TBoneTX

One, Two... Many Rants

2,945 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Soooooooooo, let's play get advices from strangers on the internet.

It's been a year now that I've been stuck at my parents house.

My husband is clearly unhappy here in the US.

I didn't need him to even tell me that yesterday, I've known this for months, but it obviously means something for him to admit it.

I've been unable to save a dime being here due to multiple reasons.

Mostly, my big chunk went to a down payment on my car.

The old one was falling apart, I needed to leave for Canada.

Not to mention, I was putting more money into it than I was saving.

Then, I'm massively to blame for frivolous spending.

We can't stand being at home with my step dad so we end up going out just to get away and of course we end up spending.

I know that's amounted to SO much additional money lost and I've tried to nip it, but I just can't stop.

Then, there's the fact that I found out Hubby's mom had money saved up to pay for a large down payment on a house, but we up and moved out of the country.

Going back to Canada made me miss a lot of it.

But I don't know if that's just being away from our house made it feel like that.

I don't know what to do at this point.

I don't know how to make a life change/move to a new career.

I wish people existed just to tell you what path to take to achieve a goal.

Like a life coach lmao.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I work in the trade show industry.

Because I was trying to save money for a hours.

Yes.

Also I failed to mention that hubby hasn't been able to acquire work since being here which doesn't help us save money.

oldlady.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can't you do the same kind of work in Canada?

Living with parents is stressful and a false economy IMO .

Why not try Canada ( will your husband have a better chance at work there?)?

If your MIL is prepared to be so generous I would jump at the chance .

Back-report, see and sigh and ouch man:

Went to Spine Clinic; beheld beautiful young Neurologistette (or perhaps Orthopedistette), uffff man. She was self-admittedly shocked to see the x-ray of the lumbar region, see man; she noted that the degeneration is "moderate-to-severe." Re current situation, she diagnosed it as a pinched nerve with muscle involvement, ouch man. She prescribed Many new meds, 2 of which are to replace currently ineffective ones (including the worthless muscle-relaxant). Had to arm-twist her to agree to shoot me with something -- not the good stuff, sadly, but more Toradol, which has only increased the pain. Also had to arm-twist her to re-prescribe the methylprednisolone (say that Many times in a row really fast), but I am to finish the first taper-pack first, wait 2 days, then begin the other. There goes my weekend, sigh and ouch man.

If the current medical regimen isn't successful, no man, I'm to see her again in 2 weeks, too long man. We shall see if the new kill-painer helps us sleep tonight, see zzz man, and how we are affected in the morn.

We have pretensions of awakening to attend a couple of GSs that are conveniently on the way to work, whee man (and even if they weren't, we'd alter our route), but we have no idea whether we shall be ambulatory. We barely are now, sigh man, and the cat wanted us to throw her fuzzy pompom to chase, miu man. We managed to dish and de-dish the warsher without crying out, bite tongue man.

Doc also wants us to begin fizzicle therapy ASAP, sigh man, before consideration for surgery (!!?), ouch man.

So, cat prep zzz in great pain again, si and see and sigh and ouch man. Mornin', Commie-babe (good, GOOD Jada)!

oh.. your prognosis (degeneration is "moderate-to-severe.") sounds bad to me.

Will surgery help to fix anything?

You will eventually develop tolerance for all the painkiller meds and they won't work for you anymore :unsure:

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Can't you do the same kind of work in Canada?

Living with parents is stressful and a false economy IMO .

Why not try Canada ( will your husband have a better chance at work there?)?

If your MIL is prepared to be so generous I would jump at the chance .

Well not living with my parents wasn't really an option when I was moving into the country with an unemployed husband.

We can't not live there because we can't afford to live elsewhere unless I get a second income or rent at 350$ lmao

The trade show industry... yeah... I could... If I just randomly had a trade show house randomly hiring right randomly where I want to live.

It's a specific industry that very few even really stop to realize exists.

These houses aren't just in every city: they are far and few between.

And I can't just move to Canada and work there.

There is paperwork just like the US.

I CAN just move there if I want... but not just move and WORK there.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Does your husband stand a better chance of getting work in Canada?

Do you earn more in the States than he can make in Canada?

It sounds like a change needs to be made. Can't you apply your expertise to a completely different job in Canada?

How about having him support you while you find your way around? Could you set up some kind of business?

IDK. Just trying to keep you positive.

Edited by Jacque67

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

oh.. your prognosis (degeneration is "moderate-to-severe.") sounds bad to me.

Will surgery help to fix anything?

You will eventually develop tolerance for all the painkiller meds and they won't work for you anymore :unsure:

Oh he's degenerated alright :)

Timeline

Well not living with my parents wasn't really an option when I was moving into the country with an unemployed husband.

We can't not live there because we can't afford to live elsewhere unless I get a second income or rent at 350$ lmao

The trade show industry... yeah... I could... If I just randomly had a trade show house randomly hiring right randomly where I want to live.

It's a specific industry that very few even really stop to realize exists.

These houses aren't just in every city: they are far and few between.

And I can't just move to Canada and work there.

There is paperwork just like the US.

I CAN just move there if I want... but not just move and WORK there.

Hey K, I don't mean to be harsh. And you know I love ya like a little sis that needs looking after......

But a man's gotta have something to put on the table...... Hubs gotta go get a job dear. No matter how menial.....

He's gotta go push a broom at Home Depot if that's what he can get. Stock stuff at Costco, Starbucks, etc.....(all these by which chance, aren't that bad)

You 2 are in the most productive periods of your life. Don't find yourselves in your 40s and have absolutely nothing. Then you've failed. Times flies.

I'm out of college like...over 2 decades (not counting graduate school). it was like yesterday.......

Oh he's degenerated alright :)

Will TBoneX be Stephen hawking-like soonish?

Maybe he should start looking for wheel-chair at garage sale.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Does your husband stand a better chance of getting work in Canada?

Do you earn more in the States than he can make in Canada?

It sounds like a change needs to be made. Can't you apply your expertise to a completely different job in Canada?

How about having him support you while you find your way around? Could you set up some kind of business?

IDK. Just trying to keep you positive.

Well, my husband HAD a job in canada, but it was only 4 hours a week, so no not really.

And I come with a boat load of bills, so even if we did move to Canada, I couldn't feasibly foresee us just being able to get him a job and buying a house and being able to pay for everything.

I feel like it's just lose/lose either way.

Like I don't physically see how to do any of this short of him moving back to canada in with his mom, trying to find a job, filing paperwork at the same time, waiting, being apart again.

Eventually hopefully end up together somewhere in canada.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

So do as Steve suggests.

Get him to apply for a low level job, and hopefully he can work his way up. Being unemployed is going to do nothing for his self-esteem.

Even if he did voluntary work, he would be getting out of the house, making contacts and causing your parents less stress.

Timeline

K, sounds to me you guys really need to get in high gear. Canada isn't the answer either.

If you can make a living in Canada, you can make a living here.

You don't have to look any further than this thread. Look at some of our Canadian transplants here. Except stretch, she has a hillbilly...