Joui

Admission of drug use at st lukes, is my visa automatically denied

189 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone. By the way, does anyone know about the validity of passports? My philippine passport will expire on July 26, 2015. We plan to go to the US first week of January 2015. Should i renew my passport now to be sure?

Since you will probably be changing your name and want to get it redone anyway, I would not.

That's my opinion. That and a dollar will get you tea at Mickey D's :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Marley, I am a dude brah! Hahaha! Anyway, my concern is not the change of name but if the airport will not allow me to travel because the life of my passport is less than 1year already at the time of intended travel on january 2015

Marley, I am a dude brah! Hahaha! Anyway, my concern is not the change of name but if the airport will not allow me to travel because the life of my passport is less than 1year already at the time of intended travel on january 2015

Well in that case I think it would probably be a lot less hassle to do it there, unless you are going to live very near DC or will wait on a consular outreach, which still may be far away.

Marley ?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

6 months is the number not a year.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 months is the number not a year.

Hank is there a rule, that someone can't travel with less than 6 months left on ones passport ?

Timeline

Well in that case I think it would probably be a lot less hassle to do it there, unless you are going to live very near DC or will wait on a consular outreach, which still may be far away.

Marley ?

Shouldn't do it now, the visa will be in his current passport, if he renews his passport the old one will be invalidated... ouch! Special delivery to the embassy, requesting they reissue the visa..... no way I would suggest that one. ;)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hank is there a rule, that someone can't travel with less than 6 months left on ones passport ?

Ya there is something floating around....

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/325288/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2004%20Feb%202014_.pdf

b. PASSPORT. You must have a passport valid for at least six (6) months. If you do not have one, you
should apply in person at the Department of Foreign Affairs - Office of Consular Affairs (DFA-OCA),
Aseana Business Park, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Boulevard, Paranaque City.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

just FYI, if your visa that has not expired is in a passport that has been "invalidated", you can still use the visa - you would just need to present both the old and the new passports to CBP at POE. that is what i did in May this year, with no issues. :) see CBP's note below:

If my visa is in an expired passport, what should I do?

If your visa is in a passport that has expired or will expire within 6 months of the end of your U.S. visit, you will need to get a new passport. However, you do not need to apply for a new visa. Just bring both your new passport and your old passport with the valid visa to present to the CBP Officer when you arrive in the U.S.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/826/~/what-to-do-if-my-visa-is-in-an-expired-passport

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Shouldn't do it now, the visa will be in his current passport, if he renews his passport the old one will be invalidated... ouch! Special delivery to the embassy, requesting they reissue the visa..... no way I would suggest that one. ;)

Well the man has spoken.. There you go...

Timeline

COngrats Joui im happy for you !

I think yours is approved, the releasing windows inform applicants if something is missing during interview. mine is still under administrative processing .

Joui, on 13 Aug 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

Thanks kit the kat. But im still good to travel if we plan to leave first week of jan and expiration date of my passport is July26,2015 right?

You have to enter the US with 6 months remaining on your passport. This is simple. Count back from July 26, 2015 and you will have your last day to enter the US on a valid passport. Here, I did the math for you. January 24, 2015 is the last day.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Thanks kit the kat. But im still good to travel if we plan to leave first week of jan and expiration date of my passport is July26,2015 right?

I would bow to KitKat, being she did it. If you can get it done now then get it done, of course you will have to wait until you have your passport back from the embassy ;)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I will just renew it when it expires. Since i can still leave with my existing passport whose expiration is July 26, 2015. Since ik leaving first week of January

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.