2,417 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Yes, that is exactly what you need to do. Once you have your IL email, check it to see if your son is on there. If not, call your embassy/consulate and tell them the situation. Your son should be going for the interview at the same time as the rest of your family and they should be able to process the CSPA there. I'll update later once we have spoken to the consulate.

Friend, Thanks once again!

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

When I see the happiness of the people who got Il I must think that usa is a heaven on earth.I have a sugestion that every one must enjoy your time in your present country before leave for the USA.life is struggle than we expects. So we must work hard to make our future smooth there in the USA. We have freedom there but we don't have time to enjoy that freedom .so enjoy your freedom before reach there in USA. Cheers and best wishes to have all of you nice and speedy settlement

Edited by jtv

PD 25 feb

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have received interview letter email today,

Thank God,☺

Now starting for medical appointment.

Congratulations.

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Timeline

Medicals booked for the 12th of September. I am very frustrated and disappointed with the way NVC have handled our application in relation to my son who turned 21 last year. We spoke several times with NVC over the course of this year to ensure that everything was ok with regard to our son's CSPA review. All they would say is that his CSPA review would be done when a visa became available.

Now that a visa has become available, we have discovered that our son is no longer on our application because he turned 21. Furthermore, we now have to instigate the CSPA review with the consulate ourselves. I have emailed the Montreal embassy because they don't accept phone calls and their automated response says that the review process (not CSPA review) will take up to 10 weeks, however, they will try to respond to our email in 5 business days.

So it seems like my son will not be going to the interview with us even though NVC have advised us to take him with us. We are going to get his medical done and will hand over the paperwork and his medical to the case officer. Unless the consulate tells us to bring our son, he will not be going. We have tried to be proactive and not reactive, however, NVC have let us down with regard to the information they have provided.

From my experience, one thing is crystal clear to me, the NVC agents are unable to provide consistent, clear and accurate innformation. Some of the agents are just lazy and will give you the minimum amount of information. Some will give you information that is just simply incorrect, whereas some will actually go away and try and find out the information for you. In essence, take what they say with a grain of salt, because to me, it appears that they themselves do not even know what the correct process is.

Edited by EdgeOfTomorrow

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Medicals booked for the 12th of September. I am very frustrated and disappointed with the way NVC have handled our application in relation to my son who turned 21 last year. We spoke several times with NVC over the course of this year to ensure that everything was ok with regard to our son's CSPA review. All they would say is that his CSPA review would be done when a visa became available.

Now that a visa has become available, we have discovered that our son is no longer on our application because he turned 21. Furthermore, we now have to instigate the CSPA review with the consulate ourselves. I have emailed the Montreal embassy because they don't accept phone calls and their automated response says that the review process (not CSPA review) will take up to 10 weeks, however, they will try to respond to our email in 5 business days.

So it seems like my son will not be going to the interview with us even though NVC have advised us to take him with us. We are going to get his medical done and will hand over the paperwork and his medical to the case officer. Unless the consulate tells us to bring our son, he will not be going. We have tried to be proactive and not reactive, however, NVC have let us down with regard to the information they have provided.

From my experience, one thing is crystal clear to me, the NVC agents are unable to provide consistent, clear and accurate instructions. Some of the agents are just lazy and will give you the minimum amount of information. Some will give you information that is just simply incorrect, whereas some will actually go away and try and find out the information for you. In essence, take what they say with a grain of salt because to me, it appears that they themselves do not even know what the correct process is.

Hi EOT,

I am the CSPA child of my family's case and I specifically know how to deal with this step. Let's have a look at the CSPA procedures in my country (Vietnam) as below:

There are 2 options for a CSPA case to be reviewed. Both of them require the visas for your case to be available at the time of CSPA review:

+AT NVC:

_Pros: @You can immediately & directly work on the CSPA review right at the moment NVC tells you your interview date & time.

@You can proceed with the visa fee & DS-260 for your CSPA child and the CSPA age of the child should be "locked" right away.

@After finishing the CSPA review, the interview letter will include all of the family members and they can have medical check at the same time.

_Cons: @NVC may delay your case completion to review the CSPA, so you may receive the Interview Letter 1 or 2 or even 3 months later than the cases with same PD.

