MFC87

RFE I-485 AOS for K1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

in RFE, they are asking for two different things.

1. I only submitted my tax return so they are asking for all supporting Tax docs (W2, 1099s etc) : No problem I can provide that.

2. My income is not enough so I had joint sponsor. Joint sponsor's income is 218,000 for the family of five and they are saying that his income did not meet 125% of the poverty guideline. Does anyone know what is going on?

see attach pic showing what they are asking.

post-165124-0-33390400-1407031452_thumb.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

In order to prove current income you need to send payslips, paystubs or an employer letter for both yourself and your joint sponsor. Tax transcripts prove previous income, not current.

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

Thank aleful & sweetswinks for your feedback.

I see, I don't think I sent anything of his other than his tax return. I can ask him for his W2s and stuff. Shouldn't the first and second bullet be the same if they were missing supporting docs for both. Why would they say missing supporting doc for one and not enough income for second?

Also, he owns a few different businesses (I only put down what he claimed he made on his taxes not on businesses), I can get his W2s but I can't get his letter of employment because that would be from himself.

If I call USCIS, would they be able to help me? in past whenever I have called, they just read whatever I can find on their website. I am really nervous as the letter says if I don't provide what they need, they will deny the application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank aleful & sweetswinks for your feedback.

I see, I don't think I sent anything of his other than his tax return. I can ask him for his W2s and stuff. Shouldn't the first and second bullet be the same if they were missing supporting docs for both. Why would they say missing supporting doc for one and not enough income for second?

Also, he owns a few different businesses (I only put down what he claimed he made on his taxes not on businesses), I can get his W2s but I can't get his letter of employment because that would be from himself.

If I call USCIS, would they be able to help me? in past whenever I have called, they just read whatever I can find on their website. I am really nervous as the letter says if I don't provide what they need, they will deny the application.

There are specific evidence for self-employed. Do a search on the site here for it. http://www.visajourney.com/search/index.php?cx=007424365766759747816%3Auy9flr-th5y&cof=FORID%3A10&q=I-864+self+employed+evidence&sa=Search&siteurl=www.visajourney.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dforums%26module%3Dpost%26section%3Dpost%26do%3Dreply_post%26f%3D128%26t%3D508417%26qpid%3D7164934&ref=www.visajourney.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F508417-rfe-i-485-aos-for-k1%2F&ss=1002j149332j9

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

thanks,

i did the search, most ppl say to include schedule C. I checked what i sent, i actually had schedule C included with it. I am gonna try calling them and ask them why income was not enough.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Progress to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about AOS process RFEs, past K1~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.