James and Cynthia

ICE Let's Illegal Stay After Killing Two Kids

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Deportation-case-dismissed-against-woman-who-ran-over-Forest-Grove-girls-271845841.html

Last year this girl ran over two kids in my home town while they were playing in leaves outside their house. Her and her boyfriend drove off and tried to hide the evidence. Both kids died. After being held by ICE for most of this year, a judge has decided to let her stay even though she is an illegal.

This just burns me up. After all of the work people do here on VJ to come her legally, and after so many good people have been denied, our government continues to let illegals stay, even if they are felons.

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

This just burns me up. After all of the work people do here on VJ to come her legally, and after so many good people have been denied, our government continues to let illegals stay, even if they are felons.

what are the details as to why the case was dismissed?

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Deportation-case-dismissed-against-woman-who-ran-over-Forest-Grove-girls-271845841.html

Last year this girl ran over two kids in my home town while they were playing in leaves outside their house. Her and her boyfriend drove off and tried to hide the evidence. Both kids died. After being held by ICE for most of this year, a judge has decided to let her stay even though she is an illegal.

While the deaths of these two girls is very sad, it does appear that it was a terrible accident. The 19 year old woman who hit the girls was brought to the US at the age of 4 and is not considered to be here illegally, she falls under the DACA ruling. She was found guilty of felony hit and run and was sentenced.

Garcia-Cisneros was brought to the U.S. from Mexico as a 4-year-old. She has temporary permission to be in the country legally under the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, meaning she has a work permit, a driver's license and a Social Security number.

Earlier this year, Garcia-Cisneros was sentenced to three years' probation and 250 hours of community service. A jury found her guilty of two counts of felony hit-and-run.

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/news/world/us-deportation-case-dropped-against-19-year-old-who-accidentally-killed-2-girls-in-leaf-pile-1.1319224

Edited by Teddy B

If we're going to discuss ICE releasing criminals, let's look at these numbers:

NEW YORK - The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) released 36,007 convicted criminal aliens last year who were awaiting the outcome of deportation proceedings, according to a report issued Monday by the Center for Immigration Studies.

The group of released criminals includes those convicted of homicide, sexual assault, kidnapping and aggravated assault, according to the report, which cites a document prepared by the ICE.

A majority of the releases were not required by law and were discretionary, the organization says.

According to the report, the 36,007 individuals released represented nearly 88,000 convictions, including:

• 193 homicide convictions
  • 426 sexual assault convictions
  • 303 kidnapping convictions
  • 1,075 aggravated assault convictions
  • 1,160 stolen vehicle convictions
  • 9,187 dangerous drug convictions
  • 16,070 drunk or drugged driving convictions
  • 303 flight escape convictions

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-36k-criminals-freed-while-awaiting-deportation/

While the deaths of these two girls is very sad, it does appear that it was a terrible accident. The 19 year old woman who hit the girls was brought to the US at the age of 4 and is not considered to be here illegally, she falls under the DACA ruling. She was found guilty of felony hit and run and was sentenced.

accident or not, if you kill someone and then try to hide it, you are in trouble.

And while talking about immigration. I took a friend of my wifes to USCIS, yesterday. She is a nice woman, but she left her husband shortly after coming her, and moved to Ga. I don't know all the details for sure, but she got a divorce and claimed she could not find the Ex to sign

She is applying for her ROC and it seems to be flying right thru the system, #######. I thought if you came here and immeditally left your spouse, they would not give you the 10 year card. ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

And while talking about immigration. I took a friend of my wife's to USCIS, yesterday. She is a nice woman, but she left her husband shortly after coming her, and moved to Ga. I don't know all the details for sure, but she got a divorce and claimed she could not find the Ex to sign

She is applying for her ROC and it seems to be flying right through the system, #######. I thought if you came here and immediately left your spouse, they would not give you the 10 year card. ?

As long as she has some documents from the original marriage then usually not an issue.

The US is a nation of laws.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

According to DACA renewal rules,

http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-process/renew-your-daca

Who Can Renew

You may request a renewal if you met the initial DACA guidelines and you:

• Did not depart the United States on or after Aug. 15, 2012, without advance parole;
  • Have continuously resided in the United States since you submitted your most recent DACA request that was approved; and
  • Have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

This woman should not be qualified for DACA anymore, right?

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

If we're going to discuss ICE releasing criminals, let's look at these numbers:

NEW YORK - The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) released 36,007 convicted criminal aliens last year who were awaiting the outcome of deportation proceedings, according to a report issued Monday by the Center for Immigration Studies.

The group of released criminals includes those convicted of homicide, sexual assault, kidnapping and aggravated assault, according to the report, which cites a document prepared by the ICE.

A majority of the releases were not required by law and were discretionary, the organization says.

