3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ExoticPrincess said:

Finally! :)

I know right

I- 130 .... sent USCIS August 4, 2010 - Approved at NVC Jan 2011 received approval letter with case number and Id number

Welcome Letter..... Received Feb 23, 2016

Selected agent...Feb 25, 2016

Paid AOS and Visa Application fees.......Feb 26, 2016 

Submitted supporting doc......Mar 20, 2016 ( would have done sooner but had to wait on petitioners tax docs)

Case completed.....April 22, 2016 Received case complete letter April 27,2016

Received Interview Letter... Feb 3, 2017

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

Visa Issued....Mar 21, 2017

POE.............June 4, 2017

SSN............June 12,2017

Green Card: August 2017

Petition for hubby: Oct 2017

i-130....... Approved.Aug 9 2019

NVC ......Wecome letter Nov 4 2019

Submitted all docs and paid fees- Nov 29th 2019

Timeline
On 9/22/2017 at 11:47 AM, phoenyxx said:

What's goin on with you? Them free yuh up yet? lol!

And you! Everything set?

Yeah man everything set lol

I- 130 .... sent USCIS August 4, 2010 - Approved at NVC Jan 2011 received approval letter with case number and Id number

Submitted supporting doc......Mar 20, 2016 ( would have done sooner but had to wait on petitioners tax docs)

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lain said:

Jarin, where have you been tracking your GC? At USCIS ELIS?

No it takes longer to update. Go on the uscis site an check your case status

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

On 9/27/2017 at 2:15 PM, Lain said:

Yes, that's case complete letter. So you might receive your IL scheduled for November. NVC start scheduling each month from 27th to 8th, so you might call them and find out.

Hi Lain! You were right! I got my interview schedule a week after I got the case-complete letter. However, i just have some concerns. There are few requirements i need to bring during the interview. And some of them are the  I-864 Affidative of Support (Signed Version),  photocopy of IRS Transcript and proof of US petitoner's status and domicile in US. I just want to ask where can i get those copies of documents? I understand that proof of US Petitioner's status is the green card right? how about the others? do i need to talk to our lawyer regarding those documents. Thanks.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Jose Noel said:

Hi Lain! You were right! I got my interview schedule a week after I got the case-complete letter. However, i just have some concerns. There are few requirements i need to bring during the interview. And some of them are the  I-864 Affidative of Support (Signed Version),  photocopy of IRS Transcript and proof of US petitoner's status and domicile in US. I just want to ask where can i get those copies of documents? I understand that proof of US Petitioner's status is the green card right? how about the others? do i need to talk to our lawyer regarding those documents. Thanks.

When you sent to NVC one copy of required documents,  the 2nd copy you had to keep for yourself, for that time when you'll have to bring it to the interview.

Just ask your petitioner to email copies of GC, IRS transcript and mail originally signed I-864(read somewhere, that you don't need, that ink signature any more, but don't know, they still require signed version).

Be prepared for everything they ask, but each embassy is different, for instance, I had these docs at my interview, but consul said, we don't need it, cause already we do have copies and asked just for my original birth certificate and passport. So be prepared for everything they ask, that would avoid further delays and you don't need lawyer for that;) Good luck!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I am from Philippines. I would like to know regarding this matter. I was F2b category when my mom petitioned me. but when she got her certificate of naturalization, i was automatically sent to F1 category. My aunt told me to opt out and send a retention letter to stay in F2b so I can bring my 11 year old son with me when I traveled. would it matter if I am in F1 category, can I still bring my son with me if I traveled? I am afraid that I won't be able to bring my son with me because I am a single mom and no one will look after him. by the way, my current status is I am still single and never been married. I received a letter from NVC for my interview schedule. my priority date is Jan 29, 2007. please help. thank you in advance.:)

Edited by LatrellMarie

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, LatrellMarie said:

