newbud

Does it really work?

34 posts in this topic

Are they going to charge you for the training?

You say you have IT knowledge, can you elaborate? What is the source of your knowledge? How have you used this knowledge in the past?

Are you willing to take a position commensurate with your actual experience/knowledge levels?

They are not charging anything its free training.

I already have knowledge of sql, java, html (i think everybody knows it) and R just need to brush up my skills.

I tried alot with my real resume with no experience, recently passed an interview and written test but hiring manager appreciated me old me on my face since i don't have any experience she can's hire me even though i achieved highest marks. This was highly disappointing. She hired somebody who had more experience on resume and less talent who knows that experience is real or not. If i had made little changes in resume i must have been working on job right now not sitting at home.

I know many people who have gone this route.

The way it happens is you land on a plane from Mumbai and they put you on your first assignment. You are humiliated and you wash out. It takes maybe a week.

Then the same consulting firm places you somewhere else. The same thing happens, but you go a few days more.

The cycle repeats itself. You are moved from client to client for a while. Now, unless you're some kind of abject fool, you've been trying all along. What happens when you try? You learn. You eventually become someone who can contribute to a project. And then you stick. And then you get laid off again at the first RIF, because while decent you're just not quite good enough to keep around after a reorg.

And by then, you have a real resume.

Life goes on. It's not all kittens and roses.

My only concern is background check.

How they do background check and never find out about work history?

Maybe, but I still believe that this country has opportunities for people who are willing to work.

You could end up in the same place through honest means.

Maybe it's time to cut the home country's purse strings and strike out on your own without "special consultant" help.

FYI, i went to AppleOne for seeking help in employment. I wanted to get even temporary work to start so that i could gain experience. I filled application online at center and manager took my interview. I told her clearly that i am in need of work and worked as manager. I am fine with even temporary or tem to perm role. She said she had great opportunity for me in a good company and pay was great, it was temp to perm job so agreed to go for interview. As it was scheduling work and i didnt have experience in scheduling she suggested me to make changes in resume, she asked me to write admin instead of operational manager as my last designation and asked me to write admin and schedule expert in subject line. I went to interview after doing all this and found out that employer was looking to fill 'sales person on phone' position.

I think AppleOne is an American company if not then somebody can correct me.

My friend got a programming job with no CS degree and no experience. I would keep trying through honest means.

My apologies for thinking it was an Indian circle, but if it is not, then it makes it all the more suspicious that they would contact you and suggest you fake it, unless there is another network for your country. If someone contacted me and told me to do that I would tell the police. So they suggest this to you knowing you won't tell on them, how did they pick you?

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

I already have knowledge of sql, java, html (i think everybody knows it) and R just need to brush up my skills.

I tried alot with my real resume with no experience, recently passed an interview and written test but hiring manager appreciated me old me on my face since i don't have any experience she can's hire me even though i achieved highest marks. This was highly disappointing. She hired somebody who had more experience on resume and less talent who knows that experience is real or not. If i had made little changes in resume i must have been working on job right now not sitting at home.

Knowledge of SQL, Java, HTML but no experience?

With all due respect, that's like no knowledge at all.

You need to be in the weeds for a week before you can claim knowledge. There is a lot that happens in a dev shop that isn't part of any book or webinar or college class.

I think I know exactly what company you're talking about.

No, you don't, because there are at least half a dozen companies within a 5 mile radius of where I sit right now that would make the OP the same offer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I can tell you as an American IT Professional this is very well known for foreigner folk to do and very disheartening. I struggled for months with gaps of 9 months or more between 2009 and summer 2013 of unemployment. Battling liars that would fudge their resume. I had some recruiters say I can put on your resume you worked here and there to cover the gaps (I lived in Nigeria almost a year with husband and companies frowned on my gaps).

It's sad people can't stand on their own merit.

Tell me, that 4 years how will you explain how you got 4 years US experience living outside the US.

Just sad. Being outsourced from within is a common American practice in the US these days.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

They are not charging anything its free training.

Are you willing to start at the bottom? And by bottom, I mean tech support/help desk.

My friend got a programming job with no CS degree and no experience. I would keep trying through honest means.

My apologies for thinking it was an Indian circle, but if it is not, then it makes it all the more suspicious that they would contact you and suggest you fake it, unless there is another network for your country. If someone contacted me and told me to do that I would tell the police. So they suggest this to you knowing you won't tell on them, how did they pick you?

I would love to know in which state she got programming job without degree and experience and would like to move to that state.

They found my resume on careerbuilder and contacted me. They said if i just want training then i will have to pay and if i want placement too then i no need to pay but make changes in resume and sign contract with them upon landing on a job. I googled about them online and they have placed people successfully and people are working. I think at the end of the day its you who has to work hard and show your skills at job. Resume is just for entering into the door.

I applied for so many jobs with original resume even if job was paying less or was an internship. I applied for so many internships last month, never got called for anything. On craigslist it says entry level with no experience but its not true, i never got called even for free internship with original resume.