According to the report, the 36,007 individuals released represented nearly 88,000 convictions, including:

• 193 homicide convictions
  • 426 sexual assault convictions
  • 303 kidnapping convictions
  • 1,075 aggravated assault convictions
  • 1,160 stolen vehicle convictions
  • 9,187 dangerous drug convictions
  • 16,070 drunk or drugged driving convictions
  • 303 flight escape convictions

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-36k-criminals-freed-while-awaiting-deportation/

PantomimeGander and I are now discussing the merits of including this illuminating article in our RFE packet, or simply waiting until we get an interview for being suspicious-types and reading it aloud in the lobby of our local USCIS office.

According to DACA renewal rules,

http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-process/renew-your-daca

Who Can Renew

You may request a renewal if you met the initial DACA guidelines and you:

• Did not depart the United States on or after Aug. 15, 2012, without advance parole;
  • Have continuously resided in the United States since you submitted your most recent DACA request that was approved; and
  • Have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

This woman should not be qualified for DACA anymore, right?

Is she immediately disqualified because of the felony, or is she ineligible for renewal?

accident or not, if you kill someone and then try to hide it, you are in trouble.

I think she should have gotten jail time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Innocent people are dying so that the Kenyan can get more registered Democrat voters down the road. And people think republicans are cold-hearted b@stards.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Is she immediately disqualified because of the felony, or is she ineligible for renewal?

I have no idea if she is immediately disqualified. But she probably ineligible for renewal if the USCIS DACA renewal rules apply to her. Maybe her lawyer will do miracles :hehe:

According to this news:

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local/2014/08/19/garcia-cisneros-not-deported-after-forest-grove-crash/14303279/

A Washington County corrections spokesman said Garcia-Cisneros reported to a probation officer in Oregon on Monday. She still faces probation until January 2017 in the hit-and-run case.

Renison said the DACA program offers temporary relief for Garcia-Cisneros, but if she loses that protected status then ICE could once again try to deport her. The program gives relief for two years, although it can be renewed.

ICE spokesman Andrew Munoz said he could not speculate if his agency would again initiate deportation proceedings if Garcia-Cisneros lost her protected status.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From what I've heard, the judge who dismissed her deportation case has refused to comment on the reasons. ICE states that it is private information and they cannot discuss the reasons.

When this happened last year, the entire town was heart broken for the kids and family. The dad was playing with his kids in the leaves and stepped inside the house to get a camera. While he was in the house, he heard the truck roar by and then came out to find both of his kids had been run over while buried in the leaves.

The young Cinthya purposely swerved to drive through the pile of leaves, not knowing the kids where in the pile playing. Even after hitting the kids, her and her boyfriend drove off. The news of the incident immediately spread through the town like wild fire. Later that night, while the entire town was looking for who hit the kids, a neighbor heard Cinthya crying outside. They also heard her and her boyfriend talking about how they needed to clean up the blood on the vehicle. Even after knowing they hit the two kids, and that they had died, they still didn't turn themselves in.

This felon should not have been allowed to stay in the states.

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

I have no idea if she is immediately disqualified. But she probably ineligible for renewal if the USCIS DACA renewal rules apply to her. Maybe her lawyer will do miracles :hehe:

According to this news:

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local/2014/08/19/garcia-cisneros-not-deported-after-forest-grove-crash/14303279/

A Washington County corrections spokesman said Garcia-Cisneros reported to a probation officer in Oregon on Monday. She still faces probation until January 2017 in the hit-and-run case.

Renison said the DACA program offers temporary relief for Garcia-Cisneros, but if she loses that protected status then ICE could once again try to deport her. The program gives relief for two years, although it can be renewed.

ICE spokesman Andrew Munoz said he could not speculate if his agency would again initiate deportation proceedings if Garcia-Cisneros lost her protected status.

It appears by what you posted that she is still protected by DACA, which is probably why the immigration judge dismissed the deportation case.

From what I've heard, the judge who dismissed her deportation case has refused to comment on the reasons. ICE states that it is private information and they cannot discuss the reasons.

When this happened last year, the entire town was heart broken for the kids and family. The dad was playing with his kids in the leaves and stepped inside the house to get a camera. While he was in the house, he heard the truck roar by and then came out to find both of his kids had been run over while buried in the leaves.

The young Cinthya purposely swerved to drive through the pile of leaves, not knowing the kids where in the pile playing. Even after hitting the kids, her and her boyfriend drove off. The news of the incident immediately spread through the town like wild fire. Later that night, while the entire town was looking for who hit the kids, a neighbor heard Cinthya crying outside. They also heard her and her boyfriend talking about how they needed to clean up the blood on the vehicle. Even after knowing they hit the two kids, and that they had died, they still didn't turn themselves in.

This felon should not have been allowed to stay in the states.

The judge dismissed her case because she is not here illegally and she is protected by DACA. As much as that might suck, it's still the law.

The bolded part makes this a terrible accident, but the actions they took afterwards trying to cover it up is worthy of jail time, or deportation if she was eligible for it, imo. Was the pile of leaves in the road, or did the woman drive up in a yard or onto a sidewalk?