Sainkris

Education

18 posts in this topic

Hej fellow dansker!

Did it all work out?

I'm in NY, came here on a F-1 visa and have done the greencard lottery for two years. Well, my boyfriend finally proposed, we got married and now waiting for change of status and my greencard.

Just curious what happened further on in your case. Any school should be able to make an official copy of your graduation papers. Even if it's been longer since you finished. I hope it didn't cost you too much of a headache!

AOS from F-1, maintaining status

August 2010 was introduced to each other during a visit in NY.
01/14/2012: Arrived at JFK with F-1 visa with the intention of studying for three years, and then do OPT. Intention was not to get married!
Yet, almost five semesters as a full-time international student later he proposed ...

04/07/2014: Married in Queens, NY

06/26/2014: I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 and supporting documents sent to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Priority.

06/30/2014: USPS states delivery happened 6:50 am.

07/07/2014: Received NOA of I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765 dated 07/02. --- What a great 3-month anniversary gift!

07/15/2014: Received Biometrics appointment scheduled 07/31, in Long Island City.

07/31/2014: Biometrics done. Process took 45 minutes. 99% was waiting time. Awesome people working there. Good experience!

08/06/2014: Case i-485 updated to Testing & Interview on uscis.gov - - Yay!

08/29/2014: Updates on I-765, card in production as well as I-131.

09/04/2014: Update on I-485, interview scheduled for October 10th, 2014.
09/08/2014: Received combo-card. Went straight to Social Security office to get SSN.
09/15/2014: Received Social security card in mail.
10/10/2014: Interview at Long Island City. Took no more than 10 minutes. Was simple, normal questions. Was approved on spot.

ROC

10/07/2016: USPS stated I-751 was delivered. Also sent in fee waiver request.
10/19/2016: Got everything back, with denied fee waiver. They misspelled my name. Makes me wonder if they even read my application. My name is all over the papers.
10/25/2016: Sent in ROC (I-751) again, with USPS.

10/29/2016: I-751 delivered again.
11/2/2016: Checks cashed
12/16/2016: Biometrics done in LIC, Queens.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hey BM2014

Yes I got my paper where it say that I have completed it. they couldn't find my transcript is look like the lost it. ?

I had so many problem to get it I called undervisnings ministerat ,skoleforvaldning and many more but Thanks god that I have it now. I hope it will be enough ?

Edited by Sainkris

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Without the HS diploma, it doesn't seem to me that you qualify, so the lawyer was giving you very bad advice.

From your last post I assume that you got it eventually. Good luck!

Born in Romania, been living in the US since 2007 (F1 visa)

F1 visa 2007-2011, 2011-2016 - OPT received August 25, 2014

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number EU30,7xx - Interview estimate: May/June 2015 (?) - Might try to do AOS though it looks like it might be worse this year

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.