+AT US EMBASSY/ CONSULATE:

_Pros: @The process doesn't delay your case completion. You just have to wait 2 weeks before the interview date (when the status on ceac website shows "READY") then you can send an inquiry to the US embassy/ consulate to ask for a CSPA review. They will make an appointment with you to review CSPA in 2 or 3 days after the date of sending the inquiry. Go ahead with paying visa fee on the appointment date, medical check, filling DS-260 & just join the interview date with the whole family.

_Cons: @You have to wait until 2 weeks (or 10 days) before the interview date (when your immigration package will be transferred to the US Consulate or ceac status shows "READY").

@With "AT NVC" method, you can lock your child's CSPA age sooner than this one. This fact is very helpful for children who will turn 21 of CSPA age near the interview date.

@The initial interview letter won't include the CSPA child, so he/she has to wait after the review to have his/her name on the new interview letter.

I hope the above information will be useful for members with CSPA cases.

Cheers!!!

Timeline

Hi EOT,

I am the CSPA child of my family's case and I specifically know how to deal with this step. Let's have a look at the CSPA procedures in my country (Vietnam) as below:

There are 2 options for a CSPA case to be reviewed. Both of them require the visas for your case to be available at the time of CSPA review:

+AT NVC:

_Pros: @You can immediately & directly work on the CSPA review right at the moment NVC tells you your interview date & time.

@You can proceed with the visa fee & DS-260 for your CSPA child and the CSPA age of the child should be "locked" right away.

@After finishing the CSPA review, the interview letter will include all of the family members and they can have medical check at the same time.

_Cons: @NVC may delay your case completion to review the CSPA, so you may receive the Interview Letter 1 or 2 or even 3 months later than the cases with same PD.

+AT US EMBASSY/ CONSULATE:

_Pros: @The process doesn't delay your case completion. You just have to wait 2 weeks before the interview date (when the status on ceac website shows "READY") then you can send an inquiry to the US embassy/ consulate to ask for a CSPA review. They will make an appointment with you to review CSPA in 2 or 3 days after the date of sending the inquiry. Go ahead with paying visa fee on the appointment date, medical check, filling DS-260 & just join the interview date with the whole family.

_Cons: @You have to wait until 2 weeks (or 10 days) before the interview date (when your immigration package will be transferred to the US Consulate or ceac status shows "READY").

@With "AT NVC" method, you can lock your child's CSPA age sooner than this one. This fact is very helpful for children who will turn 21 of CSPA age near the interview date.

@The initial interview letter won't include the CSPA child, so he/she has to wait after the review to have his/her name on the new interview letter.

I hope the above information will be useful for members with CSPA cases.

Cheers!!!

Thanks. That is good to know. I'll email the consulate again in a couple of weeks if I haven't heard anything by then. We had completed my son's DS-260 and paid the fees last September before he had turned 21, so there is no paperwork for us to complete in that respect.

Edited by EdgeOfTomorrow

Filed: Timeline

From my experience, one thing is crystal clear to me, the NVC agents are unable to provide consistent, clear and accurate innformation. Some of the agents are just lazy and will give you the minimum amount of information. Some will give you information that is just simply incorrect, whereas some will actually go away and try and find out the information for you. In essence, take what they say with a grain of salt, because to me, it appears that they themselves do not even know what the correct process is.

Hello Friend,

Received Interview Appointment Letter; my son's name is included, Thank God!

Timeline

Hello Friend,

Received Interview Appointment Letter; my son's name is included, Thank God!

Congratulations. Glad to hear that all is ok. We got an email back from NVC after using the public inquiry form that pretty much said "don't contact us, contact the embassy/consulate".

What really winds me up about this is the fact that NVC provided NO communication whatsoever in terms of my son's application and no instructions. Instead they just removed him altogether. If I don't hear from the consulate next week, I'll be emailing them every week until about the week before the interview and then I'll email daily.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have received interview letter email today,

Thank God,☺

Now starting for medical appointment.

Hey MQL, finally!! Congrats brother!! So happy for you! By the way - i am in US since july 12th and we received Green Cards - exactly 45 days after arrival.

Good Luck my Friend!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey MQL, finally!! Congrats brother!! So happy for you! By the way - i am in US since july 12th and we received Green Cards - exactly 45 days after arrival.

Good Luck my Friend!

Hi stanko,

Congrats,so happy for you,i am welcome to you,you are come back on the forum brother.pray for us ,God will success all of us,

Thanks for wishing.

Good luck and enjoy your new life???☺?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.