edgarmanzo0916

Approved AOS with NO INTERVIEW!!!! Finally!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ members and visitors I'm pleased to announce that today we FINALLY

received my wife's NOA welcoming and indicating that her AOS applucation has been approved for permanent residence. It also states her A# which she has had since her K1 visa was approved. We our both very excited since we have waited a loooooong time for this moment. Even more excited since she got approved with no interview. We assume that it is because she came in with a K1 they had a lot more of our information that they bargained for. It was a longer than usual wait time. If you see our timeline. We bothered USCIS so much. Calling and calling and made an info pass appointment because we saw no movement in the check my status portion of the uscis.gov website. But it is finally here. I'd like to thank each and every member in these forums. As each provided a lot of useful tips and suggestions throughout this long process. We know it's not over yet as we have to wait for her green card, it says 30 days, but most say it is received within 7 days. The journey continues ...It is conditional for 2 years and we have to remove conditions a few months before it expires. Hoping we get the 10 year afterward and finally citizenship after 10 years. Thank you all!

Congrats on your approval! You can apply for citizenship on her 3rd year being LPR. Don't need to wait 10 years but of course you can do it 10 years if you want.

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Wow! Awesome news! I checked your timeline. It was indeed a long wait for you guys, but it all went through finally... Congrats! :dancing:

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you so much it means a lot. I'm honestly relieved. All the information I obtained for her K1, AOS, EAD, was gathered from here. I feel anyone can do it. No need to pay extra $$$ to have it done for you. I felt from the beginning it was unnecessary to pay a lot of money to have someone do it for us. We both did it on our very own. VJ is a great website I can't thank it enough.

I was unaware you can apply for USC right away. See this is a great example why it's great.

Yes sweet cakes a loooooong way since K1. Thank you!

Thank you sir daniel

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Family-based AOS to Family-based AOS Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Congrats on your approval! You can apply for citizenship on her 3rd year being LPR. Don't need to wait 10 years but of course you can do it 10 years if you want.

This is not correct, you need to file I-751 to remove condition 2 year later.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

This is not correct, you need to file I-751 to remove condition 2 year later.

Oops, I miss a step there. Ya, need to remove condition 2 years later and then can file for citizenship on the 3rd year. I stand corrected.

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

So happy for you! Funny enough, I had been waiting to hear from USCIS for my adjustment of status, and I started to worry. Today I filed an e-request to check in about the status of my case, and half an hour after I filled in the request I got a letter in the mail saying my case is a potential interview waiver case (as you said you received), and that it will be probably another 6 months until my AOS is approved (due to some sort of workload unrelated to my case). I am so relieved! Hopefully I also don't have to do the interview. Fingers crossed and congrats again to you!

01/24/2015: Green Card / 2 Year Permanent Resident Card received.

12/05/2016: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions.

12/24/2016: NOA1 received. 

01/09/2017: Biometrics Appointment.

11/10/2017: I-751 approval letter received (No Interview Required)!!

11/30/2017: 10yr Green Card produced & mailed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.