kenriquez

POVERTY GUIDELINES-COMBINING INCOME W/ FIANCE

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since my annual income does not meet the poverty guidelines. Can my fiance send me her money so I can put it in my bank so I can use it as my assets? Are they going to question that when they see my bank statement? THANK YOU!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since my annual income does not meet the poverty guidelines. Can my fiance send me her money so I can put it in my bank so I can use it as my assets? Are they going to question that when they see my bank statement? THANK YOU!

No you can not combine the income of the beneficiary with yours. Not how it works, your income must meet the requirements. Besides USEM doesn't give much consideration to assets, they want to see income that meets the 125% guidelines.

You could try using a co-sponsor, but that is even "iffy" with USEM.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Assets, even if they consider them, have to be YOUR assets. They have mechanisms in place to detect things like a sudden $100,000 boost in your bank account that is not your money.

It does not take all that much to get yourself at the required 125% mark. $19k and change will do it.

I'm not sure if my fiancé will be able to meet this requirement but I have property in the UK which gets us over $1,300 per month in rent. Is there any way that we can include that seeing as I don't need to work to be able to pay for myself to live in the US? This would solve a lot of problems for us...

The reason I ask is that there is a question in the Affidavit of Support saying "Would you like to include any assets belonging to the beneficiary (uncommon)".

If the question is there then surely it must be possible?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You can include it, but they may not accept it. Still, it can;t hurt.....

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm not sure if my fiancé will be able to meet this requirement but I have property in the UK which gets us over $1,300 per month in rent. Is there any way that we can include that seeing as I don't need to work to be able to pay for myself to live in the US? This would solve a lot of problems for us...

The reason I ask is that there is a question in the Affidavit of Support saying "Would you like to include any assets belonging to the beneficiary (uncommon)".

I have never seen such a question on the I-134. Where exactly is this question about using assets of the beneficiary?

London is one of the exceptions for allowing someone to self-sponsor. It can be possible for London, but not for other consulates. You should check in the UK regional forum for more info about that,

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

At the moment we are using a visa service to help us with everything (although they have been pretty much useless) and they get you to fill in the forms on their website. There is one page that has this at the bottom

post-191845-0-13165700-1409687409_thumb.png

Filed: Timeline

At the moment we are using a visa service to help us with everything (although they have been pretty much useless) and they get you to fill in the forms on their website. There is one page that has this at the bottom

Fire them. All the information/help you need is on VJ. Anything else is most likely a waste of both time and money.

Yes, you can self-sponsor and/or use your (the beneficiary's) assets when going via London. For the interview, my petitioner sent over to me a completed and original I-134 (his assets only), a letter from his bank and copy of his tax return. I also supplied a copy of a bank statement showing how much I had in the bank. I believe they just need to be confident that you will survive the adjustment of conditions period. However, it's difficult to give an actual amount that will guarantee 100% approval. That said, London is considered low fraud and is one of the easiest embassies to go through. I don't remember reading many outright denials, usually anyone who doesn't get approved at the interview is asked to supply additional information. Once that information has been received and processed, the visa issuance occurs pretty soon after that.

For your particular situation, I suspect that whatever supporting evidence your fiance can provide plus a copy of your rental agreement and bank statements showing the deposits should be sufficient documentation. Note that the I-134 is not a strict requirement for London, but it's advisable to bring an original copy (wet signature from your fiance), in case they do ask for it - it's easier for them to judge your financial situation at a glance than having to wade through all the supporting documentation without one.

Once you hit the embassy stage, head over to the UK forum for specific questions regarding the medical and interview.

Cheers Landr.

Yeah I realise now that they are completely useless and I should have just gone straight here for any info. I just didn't know this existed at the time and I was so excited when we decided to get married that I went and paid for the visa service! Big mistake.

Ah well, we're almost there now!!

Thanks for all the info xxx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I see. Those are just questions from the service. This is the actual I-134 affidavit of support > http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I couldn't find a self-sponsoring information on London consulate website, but there's useful information on Tokyo's.

but I'm not sure if the criteria of London's is same as Tokyo's. I hope it helps you.

http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-niv-kaffidavit.html

K1 Journey (08/24/2011 ~ 01/20/2012 = 150 days)

08/24/2011 -- K1 petition sent out

08/30/2011 -- NOA1 (e-notice)

11/02/2011 -- NOA2 (e-notice)

11/21/2011 -- NVC left (letter)

11/21/2011 -- Requested provisional case number

11/26/2011 -- Packet3 received w/provisional case#

11/30/2011 -- Packet3 sent back

12/13/2011 -- Interview appointment (email)

01/11/2012 -- Medical examination

01/17/2012 -- Interview @ Tokyo Embassy

01/20/2012 -- Visa received

AOS Journey (04/27/2012 ~ 10/19/2012 = 176 days)

04/27/2012 -- AOS, EAD, AP petition sent out

05/07/2012 -- NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP (e-notice)

06/05/2012 -- Biometrics

07/03/2012 -- NOA2 for AP (e-notice)

07/10/2012 -- NOA2 for EAD (e-notice)

07/14/2012 -- EAD/AP combo card received

08/15/2012 -- Interview scheduled (e-notice)

09/17/2012 -- Interview @ Los Angeles (no decision due to loss of my medical report)

10/11/2012 -- Card production (e-notice)

10/19/2012 -- GC received

ROC Journey (07/21/2014 ~ 11/04/2014 = 113 days)

07/21/2014 -- ROC petition sent out (California Service Center)

07/25/2014 -- NOA1 (letter)

08/20/2014 -- Biometrics

11/04/2014 -- Card production (e-notice)

11/10/2014 -- GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.