3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jose Noel said:

Hi. i just want to ask if is it ok to call the NVC if after 3 months and you have'nt heard if the documents you submitted were reviewed or not. Thanks.

Hi, yes it is ok to call and ask is your case is already complete and confirm your scan date(when NVC has received your docs).

43 minutes ago, Lain said:

Hi, yes it is ok to call and ask is your case is already complete and confirm your scan date(when NVC has received your docs).

Thank you lain! By the way, are they going to send you an email if the documents are reviewed or lacking of something? thanks

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jose Noel said:

Thank you lain! By the way, are they going to send you an email if the documents are reviewed or lacking of something? thanks

If they will find out, that your case is lacking some doc, they will send you a Checklist, what will add you 11 weeks of additional wait after you'll submit it. If your case will be completed, they will send you a Case complete letter. Or you can check it at CEAC if you have your Invoice ID, if not, you can ask for it, when you'll call NVC.

34 minutes ago, Lain said:

If they will find out, that your case is lacking some doc, they will send you a Checklist, what will add you 11 weeks of additional wait after you'll submit it. If your case will be completed, they will send you a Case complete letter. Or you can check it at CEAC if you have your Invoice ID, if not, you can ask for it, when you'll call NVC.

Thank you Lain! i hope somebody would post an image of sample case complete letter so that i would have an idea. Thanks again!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

this is from an email reply from NVC when I inquired on the status of my case online. My PD is Jan 2007. Your case is already current in the visa issuance table.When did you submit your documents?

Timeline
On 28/05/2017 at 3:44 PM, jrvc02 said:

this is from an email reply from NVC when I inquired on the status of my case online. My PD is Jan 2007. Your case is already current in the visa issuance table.When did you submit your documents?

Wow! When was your case completed? My PD is March 2007 and I just received my welcome letter last week. Keeping my fingers crossed the bulletin speeds up! :D:D:D

Timeline
13 hours ago, Have Faith said:

Wow! When was your case completed? My PD is March 2007 and I just received my welcome letter last week. Keeping my fingers crossed the bulletin speeds up! :D:D:D

got the confirmation 3 mos after we submitted the documents.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, me and my sister's PD is almost current (july2007) if everything goes well, my sister can bring her 3 minor dauthers as dependents, the question is, am I also be able to do the same? Bring my two minor sons with me? We're living together with thier mom (my GF). Any inputs are greately appreciated... 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Jhe said:

Hi, me and my sister's PD is almost current (july2007) if everything goes well, my sister can bring her 3 minor dauthers as dependents, the question is, am I also be able to do the same? Bring my two minor sons with me? We're living together with thier mom (my GF). Any inputs are greately appreciated... 

I think, that yes if you aren't married and have mother's of your children permission to bring them to US.

Maybe someone more experienced can comment as well?

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

did you and your sister notify nvc about the births.  are u sure your petitioner can sponsor the 7 plus who is living in the household of the sponsor without  a joint sponsor.  make your look at the poverty guideline for so many people and see if the petitioner can get a joint sponsor if they dont meet the requirement before you pd become current. so you dont have that hassle.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jhe said:

1 hour ago, jamaicankim said:

did you and your sister notify nvc about the births.  are u sure your petitioner can sponsor the 7 plus who is living in the household of the sponsor without  a joint sponsor.  make your look at the poverty guideline for so many people and see if the petitioner can get a joint sponsor if they dont meet the requirement before you pd become current. so you dont have that hassle.

Petitions for immediate relatives may be filed simultaneously at the USCIS.

Children of applicants with family-based petitions (F category) may derive immigration benefits from the same petition provided that they are single and under 21. Such children are called "derivatives" for purposes of immigration. Only biological or legally-adopted children are entitled to derivative status. 

A child born after a petition was filed and approved may be registered or added on to the petition as a derivative. The principal applicant needs to submit the child’s birth certificate printed on NSO paper either to the NVC or to the Embassy and pay the corresponding visa processing fee for each additional derivative.

Agreed. It's better to have at least 2 additional joint sponsor's, because that's an additional 5 persons not originally included.

DO NOT GET MARRIED, neither you or your sister should get married because that will make the application null and void.

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys, random ques for anyone here who's gone thru immigration. Which line does one go into when they land as a first time resident?! 

Also, the package from the embassy had my passport INSIDE the envelope, which the DHL guy opened and had me check, but there's another bigger OPEN folder inside wrapped with an elastic band. The only thing I took out of the delivery package was my passport. Isn't that weird, that they sent it in an open folder and not an envelope? 

Edited by phoenyxx

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.