Texasav8r

If You Have Been Transferred...Please Post Here (K-1)

2,233 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi everyone. I have a question. Can my fiance go ahead and the medical exam now that we have a case number and that the US embassy should have our file by now? Do we have to wait for them to send us something? I went on the us embassy website for info. it did not say anything about having to wait for the embassy to contact my fiance or to wait for packet 3. ( On the day of your appointment with the physician, bring your passport as proof of identity and any vaccination records that you have available.) and then my fiance will get a sealed envelope to bring to the interview. So should I wait to do the medical exam?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone. I have a question. Can my fiance go ahead and the medical exam now that we have a case number and that the US embassy should have our file by now? Do we have to wait for them to send us something? I went on the us embassy website for info. it did not say anything about having to wait for the embassy to contact my fiance or to wait for packet 3. ( On the day of your appointment with the physician, bring your passport as proof of identity and any vaccination records that you have available.) and then my fiance will get a sealed envelope to bring to the interview. So should I wait to do the medical exam?

If that's all they require you to bring to the medical appointment (passport and vaccination records) I would say you should go ahead and take care of that now. He may also need to bring a couple of passport photos, but he may want to call ahead just to be sure. Just keep in mind that the medical is valid for 6 months and has to be valid by the time he enters the US. I'm sure he'll enter the US before it expires but just keep that in mind.

USCIS Stage

Marriage: 3/7/15

I-130 Sent: 5/29/15

NOA1: 6/2/15

NOA2 (approval): 12/01/15

NVC Stage (CR1)

NVC Received Case: 12/30/15

DS-261 Submitted: 1/11/16

Paid AOS fee: 1/13/16

Paid IV fee: 1/22/16

AOS & IV Package sent: 2/3/16

NVC Scan Date: 2/5/16

Case Complete: 3/8/16

NVC email w/Interview Letter: 3/10/16

Interview Date: 4/21/16

Interview Result: Approved!!

I-751: Removing of Conditions

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Converting out of state driver's license (MA)

http://www.massrmv.com/rmv/license/9oos.htm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

If that's all they require you to bring to the medical appointment (passport and vaccination records) I would say you should go ahead and take care of that now. He may also need to bring a couple of passport photos, but he may want to call ahead just to be sure. Just keep in mind that the medical is valid for 6 months and has to be valid by the time he enters the US. I'm sure he'll enter the US before it expires but just keep that in mind.

Thank you. I will have him do it sometimes next week and also bring passport pics just in case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

:sleepy: feeling sleepy. waiting to speak with somone

I always find it easy to get through at 7 am . i have to stay on hold like 20 or 30 minutes. I did hear that late at night like 10 or 11 you can get through as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

the one true diamond I called at 900 pm, called twelve times in a row then got through. from start to finish it was a 50 minute process. I called last Friday and found out my papers arrived that very day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Not ONE poster remembers my prediction of less than 2 weeks ago, that this was going to happen.,.,.I told you I had a solid source in USCIS,.,.,and my prediction seems to be coming true.,.,,where you are transferred, not sure, it would be a guess.,.,.,but I think I know.

Moderators can confirm this prediction.,.,.,.,

My source at USCIS remains "solid!"

I just saw this post from you saying that you had a solid source at uscis and you knew that there would be some transfers back in August... So I was wondering since CSC is processing October petitons at the moment if it could be possible that there will be another big wave of transfers soon ??? I am a late august/September filer and I pray for transfers to speed things up. Is there a chance to get some insider info again ?? That would be so great :)

Thank you for any help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.