2,417 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

BYE BYE 2004 and WELCOME TO 2005.

Category F3                                                                       Documents submitted --  3 February 2017

PD 01 August 2005                                                          Case Complete --             17 October 2017

Case approval 09 January 2006                                    VB month for PD to be current -- November 2017

Changeability Rest of World                                           IL received --                                   10 January 2018

Invoice ID Available                                                          Interview Date --                             12 April  2018

Case open 28 September 2016                                     Status with AP                                 17 April 2018                                 

Welcome Letter 30 September 2016                            Status with Issued                          18 April 2018       

Invoice Paid -- 28 December 2016

DS 260 filled --  2 February 2017 

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi guys,

Congrats who get their IL ,

Mine is tomorrow, plz pray for me ,am

become very nervous.

Interview is tomorrow

wish you the best of luck.

and plz don't forget to share your interview experience with us.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys,

Congrats who get their IL ,

Mine is tomorrow, plz pray for me ,am become very nervous.

Interview is tomorrow

best of luck share your experience with us i m also from Pakistan it helps me a lot

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally got back from Montreal late last night after two very hectic days. It's good new and bad news. First the good news..... we didn't get visas....yet. Now the bad news.... we have to submit our I-864's and I-864A's again (all originals with signature) for each family member. We also need another I-864A for my aunt who is the wife of our joint sponsor as she was listed on his tax return.

The CO stated that we had an incomplete I-864 but when I checked what we had submitted (I retained copy of it) it appears to me that he is mistaken, however I will speak to NVC and email the Consulate for clarification. I will post separately about the interview experience shortly.

Cheers,

EOT

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In this post I'm going to go through our interview experience. One thing I cannot stress enough is to follow ALL instructions as provided by both the NVC and the Embassy/Consulate as it will make YOUR life easier. Our son turned 21 last year and was to be determined under the CSPA rule, however, he was not listed on our IL so we had the added stress of not knowing whether he would be allowed to the interview.

We arrived at the Consulate at approximately 7:40am (our interview was scheduled for 8:30am) and there were approximately 15 people already in the line. The security guard at the door was letting in a few people at a time. The 2 individuals who were in line in front of us and were not together were both turned away by the security guard as they had large backpacks and mobile phones and electronics devices.

At around 7:55am, we entered the building and were directed to a security person who had a handheld device.I produced both the courier registration letter and the IL and she checked the names on her device. Our son was listed to our relief and I pointed out to her that he was under CSPA review and that he was not listed on the IL. We were asked for all passports, on the back of which a label was placed. She handed us a card with instructions and a number on top (#3) to our relief. We were told to go to the 19th floor and sit in the section marked Immigration Visa.

We proceeded up the short staircase and after entering through the door, went through airport style security. We were told to go down the stairs and take the elevator. When we exited the elevator there was no one waiting in the IV section and we were directed directly to one of the many windows for the processing of the paperwork.

We arrived at the window at around 8:02am and the lady processing the paperwork specified the order in which she wanted the documents passing to her. She asked how many of us there were and we explained there were five. She only had four listed. We explained the situation regarding CSPA for our son. She went inside and came back with another person, who wanted to know about our CSPA and whether NVC were dealing with it and whether an application had been submitted and fees had been paid.

We explained that the file had been passed to the Consulate for them to process. He wanted to know if our son's medical had been done and we said yes. He was extremely upset that this had been done by the doctor without written instructions from the NVC as it could have cost us $300 if our son was not eligible under CSPA. He went off to do the calculation while the lady continued to process our paperwork. She took everybody's fingerprints as she was processing each person with the exception of our son.

By the time she had finished processing four of us, the CSPA calculation had been completed and she began processing our son's paperwork and fingerprints. It was 8:50 am when all the paperwork processing was completed and we were instructed to go back and sit in the IV section in the waiting area to be called for the interview.

At around 9:45am, we were called to a different booth and the CO asked us to take an oath and then asked us some questions. My wife was asked about the relationship to the petitioner. We were asked about where we had lived and how long we had been married. He asked both my sons whether they were or had ever been married. After reviewing the paperwork, he explained what documents we needed to provide and returned our passports to us, to be returned when we have the documents to have the visas issued. We were out of the embassy two and a half hours after we had arrived.

Overall, it was a relatively painless process. The biggest relief was getting the CSPA issue out of the way. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have and I'll try and provide some tips in another post if I remember.

EOT

Edited by EdgeOfTomorrow

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I checked in net .. Consulate is working on Saturday

RDT .i think u have to call nvc to check your interview date again.and at which embassy your interview ?

I checked in net .. Consulate is working on Saturday

RDT .i think u have to call nvc to check your interview date again.and at which embassy your interview ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.