dea87

Husband court martial nxt month n still goin to file for AOS?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what are the possible outcomes of the court martial ? [no, i am not asking what the charges are]

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

that's one possible outcome -

what are the others?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Idk yet, that's all what he says for now and i need to find or choose where to stay. What will i do its hard for me seeing him like this it made more sad knowing that we might not be w each other again n i might get deported. ??

Timeline

can file this AOS set Monday, prepping all this weekend? I ask, cause court martial not occur yet, and sentencing not occur yet either.

Timeline

All paper work was about to get it done. But still thinking about that ik they will know my husband might be in jail that time when I'm goin to have the immigration interview. Is it goin to be a problem that the petitioner will be in jail?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry to hear about this dea87. Do you have the paperwork to file? Medicals, Tax paperwork for 2013, proof of income, co- mingling of funds etc. This situation calls for an immigration lawyer so you know if your husband is in a pposition to file and if a possible incarceration will still allow you attend your interview alone. I know for military spouses who are deployed, their beneficiary can attend the interview alone (with supportive documents). You can't do this yourself of sure. What does his lawyer say?

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hold on, a court martial means your hubby is in the military right?

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Timeline

Sorry to hear about this dea87. Do you have the paperwork to file? Medicals, Tax paperwork for 2013, proof of income, co- mingling of funds etc. This situation calls for an immigration lawyer so you know if your husband is in a pposition to file and if a possible incarceration will still allow you attend your interview alone. I know for military spouses who are deployed, their beneficiary can attend the interview alone (with supportive documents). You can't do this yourself of sure. What does his lawyer say?

Yes i already have all of it and still need to wait again cuz we might change the address where I'm goin to stay next if its gets complicated.

Hold on, a court martial means your hubby is in the military right?

Yup.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

His income will probably be too low, they usually forfeit pay when incarcerated military-style, so you will need a co-sponsor.

FYI, a military member who is incarcerated due to court martial is still a member of the military while serving time. They are usually either reduced in rank or made to forfeit pay during the incarceration (or both). He could also simply be discharged from the military in a variety of ways: less-than-honorable, dishonorable, etc. No matter what happens it sound like he will be without income.

Pls need some advise. ??

What is he charged with?

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Timeline

His income will probably be too low, they usually forfeit pay when incarcerated military-style, so you will need a co-sponsor.

FYI, a military member who is incarcerated due to court martial is still a member of the military while serving time. They are usually either reduced in rank or made to forfeit pay during the incarceration (or both). He could also simply be discharged from the military in a variety of ways: less-than-honorable, dishonorable, etc. No matter what happens it sound like he will be without income.

I have aunt in Oklahoma they say i can stay there. Could it be possible that they can be one of my sponsor? My husbands family (parents) lived in New Jersey. It was so hard for me to think about what we're goin to do. Feelin so depressed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.