Sainkris

Education

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi everybody

One of my happiest day hade to be the day I find out that I was one of the DV2015 for further processing. So the first thing we did was to find a lawyer that could help us with our process.

Now for my question: I hope that somebody can give some help about the Education requirement.

I have a 2 year education as a fashion designer and before that 1 year of pre course for fashion and design.

and 1 year og site-builder/ DTP internet employee. ( I have diplomas for all of them)

I lost my high school diploma and they can`t find it at the school it look like i`s lost :crying: :crying: :crying:

the lawyer advice my do fill the DS260 without the high school and sign that.

I also have work experience but it doesn't qualify.

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hi everybody

One of my happiest day hade to be the day I find out that I was one of the DV2015 for further processing. So the first thing we did was to find a lawyer that could help us with our process.

Now for my question: I hope that somebody can give some help about the Education requirement.

I have a 2 year education as a fashion designer and before that 1 year of pre course for fashion and design.

and 1 year og site-builder/ DTP internet employee. ( I have diplomas for all of them)

I lost my high school diploma and they can`t find it at the school it look like i`s lost :crying: :crying: :crying:

hi sainkris, it looks like we are in the same boat,

but, in education requirement is clear enough that applicant should have high school certificate , i guess, sound like that (could be wrong or could be right) so, i my case, i lost too my HSC, but i came to my high school to ask copy of that, and usually, school had a records, and lucky me, even its more then 10 years ago, school still have it and give me a copy and a paper of statement from school that mention i lost the certificate,

and i hope, Consular will not doubt about my HSC

Spoiler

2009 = started to learn for DV visa

2010 = missed the chance, due to stay in the jungle,,seriously :cry:

2011 = missed the chance, due to work activity, too busy :crying:

2012 = started to learn again, and tried to apply DV visa, but finally not selected, and realize that i put with wrong background picture. failed to understand the requirement. :oops:

Spoiler

01/10/2013 = applied for DV visa, with fully sure that picture is exactly same what website asked.

01/05/2014 = website was down due to high traffic

03/05/2014 = check for DV winner, finally it shows congratulation, you have been selected for,,,,

26/07/2014 = submitted form DS 260.

15/08/2014 = got 2nd letter notification

27/09/2014 = medical check up done

15/10/2014 = got interview with US embassy, but case is pending

09/11/2014 = resubmit additional document

10/12/2014 = got email from US embassy to hand over all the passport

11/12/2014 = DV visa granted and printed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------.............................

Spoiler

15/01/2015 = paid for immigration fee

16/03/2015 = landed safety in USA, POE = los angeles (LA)

31/03/2015=went back to home country

26/05/2015=come back to LA without plastic GC

28/05/2015=visited in person to SSA office, they claimed that SSN was sent already by immigration, SSA office made for replacement

04/06/2015=SSN in hand

09/06/2015=make ID

09/07/2015= GC in hand for 10 years 

.................................................................................................................

01/30/2020= Submit N400

01/31/2020=NOA1

02/07/2020= Got letter for Bio metric finger print 

02/20/2020= appointment for finger print (nice date)

01/14/2021= got notification for set up interview,,hiks hiks don't know when ?

02/24/2021 = interview date and pass 

02/24/2021 : checked my USCIS account and it said Oath ceremony notice was mailed to my address. 

03/26/2021 : the oath ceremony is done 😁😁 and got a certificate of us naturalization, 

Timeline

I think that you are safe thank god!! that the school had find you.

but my school can't find nothing on me is 24 years ago I finish high school

I send a copy of my diplomas to my lawyer and this is what he write back:

(Your education is more than sufficient and should not create a problem. )

But is still make me nervous if I don't find my high school diploma

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

the first thing we did was to find a lawyer that could help us with our process.

Get rid of the lawyer. They don't know anything about Diversity Visas. You're seriously wasting your money. The forums here (and the big forum elsewhere) are full of experts.

Even immediately his advice is terrible. Using Work Experience is very difficult. Don't do it unless you absolutely have to.

Get your high school diploma. I don't believe that a country like Sweden won't have a record of your High School Diploma. I'm Australian and we can order them from the Education Department online.

Call up the Swedish Education department, google their web site etc.

Filed: Other Timeline

I hate to tell you this but the lawyer is not being clear enough with you. You will be taking a risk if you try to qualify through your other diplomas simply because some diplomas and/or degrees can be obtained without having a high school diploma and therefore, some case officers insist on having a high school diploma or its equivalent. You still have enough time. My advise is, hold on to submitting your DS-260, try to find a way to retrieve your high school diploma or even get a confirmation from your school to confirm that you have been awarded a high school diploma.

