Joui

Admission of drug use at st lukes, is my visa automatically denied

189 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. So my interview is tomorrow at the embassy. Just an additional concern that i hope anyone can give his /her input is that i checked NO on the question in the ds160 about "have i ever been a drug abuser/addict" but said YES on the question of the doctor if I have ever tried smokin weed at least once in my lifetime. Will there be any misrepresentation or inconsistency issue here? Is there a chance that the CO will question this and what do you think is the best answer here? Thanks a lot and wish me luck!

From my personal view point, puffing on a "joint" but not inhaling ;) would not be considered addiction or abuse.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thats my opinion too hank. But i hope that the co thinks the same way too. Of he questions me about why I said no in the ds 160 and yes to the physician, can i say that in my opinion the questions were completely different? I said no to the ds160 because its true that i have never been a dependent or abuser. And i said yes to the physician because its true that i have tried once before... But never happened again.

Timeline

Thats my opinion too hank. But i hope that the co thinks the same way too. Of he questions me about why I said no in the ds 160 and yes to the physician, can i say that in my opinion the questions were completely different? I said no to the ds160 because its true that i have never been a dependent or abuser. And i said yes to the physician because its true that i have tried once before... But never happened again.

That would be what I would say also.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe that St. Lukes doctors still uses the repealed RA 6245 which criminilizes First time drug use.

Republic Act 9165 states that "Section 15. Use of Dangerous Drugs. – A person apprehended or arrested, who is found to be positive for use of any dangerous drug, after a confirmatory test, shall be imposed a penalty of a minimum of six (6) months rehabilitation in a government center for the first offense, subject to the provisions of Article VIII of this Act"

So in effect a single use of any drug is considered a misdemeanor.

If you get caught a second time then it is another story.

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

So today was my interview. And i have a gut feeling that I am already APPROVED. The interview went well with the CO, she was very nice and all. She said everything ti her looked good. She then referred me to the releasing window. The releasing employee told me that I can now go home and wait for the text message of the 2go guy if my visa is already for pickup.(i chose the pickup vs. Deliver at my house) i hope this already a good sign. The releasing window did not ask for any other followup documents. The CO did not bring up the admission of drug use many years ago.

Btw, where can i check the status of my visa? Ceac? It says READY and i should check it again after 2days. Is this the site?

Timeline

Its quite obvious that the medical results was with the cosular when she interviewed because if not, she or the releasing window would have told me that my visa cannot be repeased without the medical results turned in.

Congratulations. Hate to say it but we told you not to worry and everything would be fine. Find Hanks red arrow and follow the instructions to track your visa with 2go.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Yes. If they kept your passport and didn't say that you were disapproved then yes you are approved and you should start checking the CEAC website and see Hanks red arrow and follow his instructions. Don't don't make any plans as far as airlines until you get your visa in your hands . It could take you 5 to 10 business days to get your visa.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Nice!! Thanks for everyones advise and words of encouragement. Thanks also to Hank and Greenbaum for letting me know that its not the end of everything after my admission to st lukes. Truly, honesty is still the best policy (but will bring you in a longer course)

Hank, could you post here your site. I cant see it elsewhere.

Joui, on 13 Aug 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

Nice!! Thanks for everyones advise and words of encouragement. Thanks also to Hank and Greenbaum for letting me know that its not the end of everything after my admission to st lukes. Truly, honesty is still the best policy (but will bring you in a longer course)

Hank, could you post here your site. I cant see it elsewhere.

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/#

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Thanks. Saw the website. Its emphasized that pickups can be done only at sm moa??? I indicated in the appointment letter that I will pick it up at 2go ayala people support. Will that cause any confusion now? The releasing window confirmed if i will pick it up at ayala.. But is it only Moa who stores visas?

Timeline

Thanks. Saw the website. Its emphasized that pickups can be done only at sm moa??? I indicated in the appointment letter that I will pick it up at 2go ayala people support. Will that cause any confusion now? The releasing window confirmed if i will pick it up at ayala.. But is it only Moa who stores visas?

Congrats!! :dancing::dance:

No that is not what my guide states. It states (copied from the embassy website) that delivery can be two days quicker at MOA versus home delivery.

Relax... you are approved... all is good!!

Picture-91.png

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im happy for you got my visa aftr 4days from my interview date..i picked it up then go back to cfo to get the sticker..then done.. welcome to USA

Timeline

Thanks everyone. By the way, does anyone know about the validity of passports? My philippine passport will expire on July 26, 2015. We plan to go to the US first week of January 2015. Should i renew my passport now to be sure?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.