mota bhai

Horror in Sweden! All 30 girls in one school class have been genitally mutilated!

99 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Even if none of it is true, it's a good way to life. Difficult, but good. The earth would be a much better place if people did love one another, forgave each other and didn't judge each other. Impossible to do do, but it would be utopia.

That's a perspective thing. Should you love your neighbor? Of course. Should you be allowed to beat your slave to an inch of death and that be ok? No. But we're not allowed to update it as our understanding of individual liberties evolves. So we're stuck. Most people are already ignoring the inconvenient parts of the bible anyway. But ask them if we can take the parts they're ignoring out. Yeah right.

That's not really what he is saying. What he means, is that in his opinion religion plays the major role in keeping people from progressing forward in their treatments of each other. For example, religion seems to promote the idea that homosexuality is a sin. If ou believe that, then you can't treat homosexuals as equals to heterosexuals, it's simply impossible. That is a backwards perspective on homosexuality.

We should treat everyone equally, easy for me to say, just about impossible to do. I don't believe that Jesus would condemn a person based on their sexuality, but what do I know? From what I have read, the Man preached love and forgiveness. Don't judge others. Don't cry for justice and then expect mercy for yourself. Using religion to bash or persecute homosexuals is nonsense, IMO. If you believe in God in the manner which Christianity teaches, man isn't the judge of right or wrong on these issues. Sex outside of marriage carries the same weight as same sex relations. Drunkeness, gluttony, etc are all listed as equal sins. So I condemn someone for being gay, while I cheat on my wife and get drunk every night. And that's about what a lot of religions do. I wish I could always accept people for who and what they are and not judge them or compare their flaws to my own and conclude that my flaws aren't as bad as theirs.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

That's a perspective thing. Should you love your neighbor? Of course. Should you be allowed to beat your slave to an inch of death and that be ok? No. But we're not allowed to update it as our understanding of individual liberties evolves. So we're stuck. Most people are already ignoring the inconvenient parts of the bible anyway. But ask them if we can take the parts they're ignoring out. Yeah right.

I'm really just talking about the teachings of Jesus. Jesus doesn't teach us violence toward one another. I'm not really up on Islam and other religions. I take what is written in the Christian Bible and look at in the context of the time frame in which it was written. What was written about Jesus and what he taught would stand today as non violent and non judgmental.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm really just talking about the teachings of Jesus. Jesus doesn't teach us violence toward one another. I'm not really up on Islam and other religions. I take what is written in the Christian Bible and look at in the context of the time frame in which it was written. What was written about Jesus and what he taught would stand today as non violent and non judgmental.

That's good. But it would be nice if those outdated parts could be officially taken out. But they can't, there in lies part of the problem.

That's good. But it would be nice if those outdated parts could be officially taken out. But they can't, there in lies part of the problem.

I can't think of much that the New Testament has in it that is outdated. There's nothing about wife beating or killing your enemies in the name of God in what Jesus taught. The servant and slave verses are reflective of what was common at the time the author wrote the scripture.And let's be realistic, nobody followed Jesus with a tape recorder and did a verbatim transcript of what he said. The Gospels were each tailored to a specific group, hence the different styles, etc. But the core message is consistent.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I can't think of much that the New Testament has in it that is outdated. There's nothing about wife beating or killing your enemies in the name of God in what Jesus taught. The servant and slave verses are reflective of what was common at the time the author wrote the scripture.And let's be realistic, nobody followed Jesus with a tape recorder and did a verbatim transcript of what he said. The Gospels were each tailored to a specific group, hence the different styles, etc. But the core message is consistent.

Imagining you in a priest's outfit , now!

:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I think it is a stupid tradition.

What is most surprising is that women who have been FGM still choose to do this to their daughters......so that makes me wonder.....how bad can it really be? Maybe the media overhypes it?

Why would mothers who love their daughters take them to be cut?

Here is a little quote from some article i googled.

Everything changed for Lali when she was 11 years old. One morning, her mother told her, quite casually, that they were to visit another Somali girl, whom she liked.

"I thought I was just going to play with my friend, so I was happy," Lali says quietly, avoiding eye contact.

Soon after she arrived at the friend's anonymous council house, however, cold reality dawned. In fact, Lali's mother had secretly joined together with several other women to pay for a "cutter" to travel to London from Mogadishu to circumcise their daughters.

"They believed it had to be done, otherwise we would never get a husband,' Lali shrugs.

What happened next was like a scene from medieval times. Her mother, other female relatives and family friends suddenly grabbed Lali and grappled her to the floor. Then, on cue, the strange woman came in, like a torturer with her bag of implements.

"They held me down, and when the woman began cutting I screamed, so my friend's sister put her hand tightly over my mouth," she says. "I had known her and these other women all my life, and now they were doing ... this."

The cutting often results in life-threatening complications such as septicaemia, haemorrhaging or cysts, but in this respect Lali was fortunate. Outwardly, at least, she quickly recovered and returned to school, too frightened and ashamed to tell her teachers and friends about her ordeal.

However, the legacy of the atrocity inflicted on her when she was 11 years old will always remain. When a marriage is arranged for her, sex will be a painful duty to be endured.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-505796/The-unspeakable-practice-female-circumcision-thats-destroying-young-womens-lives-Britain.html#ixzz35EMGG8GR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

V

I think it is a stupid tradition.

What is most surprising is that women who have been FGM still choose to do this to their daughters......so that makes me wonder.....how bad can it really be? Maybe the media overhypes it?

Why would mothers who love their daughters take them to be cut?

Here is a little quote from some article i googled.

Why? So her daughter(s) can get married.

This tradition - and it has nothing to do with religion - is a man thing. It's men who want wives that have been cut. Make no mistake about that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Female genital mutilation exposed in Swedish class

Published: 20 Jun 2014

When school breaks up for the summer holidays the risk of being exposed to the surgery increases for many Swedish girls due to the prospect of visits to their parents' home countries.

So it's more a problem

with the foreign students

and not the indigenous Swedish population.

Got it!

Maybe these are female students from Africa? since genetic mutilation still practiced there.

and yes, after reading the article on the url,

I'll posit even further:

This is an African Problem. If Sweden stopped allowing Africans into Sweden - they not have this problem next year.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I think we can take it as read that Sweden is well aware that it could close its borders to these female students should it choose, to, I think we can also take it as read that they want to expose the issue rather than simply sweep it under the carpet and for that I applaud Sweden :thumbs:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think we can take it as read that Sweden is well aware that it could close its borders to these female students should it choose, to, I think we can also take it as read that they want to expose the issue rather than simply sweep it under the carpet and for that I applaud Sweden :thumbs:

Female genital mutilation is illegal in Sweden with a four year sentence - it is also illegal to remove a girl form the country to have it done. They put these girls through an examination (clearly, since they know exactly how many) and did what? Nothing? No arrests, no repercussions.. Nothing to keep it from happening again.. Sweden's job is not to expose the problem, they have the job of doing something about it.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Female genital mutilation is illegal in Sweden with a four year sentence - it is also illegal to remove a girl form the country to have it done. They put these girls through an examination (clearly, since they know exactly how many) and did what? Nothing? No arrests, no repercussions.. Nothing to keep it from happening again.. Sweden's job is not to expose the problem, they have the job of doing something about it.

Do you believe the mutilation occurred in Sweden? I highly doubt it. If it did not, I am not sure exactly what they could do about it. Perhaps you could provide an answer?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .