Trumplestiltskin

A pregnant, suicidal rape victim fought Ireland's new abortion law. The law won

148 posts in this topic

When you say something worth pondering that I don't like, I call it a weak argument. Cool, huh?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The government forces people not to do many things.

like what?

I'm still trying to figure out what that means. "Forces people not to do"

When you say something worth pondering that I don't like, I call it a weak argument. Cool, huh?

The internet is awesome!

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

They're forcing them to have kids they don't want and can't afford.

Or we could say there forcing them to be responsible for their mistake and not make the baby pay the price.

Taking responsibility seems to be lost on pro-choice people.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It is and that is because of the morality of this issue needs to be considered. Tying slavery into this is a weak argument.

The morality of the issue is being considered, the problem is that you don't like the conclusion, unless it's the one that you agree with.

I said a 'form of slavery', not slavery as in selling women in the marketplace. Forcing women to undergo unwanted medical procedures just so they can have children they don't want to be wards of the state is a monstrous idea. Slavery is exactly what it is.

I bet you haven't considered the morality of that.

Timeline

Or we could say there forcing them to be responsible for their mistake and not make the baby pay the price.

Some people are incapable of taking responsibility. No point in putting a kid through 18 years of that hell.

I'm still trying to figure out what that means. "Forces people not to do"

The internet is awesome!

Not to steal, not to kill, the list goes on and on. I don't consider abortion killing so no need to go there. How dare they force us not to steal. You can't steal from yourself it when and only when another comes into the equation that it is considered stealing. We have laws to protect all members of our society, we have dropped the ball to some degree on the current issue.

Timeline

In other words you want the government to impose your version of what is moral on American women.

like what?

Defecate or masturbate in public?

Timeline

Not to steal, not to kill, the list goes on and on. I don't consider abortion killing so no need to go there. How dare they force us not to steal. You can't steal from yourself it when and only when another comes into the equation that it is considered stealing. We have laws to protect all members of our society, we have dropped the ball to some degree on the current issue.

OK gotya now. That sentence you posted was kinda twisted. I was honestly trying to figure out the intent of it.

Some people are incapable of taking responsibility. No point in putting a kid through 18 years of that hell.

How do you honesty know that child's life will be a living hell? Many people came into this world under undesirable circumstances who have had great lives.

maybe revisit the definition of 'force'

Timeline

Having an abortion can be 'taking responsibility'. It's equal to having the baby. One is no more or less responsible than the other, they are both valid choices.

I thought this list only went to 10, not on and on.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

How do you honesty know that child's life will be a living hell? Many people came into this world under undesirable circumstances who have had great lives.

The fact that the mother doesn't want the child in the first place, is usually a good indicator what kind of future the child will have. That's just a guess on my part though.