second stage

N-400 JUNE 2014 Filers

1,745 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

Thank you very much for your advice and i will try that to see cause i really want to be done with that naturalization process .. Thanks again

Good luck! Keep us posted.

I don't want your suffering! I don't want your future!
I have neither legal training nor immigration expertise; all comments posted must therefore be consumed in that vein.

My Naturalisation Timeline (Last updated: 7th August, 2014)

29-MAR-14: N-400 Application Dispatched to USCIS
30-MAR-14: Eligible to File N-400 Application
31-MAR-14: N-400 Application Received by USCIS
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Dated
31-MAR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Priority Date

04-APR-14: Payment cheque cashed by USCIS
07-APR-14: Online Status - Biometrics Appointment Notice Dispatched
07-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Dated
08-APR-14: I-797C (Notice of Action) Received
14-APR-14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

01-MAY-14: Biometrics Appointment
29-MAY-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Interview Scheduling

06-JUN-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Interview Scheduled
05-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Dated
11-JUN-14: Naturalisation Interview Notice Received

16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Initial Interview - Decision Could Not Be Made
16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Requested to supply specific evidence documentation

17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Follow-up Interview
17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Specific evidence documentation submitted in person during follow-up interview

21-JUL-14: Application for Naturalisation approved

22-JUL-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduling

07-AUG-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduled (Judicial Oath Ceremony)

00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Dated
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Notice Received
00-XXX-14: Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Date
00-XXX-14: US Passport Application Dispatched
00-XXX-14: US Passport Received

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Darth vader Q

I called USCIS 3 times and i talked with a lady and she didn't want to referring me to a higher officer after 10 mns i call again and the lady was nice on the phone and she referred me to the officer and i wait online about 1h:59 mns then i hang up and i call back and i talk to a guy and he put me on hold but instead of waiting for the officer i scheduled with USCIS to call me back when my turn arrived , then i was desperate cause i think USCIS won't call me back and in 64 mns later, my phone rang and i heard my name and the machine said if its correct press 1 and i did then a lady can you spell your last name for me and i did a d she said that she is UCIS officer and i explain her that made a walk in for my finger print but my case still going really slow, honestly she is very nice and she has a spanish accent and she said no problem and she said that she gonna enter to the system and she put me on hold for mns then she told me she saw that my finger print has been taken since july 21, 2014 and she gonna make a request to my field local office to put me in preliminary interview and she said that i will receive a letter for my interview by August 15, 2014 and she said now its time to congratulate you on your way to become a US citizen and i say thank you . I heard her on typing the request, she asked me for my day of birth , my address and she read the request to me on the phone.

I hope that something gonna happen like she said and i am so excited now that i called USCIS today.

I'll keep you up date guy's !!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi all,

My GC anniversary is 08/28, and i did biometric walk in 07/01 , till now 1 month but no update from Uscis for in line interview, so tired for waiting.

What should i do now ?

:( :(

N-400 ( based on 3 years rule )

06/10/2014 : sent the N-400 package

06/13/2014 : package was delivered

06/18/2014 : Check Cashed

06/23/2014 : Notice Date

06/23/2014 : Biometrics letter mailed

07/01/2014: Walk-In Biometrics done

07/17/2014: Biometrics appointment

07/30/2014: received yellow sheet for pre-interview on 08/04

10/20/2014: In line for interview

10/23/2014: scheduled For interview

10/27/2014: received Interview letter

12/02/2014: Interview passed

01/14/2015: US citizen :)

Timeline

Darth vader Q

I called USCIS 3 times and i talked with a lady and she didn't want to referring me to a higher officer after 10 mns i call again and the lady was nice on the phone and she referred me to the officer and i wait online about 1h:59 mns then i hang up and i call back and i talk to a guy and he put me on hold but instead of waiting for the officer i scheduled with USCIS to call me back when my turn arrived , then i was desperate cause i think USCIS won't call me back and in 64 mns later, my phone rang and i heard my name and the machine said if its correct press 1 and i did then a lady can you spell your last name for me and i did a d she said that she is UCIS officer and i explain her that made a walk in for my finger print but my case still going really slow, honestly she is very nice and she has a spanish accent and she said no problem and she said that she gonna enter to the system and she put me on hold for mns then she told me she saw that my finger print has been taken since july 21, 2014 and she gonna make a request to my field local office to put me in preliminary interview and she said that i will receive a letter for my interview by August 15, 2014 and she said now its time to congratulate you on your way to become a US citizen and i say thank you . I heard her on typing the request, she asked me for my day of birth , my address and she read the request to me on the phone.

I hope that something gonna happen like she said and i am so excited now that i called USCIS today.

