6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My husband recieved his interview date in the mail recently but when we checked the case status online is says the interview is cancelled. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What became of it? Is it a good idea to set up an appointment with the local immigration center to get some straight answers?

75d3fe5d-a5ae-444e-9bfd-153e5d79ff5a_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you haven't received anything in the mail advising you about the cancellation, then I would proceed as if the interview is still scheduled. There are many legitimate reasons why an interview may be cancelled - anything from the adjudicator involved going away on holidays to your physical file not yet transferred to the location, or still waiting for security checks to be finished. There have been previous cases, however, where a couple has been notified that their interview was cancelled and then they received notification that the petition was denied due to failure to show up for the scheduled interview! They had delays where they had to appeal the decision to get a new interview date, proving that it was USCIS' error and not theirs that led to their non-attendence. The left hand of USCIS doesn't always let the right hand know, so unless it is a very difficult proposition for you to get to the interview, attend it as if you had not heard of the cancellation, unless you actually get something in writing. The worst is that they will tell you the interview was cancelled and it will be rescheduled; the best is that you will be interviewed that day.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Yes! I got two letters from uscis the same day, one to schedule an interview and one to cancel the same interview! After 10 days I got another letter scheduling new date. Still wondering if we should go to the first date scheduled...

Where is your interview suppose to happen?

@Indicatio The last letter is your interview appointment. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Thank you NancyNguen!

I'm just afraid because I read all this horror stories online that if you don't show up on the first interview you'll get denied because of not attending it! Did you have similar experience?

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks everyone. He recieved his rescheduled interview date but we're waiting on the official letter. It's scheduled for a couple days later. My mom seems to think its because the fourth of July. Either way it doesn't matter because he is getting his interview, and he'll probably recieve his EAD on Monday. Life seems to be picking up for the both of us!

75d3fe5d-a5ae-444e-9bfd-153e5d79ff5a_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.