have had approved I-485 and I-130 petitions with no movement in the online notification. As long as your delivery service showed it was safely delivered, you shouldn't be concerned. Good luck!

Thank you for the reply - you've eased my mind! I've been panicking non stop worrying if I sent in enough documentation etc. The RFE was in regards to the I864 and I864a. We filled them in backwards so to speak, so we re-did supplied all the latest tax info for those two people (my wifes parents). Not sure if I need to prove that they are married with joint bills/bank statements or not. That's why I was worried I hadn't heard from them!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Today I received the interview notice. They scheduled it for August 5th. I'm glad we finally got it :) That's about 8 months since filling. I'm pretty sure my late RFE response delayed it a bit.

AOS timeline:

12/1/2014 - Priority Date

01/03/2015 - RFE regarding tax returns

01/05/2015 - Biometrics done

03/07/2015 - Responded to RFE

03/18/2015 - Ready to be scheduled for an interview

07/03/2015 - Received the interview notice

08/05/2015 - Interview completed, no decision

08/06/2015 - Approved, welcome notice mailed, card in production

08/18/2015 - Card delivered

ROC timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Today I received the interview notice. They scheduled it for August 5th. I'm glad we finally got it :) That's about 8 months since filling. I'm pretty sure my late RFE response delayed it a bit.

Yeah I remember telling you your 2 month late RFE was going to freeze the clock on your case till they're received. It's for that reason why you're getting an interview within 8 months since priority date as opposed to 6 on average for most Seattle filers. Good thing you've been scheduled. Remember details of your relationship, how it progressed and most important the dates as relationship evolved. Also know details stated in your I-130 and I-485 as you guys will go through those again to confirm your identity, marriage histories for you and your spouse, children involved, security questions, work and a host of other answers there you previously submitted. Good luck in your interview don't sweat it it's not an interogation. If your marriage is real and you know details of you'll be just fine.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Awesome, finally things are moving along for you. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

So we had our interview yesterday. We arrived 30 minutes early but the wait was quite long (about 2 hours). Eventually, the lady came out and called our names. First she sworn us in and asked us for our IDs. She asked if my wife's last name was her married name, she said yes. I gave her my passport and my wife her license. After that she asked if we had anything to add to the case. I gave her the paperwork and photos that we brought (joint bank account statements, bills, a lot of mail that we received over time etc). She asked us questions from I130 which we answered correctly, then she moved on to I485 going over the yes and now questions. It was a relaxed atmosphere and we finished that part quickly. Then she asked us about how we met, the time frame of our relationship progression, when we married, where etc. She was writing it all down. The last thing she has done was look at the evidence submitted. She looked at all of the bank statements, and then asked why is electric bill on my name, and cable on hers, we explained that the companies would only put one name so we put one on each, and said there is the same address, she said ok. She looked through everything else, and asked if she can keep the pictures. I said yes. At the end she explained that we need to remove the conditions in 2 years if approved and that it takes up to 4 weeks for the decision or something like that. She made sure she had my phone number in case she needs anything. Didn't give us any forms or anything, and kindly escourted us out.

What do you guys think? We haven't got any emails or confirmations yet. Does it really take that long?

Thanks.

AOS timeline:

ROC timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

So we had our interview yesterday. We arrived 30 minutes early but the wait was quite long (about 2 hours). Eventually, the lady came out and called our names. First she sworn us in and asked us for our IDs. She asked if my wife's last name was her married name, she said yes. I gave her my passport and my wife her license. After that she asked if we had anything to add to the case. I gave her the paperwork and photos that we brought (joint bank account statements, bills, a lot of mail that we received over time etc). She asked us questions from I130 which we answered correctly, then she moved on to I485 going over the yes and now questions. It was a relaxed atmosphere and we finished that part quickly. Then she asked us about how we met, the time frame of our relationship progression, when we married, where etc. She was writing it all down. The last thing she has done was look at the evidence submitted. She looked at all of the bank statements, and then asked why is electric bill on my name, and cable on hers, we explained that the companies would only put one name so we put one on each, and said there is the same address, she said ok. She looked through everything else, and asked if she can keep the pictures. I said yes. At the end she explained that we need to remove the conditions in 2 years if approved and that it takes up to 4 weeks for the decision or something like that. She made sure she had my phone number in case she needs anything. Didn't give us any forms or anything, and kindly escourted us out.

What do you guys think? We haven't got any emails or confirmations yet. Does it really take that long?

Thanks.

Congrats! You will get an approval /GC production E-mail soon.

Timeline

As of August 06, case approved, welcome notice mailed :) Card in production. I'm so happy.

AOS timeline:

ROC timeline:

Timeline

Thank you :)

AOS timeline:

ROC timeline:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am new to this site. Does anyone know what month they are currently interviewing? My priority date is March 25, 2015. Filed i-485, i-130, i-765 together. Already have a work permit, just waiting on interview date in Seattle office.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, I am new to this site. Does anyone know what month they are currently interviewing? My priority date is March 25, 2015. Filed i-485, i-130, i-765 together. Already have a work permit, just waiting on interview date in Seattle office.

Sorry, no idea what month they are interviewing, but could you please update when you get your notice??

As of August 06, case approved, welcome notice mailed :) Card in production. I'm so happy.

Awesome! Congratulations!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi,

We have noticed that Seattle's field office's processing date hasn't changed for 2 months based on the info at USCIS website. It's either one of two: backlog got stuck or info on the processing dates is incorrect.

Has anyone received the notice for interview date within the last 3 months? Can you please share what was your priority date?

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.