Trumplestiltskin

A pregnant, suicidal rape victim fought Ireland's new abortion law. The law won

148 posts in this topic

No slavery here. See, accepting that you might get hurt in a car wreck is accepting the risks of driving. Accepting you might get pregnant or get an std from sex is accepting the risks of sex.

Someone telling you that you're not allowed to ameliorate your situation by means available to you (by say, putting a cast on a broken leg, or getting an abortion if you can't raise a child) is punishment, designed to demean you as a human and make you feel like you are a bad person who should suffer for participating in a normal activity.

I would say that an abortion can be a very responsible decision, compared to raising a child a mother may hate or may be incapable of caring for or putting them into the system where they may very well be neglected or abused.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

She is the key part but not the only part. She should never be able trump any situation that arises.

Well yes but morality played into it too. Hard to turn the other cheek when you have late term baby in front of you. So would you support late term abortions that had no extreme issue tied to it? Lets say she changed her mind and didn't want to take on the responsibility.

I think most people recognise that late term abortion of a healthy (viable) baby would be wrong.

Again. Taking responsibility is a broader concept than you are prepared to recognise.

You seem to want the government to force women to be responsible by imposing a single choice upon them. A single choice is no choice.

For what it's worth, making abortion available and destigmatizing it drastically lowers the rate of infanticide and late-term abortion. My master's thesis was on infanticide in the ancient world. Partial-birth abortion, accidental smothering, and negligent wet nurses were more-or-less legal and common ways of family planning until just before the industrial revolution.

I think most people recognise that late term abortion of a healthy (viable) baby would be wrong.

Again. Taking responsibility is a broader concept than you are prepared to recognise.

You seem to want the government to force women to be responsible by imposing a single choice upon them. A single choice is no choice.

You couldn't answer it could you, why?

Responsibility is a topic within itself that we haven't got into detail about.

Pregnant ladies are emotional and can't think for themselves!

Whoremoans!!

Good thing we have men around to tell us how to think. Phew!

Darn tootin missy!

For what it's worth, making abortion available and destigmatizing it drastically lowers the rate of infanticide and late-term abortion. My master's thesis was on infanticide in the ancient world. Partial-birth abortion, accidental smothering, and negligent wet nurses were more-or-less legal and common ways of family planning until just before the industrial revolution.

That would be an interesting read.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You couldn't answer it could you, why?

Responsibility is a topic within itself that we haven't got into detail about.

If you read what I wrote the answer is clearly there. But since it isn't clear enough:

No I don't support it outside of reasons of medical emergency. Abortion is restricted to a certain time window for a reason.

If you read what I wrote the answer is clearly there. But since it isn't clear enough:

No I don't support it outside of reasons of medical emergency. Abortion is restricted to a certain time window for a reason.

Well I got to the nitty gritty with some one here an she thinks it should always be the woman's choice regardless.

Besides you said it was It's a "heinous idea" to force a woman to have a baby. I argued that there are exceptions to the rule and you start characterizing it as a form of slavery. Maybe you would like to explain when we cross the line into slavery? When does it become "wrong"?

Pretty sure it's the "force" part.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If someone doesn't want a kid, why in the world would you force them to have one? That's a situation where everyone loses.

If its a religious thing, fear not, the unborn will go to magical fairy land and be spared the cr@p fest we have to deal with everyday.

That would be it.

Wait what about the situation we were talking about? You beating around bush and your logic doesn't hold up.

Pretty sure it's the "force" part.

Go back and read before you comment please.

If its a religious thing, fear not, the unborn will go to magical fairy land and be spared the cr@p fest we have to deal with everyday.

not to be picky, but in catholicism wouldn't the dead babies go to baby purgatory first?