59 posts in this topic

He did get charged even tho he is innonce so the answer to that question will be "yes"

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You originally said that nobody knows about this and it was clear self defence etc.

Now you say he was, arrested, tried and acquitted. An awful lot of people would know about it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

In fact, Boiler, no, because it was in an isolated area where it happened and where the whole thing took place. They were strangers, and nobody knew them there.

That's why they were targeted. And, in fact, it happened years ago and nobody does know about it. The only ones involved were the family members, the two girls, who were there when it happened.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are getting charged and guilty mixed up. No matter about arrest. He was charged, He went to court the charge was found to be self-defense. There is a court record. You have to check yes and supply the court documents.

If you don't and they get those documents and they will even if it says nothing, thats end of story.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I mean, the people in that town, in that region, where they were travelling, were involved at the time, but that was years ago and they have never been back to that region (or ever want to go back), nor is there any kind of connection, communication...it is really considered over and past.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Where do you get the court records?

He has court records, I told you. We have them and they are BLANK.

As long as they are the official documents with seal or certification you would be submitting that.

You have K3 on your profile are you filing I-129F after your I-130 or what?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

No, we have not filed yet. It is my hope to file but I am trying to understand what is going to happen when we do. I took one look at the forms and I started to get nervous. It was a traumatizing event and no one in the family wants to even talk about it.

Timeline

Simplistically

You answer truthfully, give all the information available. If the court records are no longer available then it will be up to the Consulate as to what they will do next.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thank you everybody, and thank you, Boiler. I feel very much that this is the thing to do. It is extremely hard to resurrect this issue.

Nobody wants to talk about or remember those events. We may end up deciding not to file or do anything right now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

At this point, if it were me, I would disclose, after all it is now available on a public forum, and I do not doubt for one minute that CO's check Visa Journey to see what people say/ask.

8j0g.jpg8j0gm4.png

December 27, 2009 - Wishing each other a blessed 2010. -When we met
February 25- I realize I love this amazing man! (but of course I must see it and feel it in person to know for sure )
June 22, 2010 - The day I first lay eyes on the man that I love.
December 29th 2010- January 6th 2011 - second trip to Morocco, an amazing time with an amazing man. He tells me I am everything he needs and more and hopes that he is the same for me... of course!! I accept his proposal and we are engaged!
October 2011 - So very much in love still, can't wait to see him in December
December 22nd,2011- January 9th 2012 - What a wonderful time, we had an engagement ceremony, and finally we decided it was time to start filling out some papers! Hoping to send it off in late March !
December 27th, 2012 - January 14th, 2013- My girls and I visit my Sweet Bread and have a wonderful vacation with all of the family, including my uncle!

November 12, 2013 - I-129f mailed! Finally!

November 21, 2013- NOA1 !

February 27th, 2014 NOA2 !

March 18th, 2014 NVC RECEIVED!

April 23rd, 2014 INTERVIEW !!! God-Willing we will be in each others arms soon! God Bless!!

April 24th, 2014 Find out we were in AP, 2 weeks later he is called back to the Consulate...

May 8th, 2014 Hicham is given a 221g at the Consulate and told that the petition has been sent back to USCIS. :( HEARTBROKEN. Yet, determined to convince them.

September 29th, 2015 MARRIED.

June 2015- Still madly in love, and madly missing each other.

September 29th, 2015 Mailed CR-1 Petition.

October 1st 2015 NOA-1

December 2nd 2015, Notice of Action- Transferred to Local office in Arlington, VA

The Journey continues....... missing each other like crazy!

Still, God Bless.

Thank you for letting me share my story smile.png
HichamRainbow2.pngloveforeverpng.pngPicture0006.png

"You'll know then that I am God. No one who hopes in me ever regrets it." Isaiah 49:23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here is my 2 sense,

Firstly: there is a crime that took place. The offender was arrested and charged with the that crime.

Secondly: Here where it gets confusing or maybe not. The offender has a family member in high places within the government or knows somebody that does (personally or through connection does not matter).

The family could not do anything at the local police; therefore they have to work at the court level. They basically bribed the judges. That is how the verdict came about innocence by self-defense.

That was the good news because the offender will not spend any time in jail. The offender’s family has another hurdle the court record. They again worked the system through bribes to wipe clean.

I guarantee that nobody will ever find this in the system because it was never sent to Rabat for central processing. Even the file no longer exists as if it never happened.

When Rabat does not have a record to show it will not show on the police record either, there for this crime has never happened. It is the sad reality, but it is also the truth. That is why Morocco is labeled a fraud country.

My question is how is the background check is done?

And BTW the Offender has his police record as well as his courts records. And there is nothing in them. They are squeaky clean.

If you answer YES you have to explain.

If you answer no there is nothing to explain.

But how do explain something that does not or did not exist?

That is the big???????????

Timeline

One step at a time.

Timeline

myjourneytoo, I have to disagree with you. It was not a crime committed. When you are walking alone, one man and two girls, and you are assaulted by a group of men, and you finally defend yourself, this is not a crime at all. It is self-defense. The fact that the police get there, aren't sure who to believe, and take the wrong person into custody, does not therefore make it into a crime. There was no bribing that took place.

It is precisely because of this that these things are a problem; because the majority of people assume that, if you are accused, you are therefore guilty. The fact that, in this world, there are false accusations, imperfect justice systems, etc, etc, seem to be lost on most people. Almost everybody responding to my thread has treated it like this is a case of a person committing a crime. And that is precisely what I am afraid of in revealing. Once people get that in their head, it seems impossible that they will drop it.

I did not use my real name.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.