Dnoon

Hi, Can my husband stay in US?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe I'm over thinking, but you mentioned you were married, but you never mentioned where you were married? Was it within the US?

I'm not sure if this would affect an AOS, but I would assume so?

As for medical expenses, I got mine done a couple of years ago in Encino, CA for around $315 - I can't believe how much the cost has gone up since then!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great! :) I will follow your help regarding the address. Also just got off the phone and booked a test for Monday in an authorized Civil Surgeon near us. She said it will cost $140 for Physical test and if my husband can't show any immunization records then it will cost around an additional $500 for the vaccination!! I wonder what vaccination he might need without any records. Is that a fare price? Thanks

Thanks for the well wishes!

As for the cost of vaccinations, once you determine which vaccinations you need, please check with your state health department before getting them done by the civil surgeon. The health department is usually a lot cheaper. I find the $500 a bit ridiculous that the civil surgeon wants to charge you.

I needed to have a couple of immunizations done, and I went the to the NY Health Department and I paid $40 for both of them. I just provided the civil surgeon with a record of the shots the NY health dept. gave me and he noted it on the I-693.

04/25/2009: First Met and not long after began a long distance relationship.

10/27/2012: Married

12/20/2013 Most recent US Entry. Two week visit intended - decided to switch from consular processing to AOS after change in circumstances.

I-130 - See my profile for detailed info

AOS

02/05/2014: I-693 Civil Surgeon Medical Exam

02/28/2014: (00) AOS sent

03/03/2014: (03) AOS received

03/05/2014: (05) NOA date

03/06/2014: (06) Cheques cashed

03/10/2014: (10) Received hardcopy of NOA's

03/17/2014: (17) Received biometrics notice (appt. date 04/07/2014)

03/18/2014: (18) Successful walk-in for biometrics Brooklyn ASC

04/10/2014: (41) AOS E-mail notification status updated to Testing and Interview

04/16/2014: (47) AOS E-mail notification Interview Appointment Notice for May 19, 2014 @ 9:30 a.m.

05/08/2014: (69) EAD card in production e-mail notification

05/14/2014: (75) EAD card mailed and tracking number e-mail notification

05/16/2014: (77) EAD card received and applied for SSN

05/19/2014: (80) AOS Interview at Federal Plaza - approval pending due to I-130 file not transferred to NYC field office from Nebraska!

06/04/2014: (96) Infopass scheduled in order to show approved I-130 notice and attempt to get I-485 approval sped up. IO wasn't at work so left copy of approved I-130 and written case review request.

06/20/2014: (112) Green card was approved.

06/26/2014: (118) Received e-mail/text notification of green card approval and that card was also mailed. Received USPS tracking number at 6:45 p.m. EST.

06/27/2014: (119) Received green card in the mailbox.

ROC

03/22/2016: (00) I-751 package sent

03/23/2016: (01) I-751 package received at CSC

03/28/2016: (07) Rcvd NOA1 that includes 1 yr GC extension

03/31/2016: (10) Rcvd Bio appt notice (appt. date 04/11/2016)

04/05/2016: (15) Early bio walk-in attempt successful

Maybe I'm over thinking, but you mentioned you were married, but you never mentioned where you were married? Was it within the US?

I'm not sure if this would affect an AOS, but I would assume so?

As for medical expenses, I got mine done a couple of years ago in Encino, CA for around $315 - I can't believe how much the cost has gone up since then!

It does not matter where they got married.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! I am living in Denver, CO and just booked my Civil Surgeon appointment for next week. It will cost 110$. If you need any vaccinations/tests beforehand, I recommend going to your local Public Health office. They offer low cost vaccinations/tests on a sliding scale. I had to have a TB test, syphilis test, and one vaccination and the total price was 40$. Good luck!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Great! :) I will follow your help regarding the address. Also just got off the phone and booked a test for Monday in an authorized Civil Surgeon near us. She said it will cost $140 for Physical test and if my husband can't show any immunization records then it will cost around an additional $500 for the vaccination!! I wonder what vaccination he might need without any records. Is that a fare price? Thanks

Go a San Diego county health clinic for the shots. Take that shot record to the C S later. My shots were to cost over 300 but I paid our clinic 23 dollars.