Hi, I am from Philippines. I would like to know regarding this matter. I was F2b category when my mom petitioned me. but when she got her certificate of naturalization, i was automatically sent to F1 category. My aunt told me to opt out and send a retention letter to stay in F2b so I can bring my 11 year old son with me when I traveled. would it matter if I am in F1 category, can I still bring my son with me if I traveled? I am afraid that I won't be able to bring my son with me because I am a single mom and no one will look after him. by the way, my current status is I am still single and never been married. I received a letter from NVC for my interview schedule. my priority date is Jan 29, 2007. please help. thank you in advance.:)

You can bring your son with F1 or F2B visa categories. You just have to call the NVC and tell them you have to add a derivative. Probably best to prepare all of your son's documents before your interview and try to bring them with you if he hasnt been added to your interview schedule yet

Timeline
13 minutes ago, sunsetdolphin said:

You can bring your son with F1 or F2B visa categories. You just have to call the NVC and tell them you have to add a derivative. Probably best to prepare all of your son's documents before your interview and try to bring them with you if he hasnt been added to your interview schedule yet

thank you very much. been thinking of this lately. I really don't want to get a retention to F2b anymore because I think that It may complicate the process again. but should I still push thru to opt out and remain to F2b preference category because my mom received a letter already. and here's the letter. please enlighten me if should I push thru. thank you again.:)

f2b.png

Timeline
15 minutes ago, jrvc02 said:

My PD is Jan 18 2007 also an F2b in the Philippines and I am still waiting for my interview schedule. Lucky you, you already have an.interview schedule

sorry. none yet. still waiting for my interview schedule. my bad. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, LatrellMarie said:

thank you very much. been thinking of this lately. I really don't want to get a retention to F2b anymore because I think that It may complicate the process again. but should I still push thru to opt out and remain to F2b preference category because my mom received a letter already. and here's the letter. please enlighten me if should I push thru. thank you again.:)

f2b.png

Hey, I wouldn't send request to opt-out from F1 to F2B for couple reasons:

1. PD for F1 and F2B are the same and it's 01 JAN 2007.

2. Sending request to opt-out and receive an approval gonna take 2-3 weeks.

3. New Visa bulletin will be released in 1 week and you'll see which category is moving forward faster.

Your PD is almost current, so just wait and add your son as a derivative.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, LatrellMarie said:

f2b.png

I have read in a thread and an article before that the opt out is just highly recommended for F2B to F1 category because sometimes, F1 category takes longer wait times for visa availability. If i were you, I'd push through the opt out process. I believe it wouldn't take you long to opt out :) Good luck and God bless you with your case!

/edit/ I just re-read what you've said and I think i missed the part when you said "my mom received a letter already". I'm sorry for that. With this consideration, I think you should just push through what you are exactly doing right now and not change anything. What i've said above was just what I would do if the long process hasn't started yet, i.e. you haven't submitted ds260 or paid anything yet. I'm sorry for this confusion. But still the best assurance i can give you is through calling NVC. You can call them for free btw through the app called "Hangout" and it's legit. 

Edited by sunsetdolphin
Additional correct information

Timeline
2 hours ago, sunsetdolphin said:

I have read in a thread and an article before that the opt out is just highly recommended for F2B to F1 category because sometimes, F1 category takes longer wait times for visa availability. If i were you, I'd push through the opt out process. I believe it wouldn't take you long to opt out :) Good luck and God bless you with your case!

/edit/ I just re-read what you've said and I think i missed the part when you said "my mom received a letter already". I'm sorry for that. With this consideration, I think you should just push through what you are exactly doing right now and not change anything. What i've said above was just what I would do if the long process hasn't started yet, i.e. you haven't submitted ds260 or paid anything yet. I'm sorry for this confusion. But still the best assurance i can give you is through calling NVC. You can call them for free btw through the app called "Hangout" and it's legit. 

It makes no sense to do opt-out if F1 will move forward faster. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.