9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi VJ family,
Soon I will have my Interview. I have a lot of chat pages to print 50 pages for facebook, 50 on gmail and 450 page on yahoo. That makes a total of roughly 550 pages between us. That's plus letters, mails and an album of pictures. We think that it's a bit too much stuff to take for the interview and for sure they are not going to take a look at all of the chats we had, or maybe instead of approving the visa on the same day the CO will think that it is interesting and put me on AP instead taking time to checking the whole thing ... I don't know how it works but that's what I think could be possible. Please tell me the amount of chat/pages and evidence that people take on a regular basis to their interviews.

Edited by Jacklyn.Younes12

Hi VJ family,

Soon I will have my Interview. I have a lot of chat pages to print 50 pages for facebook, 50 on gmail and 450 page on yahoo. That makes a total of roughly 550 pages between us. That's plus letters, mails and an album of pictures. We think that it's a bit too much stuff to take for the interview and for sure they are not going to take a look at all of the chats we had, or maybe instead of approving the visa on the same day the CO will think that it is interesting and put me on AP instead taking time to checking the whole thing ... I don't know how it works but that's what I think could be possible. Please tell me the amount of chat/pages and evidence that people take on a regular basis to their interviews.

I am speechless. That is a lot. I only brought two folder and my medical examination result. The pictures were about 10, emails were about 10 pages, 10 Skype subscription, 5 Skype video screen-shots, 10 pages Shutterfly account history, and the CO did not even looked up to those.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

I'm only bringing screenshots of FB chats, one for each month and then some emails and screen grabs of our FaceTime logs.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Timeline

This is the confusion we had. How much is to much and how much is to little. My husband and I spend a great deal of time chatting due to the time difference between us and we are not sure where to start to pick dates of conversations over the past 3 years. We keep reading post about people who took too little and got AP from it. Approximately howcmany pages does one person take on average?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I dont believe that people were given AP for taking too little to the interview. If you frontloaded your application and sideloaded when it went to CASA (so they r forced to have it in front of them at some point)... your did your duties. The amount of paperwork that you are compiling for your SO to take to an interview sounds like a physical encumbrance.

In our case...with the years of yahoo messaging I felt did not need the Consulate to read our personal communications just wished to show how many and and how long it has been going on..... so I condensed the the months and printed the totals as proof with a "snapshot" of the yahoo email page. And within each year it is listed the amount of back and forth texts we had were in the hundreds of 1000's I showed these numbers. Then just went through and printed about three pages to show a snippet of content. The usually hi, how was work. Where are you? I cooked this for dinner. Say hello to your family...And good night sleep well, talk to you in your afternoon.

Good Luck at the interview.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thanks for the information. That sounds like a good idea. I think between a combination of what you mention and only doing screen shots with dates of chats could really solve the confusion we are having. Any suggestions as to how many pictures you took with you to the appointment? Or did you take any other kind of supportive evidence for the relationship. I have seen online that they like to see proof that you lived together or have financial ties together, or other forms of 'relationship.' Any suggestions on this type of documentation? Thanks in advance :energy::energy:

Timeline

Pics were already sumitted. but if you feel better with SO taking more up to date surrent ones...I had a one page collage with various places we visited together and different family get togethers...instead of many pics in an envelope. it came off more efficiant. Faster to get our story of first trip, second...visits to CASAblanca by train, his sisters wedding fourth trip...even did the final 5th visit etc all in three neat simple pages.

AGain I am not sure "they like to see" you comingling finances and "see" proof you live together and it will prove a bona fide relationship in the CO mind......but If you are blessed enough to live in Morocco with your husband as appose to visit, marry then come back to the U.S. to wait for the interview, Then for sure a letter from your landlord, weekly food receipts from Acima or Marjane would help in proof oh especially if they are accpting/needing more at the interview . If you have lived there and filed for residency, this proof is worth taking to the interview too. With his job, if you are on his insurance or if you paid any medical bills there together. All I would assume could be positive in showing you are truely husband and wife.

But stretching for what you have read they want to see...I dont think I have a good answer.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Inluv, I guess maybe part of the reason why we are having such a hard time in deciding what to bring and what no to bring to the interview is because I was living in Morocco with my husband for 16 Months, alhumdulilah. I am very grateful that we were given the chance to do this, and I love Morocco. It is such a beautiful place to be. Therefore we do not know how to differentiate between what they 'want' to see and what they 'Need' to see to make them happy. I am a permanent Moroccan resident and we also have a bank account together there, and I had read once that they liked to see these things to prove you had a real marriage. But, I am sure most of the cases they see this type of situation is not typical. But, what you say makes a lot of sense. So we will just have to try and narrow it down some more. I think maybe we were thinking about this to hard. After your suggestions earlier and the suggestions of some other VJ members we have been able to drastically reduce to amount of chats / letters that we are taking. All the advice is greatly appreciated.

Timeline

It sounds like you have good evidence already submitted. So in case he MIGHT need a little more to take with him it cant hurt. Your residency status, bank accounts and that you had the time together so long... are great. You might be over thinking and of course worrying with all the hardship stories on here. Condense your chats / communications and have him bring in a little folder with him in case they will accept it. It sounds like things will go fine for you both. They never asked for anything more from my husband by the time his second interview came around but I sure was ready. He was given a 221 for the k 1 the first time he was there. I was dumbfounded.

Keep us updated how it goes.

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.