san diego

Inteview notice was not received

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This question is to individuals that went to citizenship interview recently. My wife applied for citizenship based on 3 year marriage. She went through biometrics. On June 30 her status online change to "testing and interview". However, it did not mention the date but mentioned to call if we don't receive anything within 90 days. However, we still did not receive anything on interview. Now I am a little worried that it is lost in mail (it has been 17 days since status changed). Is this normal? Should I call them? I just don't want to call if this is normal not to bother them. Thank you. It would be ideal if someone from San Diego reently went through this and had first hand knowledge how long it takes between change of status and receipt of the interview notice in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This question is to individuals that went to citizenship interview recently. My wife applied for citizenship based on 3 year marriage. She went through biometrics. On June 30 her status online change to "testing and interview". However, it did not mention the date but mentioned to call if we don't receive anything within 90 days. However, we still did not receive anything on interview. Now I am a little worried that it is lost in mail (it has been 17 days since status changed). Is this normal? Should I call them? I just don't want to call if this is normal not to bother them. Thank you. It would be ideal if someone from San Diego reently went through this and had first hand knowledge how long it takes between change of status and receipt of the interview notice in mail.

This wasn't in San Diego, but might be helpful:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/321956-n-400-august-2011/page-18#entry4978255

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

You paid your money for this process so you have every right to complain and to bother them as much as you wish. Of course if the status says not to call before 90 days, it's only because they might not be able to provide further information at this point. The naturalization process takes about 5 to 8 months depending on the workload and this includes the oath ceremony. The biometrics always comes right away so it may be a while before she gets the actual interview. I would wait a month after the biometrics and then call. You will not be penalized in any way for finding out the status of your case, as you have every right to inquire about it.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you, all!

Follow Jimmyhou advise and call. She is already in interview scheduled status which is different than in line for scheduling. Many of the interviews are scheduled within a month. Waiting a month may put her in a position where it appears as if she did not turn up for her interview if the mail was lost and that would not be a good thing. All the best. Keep us posted regarding the outcome so that others may benefit.

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is this the first status change since the biometrics? What does it say below Testing and Interview? Does it say she is in line for interview or that her interview had been scheduled? Because these are two different things. Once you get scheduled for the biometrics, your online status changes to Testing and Interview and under that same category it goes to In line for interview and Interview Scheduled. I'm sorry but I don't think you were very clear about it. When you are in line for interview they also say to call if you don't get anything within 90 days.

So if she is in line for interview, then I think you need to wait a little longer. Try to check other filers from San Diego on the previous months filers threads and then you can have a better idea.

If she has been scheduled for an interview then I would call USCIS and try to speak to a Tier 2 officer to get the date and the copy of the Interview Scheduled letter faxed to you (or re-mailed).

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Laos
Timeline

Can you copy and paste the contents (hiding any specifics like dates, etc.) of the case status under "Testing and Interview" that were updated on your USCIS online case status so you can be better advised?

If the case status reads something like:

"On July 16, we scheduled your N-400 application for interview and sent you a notice..."

then it's time to act right away and not wait for ninety days. You say only seventeen days have passed since you saw an updated status which is still fine. It seems that the update of an actual interview being scheduled posts on the same day that the notice is mailed. Given that, from my observations anyway, notices generally arrive within three to five days and contain an interview within four to five weeks of the arrival, I would speculate (again, if, and only if, your case status reads as above) that your interview date is sometime in the week of August 4 - 8 (give or take a few days).

As someone mentioned, it would be a good idea to call the USCIS Customer Service Centre, polite request to be transferred to a Tier 2 officer and:

a) get the officer to confirm any interview appointment details with you over the telephone

b) if indeed an interview has been scheduled, ask the officer to send another appointment notice and

c) suggest that while you wait for the new notice to be sent, that a copy be faxed in its stead

Good luck!

I don't want your suffering! I don't want your future!
I have neither legal training nor immigration expertise; all comments posted must therefore be consumed in that vein.

My Naturalisation Timeline (Last updated: 21-July-14)

29-MAR-14: N-400 Application Dispatched to USCIS
30-MAR-14: Eligible to File N-400 Application
31-MAR-14: N-400 Application Received by USCIS
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Dated
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Priority Date

04-APR-14: Payment cheque cashed by USCIS
07-APR-14: Online Status - Biometrics Appointment Notice Dispatched
07-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Dated
08-APR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Received
14-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

01-MAY-14: Biometrics Appointment
29-MAY-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Interview Scheduling

06-JUN-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Interview Scheduled
05-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Dated
11-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Received

16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Initial Interview - Decision Could Not Be Made
16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Requested to supply specific evidence documentation

17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Follow-up Interview
17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Specific evidence documentation submitted in person during follow-up interview

21-JUL-14: Application for Naturalisation approved

00-XXX-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduling
00-XXX-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduled
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Dated
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Received
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Date
00-XXX-14: US Passport Application Dispatched
00-XXX-14: US Passport Received

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Laos
Timeline

Yes, it is still "In line for scheduling intervie". I did not know that it also changes to "interview scheduled". Thank you everyone for your help!

Then you have nothing to worry about yet. Wait till it changes to:

Testing & Interview

On XXX 00, 2014, we scheduled you for your testing and interview and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location

and then look out for the letter in the post which should normally arrrive about five to seven calendar days after that update. based on the information you provided, your interview has not been scheduled yet.

Good luck!

I don't want your suffering! I don't want your future!
I have neither legal training nor immigration expertise; all comments posted must therefore be consumed in that vein.

My Naturalisation Timeline (Last updated: 21-July-14)

29-MAR-14: N-400 Application Dispatched to USCIS
30-MAR-14: Eligible to File N-400 Application
31-MAR-14: N-400 Application Received by USCIS
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Dated
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Priority Date

04-APR-14: Payment cheque cashed by USCIS
07-APR-14: Online Status - Biometrics Appointment Notice Dispatched
07-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Dated
08-APR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Received
14-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

01-MAY-14: Biometrics Appointment
29-MAY-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Interview Scheduling

06-JUN-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Interview Scheduled
05-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Dated
11-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Received

16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Initial Interview - Decision Could Not Be Made
16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Requested to supply specific evidence documentation

17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Follow-up Interview
17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Specific evidence documentation submitted in person during follow-up interview

21-JUL-14: Application for Naturalisation approved

00-XXX-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduling
00-XXX-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduled
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Dated
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Received
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Date
00-XXX-14: US Passport Application Dispatched
00-XXX-14: US Passport Received

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.