I'll keep you up date guy's !!!

Moaz,

Congratulations! I'm so glad you were persistent and that you got a definitive answer.

Well done on not letting the Tier I agent intimidate you; it sounds like the Tier II lady was very helpful.

What Can You Do Now?

- Keep checking your USCIS case status online.

From your narration of the conversation you had with the Tier II lady, it sounds as though someone simply dropped the ball on your application

- If you don't receive the interview letter by 15th August, call them back again and attempt to speak to a Tier II agent

It sounds as though you need to be proactive simply because, from what it sounds like, someone/some system is not moving your application along as it should be

- Don't be intimidated by long wait times to speak to a Tier II agent (in the event that to call them again).

From experience, I can tell you that those wait times are almost always over one hour (unless you call them on the dot of 8:00 am local time in your time zone), but the call

back system is also very reliable. The automated system always calls you back when your turn in the queue arrives, and even if you miss the call the first time, the system will

automatically try three more times at ten minute intervals

Good luck!

Edited by Darth Vader Q

I have neither legal training nor immigration expertise; all comments posted must therefore be consumed in that vein.

29-MAY-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Interview Scheduling

16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Initial Interview - Decision Could Not Be Made
16-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview Date - Requested to supply specific evidence documentation

17-JUL-14: Naturalisation Interview - Specific evidence documentation submitted in person during follow-up interview

22-JUL-14: Online Status - Placed in-line for Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduling

07-AUG-14: Online Status - Naturalisation Oath Ceremony Scheduled (Judicial Oath Ceremony)

Timeline

Very normal. Keep waiting.

Hi all,
My GC anniversary is 08/28, and i did biometric walk in 07/01 , till now 1 month but no update from Uscis for in line interview, so tired for waiting.
What should i do now ?
:( :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thanks you a lot for your help and yes, i will keep checking my status on USCIS page and if i don't receive the interview letter by 15th of August 2014 , i will call and try to talk to a tier II again. I'll keep you up date !!

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry about this. A good friend of mine re-scheduled and he got scheduled exactly 7-8 days from the original interview date so it won't hurt to say that you are available after such and such date.

Thanks. I did provide my dates of travel in my letter. I also indicated to reschedule my interview "on or before x date, or on or after x date". I doubt the on or before will happen, but it never hurts to ask :)

I wonder though if I will see a change in status online or get an electronic notification that they have rescheduled my interview or if I will just get a new paper NOA? Since my current status online shows as "APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview", the status won't really change when they schedule a new interview date. Unless they put me back inline first I suppose?

YAP YAP YAP …..FINALLY !!!

On July 30, 2014, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 90 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Filed: Timeline

On July 30, 2014, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the notice within 90 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Congrats..it was time! What is your GC date so we can update the timeline....

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Timeline

goldsus,

You're simply wrong.

While it is true that every N-400 case is unique, there are certain traits that, for the vast majority, are true irrespective of their individuality. Casual observation of previous experiences supports the point second stage is trying to demonstrate (kudos to him for his persistence, by the way) which is that the majority of N-400 applicants are placed in-line for interview scheduling no earlier than 30 days before the relevant anniversary of their "Green Card Date."

This is a useful tidbit of information because, in the March 2014 forum where we followed this discipline fairly studiously for instance, it helps anxious filers manage their expectations of when they can expect to be placed in-line. In fact, I would argue that Moaz benefitted directly from this debate when his case did not follow the expectations laid out by second stage and he took action accordingly. Applicants are generally put in-line for interview scheduling in two waves:

- those who apply well beyond their 90-day eleigibility window and are placed in line almost immediately after completing their bio-metrics appointment and

- those who apply inside their 90-day eligibility window and are held till no earlier than 30 days preceding their "Green Card date" before being placed in-line

Other aspects of the N-400 appliction process that are fairly uniform (contrary to your assertions of highly individualised experiences) are that most people receive their Notices of Action within two weeks of submission, are scheduled for their bio-metrics appointment within two weeks of application acceptance (consistent with USCIS bio-metric scheduling goals), and receive dates for their bio-metrics appointments that are within five weeks of application acceptance.

Like every rule, exceptions will aplpy but those exceptions do not, as you imply, disprove the rule. Just accept the "Green Card Date" column which helps much more than it hurts and does not "mess-up" the formatting. If you have objective evidence that the "Green Card Date" column does not lend additive value to the timelines, by all means, do share it with us.

As I said in my previous posts no one can predict based on green card date, and that's why this column is more confusing and stressful than helpful. Every case is strictly individual. Predicting N-400 case is like playing Black Jack.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats to you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.