Do me a favor, tell me the state and ask your friend tell you how she/he landed up in job without experience in this state.

Edited by newbud

Tell me, that 4 years how will you explain how you got 4 years US experience living outside the US.

Just sad. Being outsourced from within is a common American practice in the US these days.

Exactly thats what i am thinking about. I have been here for last 2 years, how can i show that i have been working for last 5 years?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Exactly thats what i am thinking about. I have been here for last 2 years, how can i show that i have been working for last 5 years?

Lying will come back to bite you.

Lie in haste; repent at leisure.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I would love to know in which state she got programming job without degree and experience and would like to move to that state.

They found my resume on careerbuilder and contacted me. They said if i just want training then i will have to pay and if i want placement too then i no need to pay but make changes in resume and sign contract with them upon landing on a job. I googled about them online and they have placed people successfully and people are working. I think at the end of the day its you who has to work hard and show your skills at job. Resume is just for entering into the door.

I applied for so many jobs with original resume even if job was paying less or was an internship. I applied for so many internships last month, never got called for anything. On craigslist it says entry level with no experience but its not true, i never got called even for free internship with original resume.

Do me a favor, tell me the state and ask your friend tell you how she/he landed up in job without experience in this state.

I will tell you the state, Massachusetts, but I don't think the state has much to do with it. He got a sort of baby programming job, something that was not suitable for a real programmer, but good for him. There has to be others out there.

If a job says entry level no experience, and you don't get a call back, it doesn't mean it's a lie. It means there were other more qualified people than you that got it.

Have you had your resume checked? Is it professional and up to a USC standard? What have you been doing the past two years? What did you do before?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a sis in law here now and she was doing some office work (she has a Bio-Chem degree) to get US experience while she waits for her EAD and AOS to get processed. And when I told her she can't be working at all (free or paid) she freaked. And now she feels like a fraudster because she has to take that experience off her resume because what if they ask "how you get these months of experience even though you weren't qualified to work?"

I wouldn't do it just because you never know when someone will find out and they will and you will be ruined. Honesty is the only way. Liars will always get caught and thank God.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

When i came to this country, i thought of proceeding as teacher ( as i was teacher in my home country). I applied to sfud (san francisco unified school district). I had experience of 7 years as teacher and experience of international schools. They gave me even experience certificate which i added with job application.

I got my degrees evaluated, its equavalent to US masters and got CA teaching certification. After 2 months of applying when i didnot get any response, one day i was working in business area of my apt building, i happened to talk to sfud teacher who lives in apt building for last 10 years. She listened to my story and approached sfud on my behalf. On her assistance i got rejection email after 1 week. I went to in person to the office and asked what should i do in order to imporve myself as teacher or what's the reason of rejection. To my surpirse the guy didn't give me any reason and instead said nobody knows the rejection reason. I wanted to meet the manager he didn't allow.

On the other side lot of my relatives and friends told me stories about these consultants. I was never convinced with the idea of faking resume and getting job in IT with it.

So here i am working hard in sales everyday, the field in which i never worked in my home country,applied with real resume and getting lot less than what one can get in IT.

All i can say its difficult to stick to principals in this hard economy where you see people around you getting benefitted with lies.

But i am still not convinced with the idea of faking resume.

Edited by flora01

ROC sent (DAY 00) -2/21/2014

ROC received at center (DAY 03) -2/24/2014

NOA received at home (DAY 07) -2/28/2014 (NOA dated 2/24/2014)

BIO received at home (DAY 12) -3/05/2014 (bio appt on 3/20/2014)

BIO appt (early bio) (DAY 12) -3/05/2014

Approval decision date (DAY 89) -5/21/2014

Approval letter received (DAY 91) -5/23/2014

Card received at home (DAY 102)-6/03/2014

When i came to this country, i thought of proceeding as teacher ( as i was teacher in my home country). I applied to sfud (san francisco unified school district). I had experience of 7 years as teacher and experience of international schools. They gave me even experience certificate which i added with job application.

I got my degrees evaluated, its equavalent to US masters and got CA teaching certification. After 2 months of applying when i didnot get any response, one day i was working in business area of my apt building, i happened to talk to sfud teacher who lives in apt building for last 10 years. She listened to my story and approached sfud on my behalf. On her assistance i got rejection email after 1 week. I went to in person to the office and asked what should i do in order to imporve myself as teacher or what's the reason of rejection. To my surpirse the guy didn't give me any reason and instead said nobody knows the rejection reason. I wanted to meet the manager he didn't allow.

On the other side lot of my relatives and friends told me stories about these consultants. I was never convinced with the idea of faking resume and getting job in IT with it.

So here i am working hard in sales everyday, the field in which i never worked in my home country,applied with real resume and getting lot less than what one can get in IT.

All i can say its difficult to stick to principals in this hard economy where you see people around you getting benefitted with lies.

But i am still not convinced with the idea of faking resume.

Life isn't fair. If you insist on following the rules created by the privileged class, you will lose every time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.