The Nature Boy

The who should be Mod and Mod Issues Thread

1,238 posts in this topic

ETA: I can't think of anything anyone here could post that would offend me. It's a message board. If someone gets offended by something someone posts that they've never met, then I'd say it's the person that claims to be offended who has the problem.

Werd!! :thumbs:

Reading this thread is like stumbling into a desolate bar where a handful of regulars don't realize the bar closed 6 hours ago. I feel nauseous.

Pretty good analogy Steven. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Edit: I agree that any type of debate should have some disagreement, that's what makes it a debate. But Danno was never swayed by anything I or anyone else said about black or gay people. Yet, he'd want to talk about every day. What's the point if neither side is going to budge? It's like trying to talk about race with any of the usual suspects here.

Everyone has their positions, including you. It's doubtful that anyone's opinions are going to be swayed by this forum, although I don't look at old Georgia rednecks with as much suspicion I used to. So maybe there is some value here.

Reading this thread is like stumbling into a desolate bar where a handful of regulars don't realize the bar closed 6 hours ago. I feel nauseous.

This is the morning shift.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Everyone has their positions, including you. It's doubtful that anyone's opinions are going to be swayed by this forum, although I don't look at old Georgia rednecks with as much suspicion I used to. So maybe there is some value here.

Yes, but my mind can be/has been changed by what I encountered here. I've learned some things here, so I take that with me in the real world.

I'll be off the clock by 1600, then the night shift can take over.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, in that case:

cat-eating-pizza-o.gif

Since you're referring to me, I was quite impartial in making that statement. I called it like I saw it. But we both know that the intentional disruption is your act here, so why get offended? You post as you do to get the reaction you got from me. I gave an honest opinion, how could I be any more fair minded? I have no vendetta against you or anyone else here. I even invited Harpa or anyone else here to offer constructive criticism since I only post boring things that nobody is interested in. I thought that was fair too. I'm always willing to listen to both sides of the story.

And I don't think they are taking nominations for mods, I think they will sort it out on their own and choose who they feel is the best choice whether you, I or anyone else agrees or disagrees. The members here are just voicing their opinions on candidates to have a bit of fun. I know I got a kick out of reading this thread and participating in it. And I listed a few who I thought would be good for the job. I'm sure your idea of fair and impartial is someone who thinks like you and agrees with you.

You are korecct. This thread is like sitting around talking about, what you would do if you won the lottery. It's fun but means nothing.

P.S. They gave you an ignore button for a reason . Presto threadis innterptuis fixed

Because Danno was slick enough to stay within the TOS most of the time. But fair? Never that.

Not liking gay people was one thing, but basically calling all gay people pedophiles, rapists, or comparing homosexuality to beastiality, that's a bit more than unpopular opinion. He would never say it to your face, he'd just bring up a bunch of charts and stats to think out loud what that looks like and let you connect the dots. If you figured it out, you couldn't say anything because he'd never actually say it, just post a bunch of data and hide behind it.

As far as black people goes, it went way beyond the inner collapse of black people. Every single post was black people suck. Good things never happen within the black community according to him. That was his stance. Post a positive story, he'd find a loophole to drag it down. Talk about solar panels(I can't let this go) black people are poor. Some black kid gets accepted to all Ivy league schools with a monster SAT score? That's AA for you, he can't be that smart or he's average. That's how he felt about us. Racism didn't exist, unless it was us against them, or it's "justified".

He might have been banned for the topic he put up last. He was on his I can't stand the way black people act rant when he was asked to stay on topic since the OP had nothing to do with black people. So he went and found a seven year article written by a black man on black culture. He was ready to have a field day. That was the last I saw of him.

exactly

Here's my take on him. As a black man, I don't mind having a discussion about black people or race in general. The issue lies within this word, discussion. With Danno, if the topic was black people or gays, there was no discussion. It was a one sided conversation about what was wrong with either one of us. Danno's mindset was concrete about gay people and black people. Nothing could change it, not facts, not life experiences, nothing but youtube videos and articles that highlight the worst in us was his solace. And there were a few times he took shots at me for being black, but nothing I hadn't heard before so I didn't report him.

Edit: I agree that any type of debate should have some disagreement, that's what makes it a debate. But Danno was never swayed by anything I or anyone else said about black or gay people. Yet, he'd want to talk about every day. What's the point if neither side is going to budge? It's like trying to talk about race with any of the usual suspects here.

and Marvin you are just as far to the other extreme. So many of your posts are about how the white man is repsoible for everything wrong in the black community today or you post some example of racism or what you think is racism, as if to say it's universal. You guys are two sides of the same coin.

Not saying that to be critical, heck I have learned a few things. I am just saying you are as far to an extreme as Danno, but you are also polite and respectful and stay with the tOS. I respect your opinions and would probably be in the middle somewhere.

My only point is that Danno was guilty of nothing but having outdated, unpopular opinions.

Global warming will kill us all in 2 years

There better ?

If you found that bar so nauseous why didn't you leave wen it closed. just saying

Pretty good analogy Steven. :lol:

but oddly 6 hours later you both are hanging around. I don't read threads that make me sick

Thats cause we act real slow to disarm you, then pick your pocket when you let your guard down LOL

Truth.

You are both correct, all the while you seem to leave out the fact this is still a private forum and in a way, as Kathryn (?) explained in another thread, it is gauged and evaluated by its content. Private forums are not vehicles for free speech, thence the very existence of moderators.

Danno's opinions were not simply unpopular and outdated, so much as they were full or prejudice for specific groups. In this sense, his opinions were as unpopular and outdated as those found on Mein Kampf. Had he stayed compliant to the TOS which regulate this forum, he would still be here, but IMHO his ship sailed when his every thread was about the same subjects. Anyone unfamiliar with this forum might be forgiven for getting the wrong idea if a internet search revealed an association between this site and countless posts containing objectionable speech - in 2014 America - by one of its members.

How much room would a fundamentalist christian, in his own home, give to an atheist who took the floor to proselytize about its views on religion?

How much leeway would you give, in your own home, to sexually charged innuendo, during a children's party?

How much welcoming would you be to a KKK member testifying endlessly in your church?

Free speech is certainly nice, but it only really works well when coupled with sense of occasion, and some of the allegedly banned members lacked the latter.

Well you are korrect also. In the end it is a private forum. So we all basically agreed Danno got nuked for his opinions not because of TOS.

Comparing his opinions to Mein Kampf is a bit of stretch