jxn

Just updated address—status reverted to Initial Review from Interview Scheduling

11 posts in this topic

As of today we are seven months past our priority date.

We just updated our address and my wife's case was awaiting green card interview scheduling for the past six months. Today I was notified that my address had been updated in the system and we appear to be back to the Initial Review stage. Have we lost our spot in line, so to say, or is this just a temporary (how long?) delay?

Thanks!

Did you move to a different state?

April 19, 2014 - Wedding Date =)

AOS JOURNEY:

Date filed: May 5, 2014

NOA 1 texts: June 8, 2014

NOA Date: June 11, 2014

Bio (walk in) Appt: June 17, 2014

Did you move to a different state?

We moved from one house in Washington, DC to an apartment a few blocks away.

Originally, we ended up putting my parents' Connecticut address as the mailing address, since we didn't want to take any chances with missing mail during the move that we were about to go through, and USCIS must have filed our physical address as Connecticut incorrectly.

So we updated absolutely everything to our current DC address. Our lawyer said that either way it will work out fine, since if we get the Washington, DC field office for the green card interview then we will maintain our early January 2014 priority date (and our local field office is already working on February 2014), and if we mistakenly get the Connecticut office we can still go (since we're just applying for a green card now and not naturalization, the jurisdiction doesn't matter if it was scheduled in the wrong place due to USCIS error). Connecticut's field office will arrive to our early January priority date in about a week or two.

Either way, I don't imagine it's more than two weeks of waiting, but the wording and the fact that our I-130 and I-485 are on "Initial review" now that we just updated our address makes me worry that they were pulled back from "Interview scheduling." Does anyone have further insight on this?

Edited by jxn

No you're not moved out of line, the USCIS frequently does this to their online status check when you change your address. If you're super concerned you can call the USCIS and speak to a tier 2 to double check. But in my opinion, no worries!

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based main forum to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas Progress Reports sub-forum - topic is case status, adjusting from J1 ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

The exact same thing happened to me last week and I was scared, but it went back to "Testing and Interview" again like 5 days later.

I think that's what happens when you change the address, or the system is a little messed up.

AOS from F-1 (OPT)

05/30/2014 - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131)

06/02/2014 - Package accepted at USCIS

06/08/2014 - Text and e-mail notifications received

06/11/2014 - Notice of Action received in mail

06/17/2014 - Biometrics notice received in mail for 7/2

07/02/2014 - Biometrics completed

07/24/2014 - Status changed to "Testing and Interview"

08/12/2014 - I-765 status changed to "Card/Document in Production" and I-131 status to "Post Decision Activity"

08/18/2014 - EAD card mailed

08/19/2014 - The mail got flagged as "undeliverable" and sent back to USCIS

08/25/2014 - Notification for the interview date on 09/25/2014

09/05/2014 - Notification for EAD card being re-mailed

09/08/2014 - EAD finally delivered!

09/25/2014 - Interview at the Memphis Office - Approved!

09/29/2014 - Welcome Letter delivered

10/02/2014 - Green Card delivered!!!

ROC

09/14/2016 - Package sent to California Service Center (I-751)

09/15/2016 - Package accepted at USCIS

09/15/2016 - Notice of Action date

09/19/2016 - Check cashed

09/20/2016 - Notice of Action received in mail

09/30/2016 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/12/2016 - Biometrics appointment date

09/05/2017 - Infopass Appointment for I-551 Stamp (valid until 03/04/2018)

02/09/2018 - Notification of Document Production!

02/16/2018 - Green Card delivered!!!

02/22/2018 - Acceptance Letter delivered

• 4 weeks later...

The exact same thing happened to me last week and I was scared, but it went back to "Testing and Interview" again like 5 days later.

I think that's what happens when you change the address, or the system is a little messed up.

It's been about a month now since our change of address was registered (and eight months since our priority date). My lawyer has said that he doesn't expect that stage to change until it updates again, which would be the green card interview schedule notice saying that the letter has been sent with an interview location, date, and time. Hoping that happens soon!

• 3 weeks later...

How long did it take for your interview to be scheduled after that?

We changed our address in early August and our case immediately went back to "Initial Review" and today we jumped back forward to "Testing and Interview," a month and a half later.

The funny thing is before our address change we had been in Testing and Interview since February. So I'm not sure if we just got sent to the back of the line and added to the very end of the scheduling queue, or if the system is quirky and we're about to be scheduled for our interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

How long did it take for your interview to be scheduled after that?

We changed our address in early August and our case immediately went back to "Initial Review" and today we jumped back forward to "Testing and Interview," a month and a half later.

The funny thing is before our address change we had been in Testing and Interview since February. So I'm not sure if we just got sent to the back of the line and added to the very end of the scheduling queue, or if the system is quirky and we're about to be scheduled for our interview.

It was a little less than a month to get the notification for the interview.

I hope yours will go smoothly!

AOS from F-1 (OPT)

05/30/2014 - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131)

06/02/2014 - Package accepted at USCIS

06/08/2014 - Text and e-mail notifications received

06/11/2014 - Notice of Action received in mail

06/17/2014 - Biometrics notice received in mail for 7/2

07/02/2014 - Biometrics completed

07/24/2014 - Status changed to "Testing and Interview"

08/12/2014 - I-765 status changed to "Card/Document in Production" and I-131 status to "Post Decision Activity"

08/18/2014 - EAD card mailed

08/19/2014 - The mail got flagged as "undeliverable" and sent back to USCIS

08/25/2014 - Notification for the interview date on 09/25/2014

09/05/2014 - Notification for EAD card being re-mailed

09/08/2014 - EAD finally delivered!

09/25/2014 - Interview at the Memphis Office - Approved!

09/29/2014 - Welcome Letter delivered

10/02/2014 - Green Card delivered!!!

ROC

09/14/2016 - Package sent to California Service Center (I-751)

09/15/2016 - Package accepted at USCIS

09/15/2016 - Notice of Action date

09/19/2016 - Check cashed

09/20/2016 - Notice of Action received in mail

09/30/2016 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/12/2016 - Biometrics appointment date

09/05/2017 - Infopass Appointment for I-551 Stamp (valid until 03/04/2018)

02/09/2018 - Notification of Document Production!

02/16/2018 - Green Card delivered!!!

02/22/2018 - Acceptance Letter delivered

• 3 weeks later...

I'll add by saying that early this month we received notice that we have our green card interview early next month. So about eight months of being in "Testing and Interview," with about two months of waiting after updating the address.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.