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Thank you Ning, Meagand:)

Just checked the county of San Diego Health Centre website and each vaccination costs only $10 as you said, so booked an appointment for Next week. We had an appointment booked for Monday in our local clinic which we going to reschedule and wait to get the vaccination done here and take the records to Clinic. My husband is 37 years old and he is sure that that he has taken at least 5 or more vaccines in his childhood but he doesn't remember which ones and his doctor in Holland has passed away and we don't think we can get any records since we need to do this asap.

Does County of San Diego Health Centre know which vaccines are required for immigration Health exams? Thanks

The county health clinic won't know what you need. The CS exam takes place over a few days, so you can go to the first appointment, get a list of vaccines you need from the CS, then go the the country health clinic and bring back the proof of shots to the CS for the exam. Ask them if they accept it first, but that is what we did. In fact, the CS told my husband to go the county health clinic and get a free shot and bring it back to him.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

The county health clinic won't know what you need. The CS exam takes place over a few days, so you can go to the first appointment, get a list of vaccines you need from the CS, then go the the country health clinic and bring back the proof of shots to the CS for the exam. Ask them if they accept it first, but that is what we did. In fact, the CS told my husband to go the county health clinic and get a free shot and bring it back to him.

Harpa your advice makes sense 100% as always. Why didn't I think of it myself? Thanks! :)

My husband has a Drink Driving Conviction (no collision or incident just driving while over limit) back in April 2007 which resulted in - one year driving suspension -fines of around $600 - No point on his driving licence. Reading form I-485 instructions it says he needs original or certified copy of the arrest record but in the Form I-485 itself on the Yes or No questions 1.a it says excluding traffic violations.

Do you know which one is correct to follow? And if this is going to delay or refuse his case? Thanks

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Harpa your advice makes sense 100% as always. Why didn't I think of it myself? Thanks! :)

My husband has a Drink Driving Conviction (no collision or incident just driving while over limit) back in April 2007 which resulted in - one year driving suspension -fines of around $600 - No point on his driving licence. Reading form I-485 instructions it says he needs original or certified copy of the arrest record but in the Form I-485 itself on the Yes or No questions 1.a it says excluding traffic violations.

Do you know which one is correct to follow? And if this is going to delay or refuse his case? Thanks

Harpas advice is good but I disagree about the clinics not knowing which shots to have because in that area they are very experienced with immigrants.

The DUI was in the USA or Holland? Either way it wont cause a denial. In Calif for example the first DUI is considered a misdemeanor I believe. If it was in San Diego the court house at 221 W Broadway may be able to help find the documents.

Timeline

It was in Holland back in 2007. According to Holland law an individual doesn't need to enclose his/her Drink Driving convictions if 4 years is passed. They call is a being Spent, So let’s say if an employer or other government agencies ask you about your previous Drink Driving offences after 5 years from the date that happened you can easily and legally not to mention it, But my understanding from reading these forms is that my husband needs to admit and provide a copy of the Court Record no matter how many years is past.

You are correct, you need to provide a certified copy of the court record. I also had to provide a record of having served my probation. When you get the certified copy, get several - you will need them at the ROC and citizenship stages, also.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Timeline

You are correct, you need to provide a certified copy of the court record. I also had to provide a record of having served my probation. When you get the certified copy, get several - you will need them at the ROC and citizenship stages, also.

Hi ValerieA :) Thanks for the help. He is aware of how to get certified copy of the court record but can you tell me more about providing a record of having served probation and what it is, where should he get it? IS the Court Record showing the convection and a recent police record showing that it was only one time Drink Driving not enough for the case? Thanks

Hi ValerieA :) Thanks for the help. He is aware of how to get certified copy of the court record but can you tell me more about providing a record of having served probation and what it is, where should he get it? IS the Court Record showing the convection and a recent police record showing that it was only one time Drink Driving not enough for the case? Thanks

Did he have to serve any kind of probation, or take an alcohol awareness class? Those things were required in Canada, and I just got a letter from my probation officer that I had completed it. Unfortunately, I only got two copies, darnit, and now that I am filing citizenship I need to get another one.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.