Another thing, believe me, you do not need a lawyer. People on this forum as well as another forum http://forums.immigration.com/forums/lottery-visas-dv.119/ have been extremely helpful and offer professional advise except that they don't charge you for it.

Timeline

Thank you sam416

I have already sign my DS260

But I am still trying to get hold on my high school diploma so I have it for the interview.

I don't know if I gone have success to get it from the schools or from other education institutes

Agree 100% with gulkan and Sam

Ditch the lawyer and get a copy of your high school diploma

Please check o*net because I do not think your work experience meets the requirements for DV -must be job zone 4 or 5 and SVP >7. You are not clear what your actual work experience is just the diplomas - which do not prove anything for DV - so I can't check for you. The dvselectee page where it tells you to confirm eligibility explains how to check.

And again please stop wasting money on a lawyer who doesn't know what he's taking about.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

Hi SusieQQQ

thank you for your respond

I know that my work exspirient don't qualified ( lab assistent )

I am still trying to get a copy of my diploma but nobody can find info.

About me :( I have one more education system to call and I hope that I

Can get a paper that say that I finish high school

I hope that the immigration will accept that as a proof

I will more that gladly dish my lawyer but I am a scare that he will do something

To sabotage my case he already have all my info.

I live in Sweden he in New York I don't even know why he want so much money for

He just answer some question I hade And to be sure that it was correct I had to call

KCC to get it confirmed.

His is my biggest dream I ever had so I don't want to lose it

Hi SusieQQQ

I will more that gladly dish my lawyer but I am a scare that he will do something

He just answer some question I hade And to be sure that it was correct I had to call

KCC to get it confirmed.

How can your lawyer possibly sabotage your case?? You are doing consular processing right?

If your lawyer has made any threats or implied he will sabotage your case you need to tell both KCC and the US Consulate in your country about this - there are probably other avenues but so that you have peace of mind. If he hasn't made or implied any threats and you are just being over-anxious, just stop using him. The fact that he has already given you incorrect information is more than enough reason, if he asks for one.

Now: you NEED to get a copy of your high school diploma or other acceptable evidence that you have completed high school. You will NOT get a visa without it. So focus on that.

Filed: Timeline

Hi SusieQQQ

KCC to get it confirmed.

Just like others have already told you, ditch that lawyer like a hot potato, right away! Big mistake hiring him in the first place considering the fact that you're doing CP and the lawyer is the US based. This lawyer obviously knows next to nothing about the DV process.

There's nothing the lawyer can do to jeopardize your case. This is the United States, not some backwards country, lawyers' actions are regulated, ok? People hire and fire their lawyers all the time without the lawyers going after them. They don't have such power!

Timeline

KCC to get it confirmed.

Sainkris. I feel you are intimidated by bureaucracy so I'm going to give you some ideas.

Try asking your school to print you a new one. Schools elsewhere in the world do this. Even if they lost your original if they know you graduated then I don't see why they wouldn't. If they don't co-operate go to the school reception and ask them in person and ask to speak to the principal. Explain the situation and how desperate you are. Be nice.

What year did you graduate? Was if before or after computers?

* Also ask your mother if she has a copy.

If you're scared of your lawyer, let him down with a white lie. Tell him you can't afford it and you'll try doing it yourself. Do it by email and don't talk on the phone. You're not breaking up with a girlfriend, he's only upset about not getting your money.

Do you have your case number and DV Selection letter?

Timeline

I just got a email from the school today :) that the will give me a confirmation letter that say that I went to school from 79-89. (In Denmark the high school is 1-9 grade ). I hope that it will be sufficient.

I already sign the DS-260 form ( last week ) and got my confirmation number , how can I go back at ad my high school on or is the no chance to do that now.

Em I gone be disqualified or do I have a chance to show it on the interview.

Timeline

Hi SusieQQQ

Thank you for your quick response and your help without your advise I will only have had a paper that say that i attended

So I just call my school now and the change it so it sad that I had completed.

I am so happy now :-D

Thank you SusieQQQ

Timeline

Hi SusieQQQ

Thank you for your quick response and your help without your advise I will only have had a paper that say that i attended

So I just call my school now and the change it so it sad that I had completed.

I am so happy now :-D

Thank you SusieQQQ

The word "Graduated" is better.

You can still change your DS-260. Email the KCC and they can unlock it for you but you should be ok as-is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.