doodlebug

Pet Peeves

92 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
When servers don't write my order down.

When servers tell you their name and that they're there to help you out tonight. Duh. And I won't be calling you by name.

Oh seriously. But also: when servers sit in your booth with you to take your order. Gross.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My overall list is long and distinguished:

Missouri tax.....They say it's cheap to live in the midwest? Sales tax is 7.5%

Icey, sleat covered roads, yet people still speed like maniacs.. no wonder there were so many wrecks today.

Customer service people from he!!, can't they find a job as an executioner?

That is the recap for today only.

On the good side, when my wife got her new cell phone, they waived the BS mail in rebate. T-Mobile rocks!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Other Timeline

When servers tell you their name and that they're there to help you out tonight. Duh. And I won't be calling you by name.

Oh seriously. But also: when servers sit in your booth with you to take your order. Gross.

Does this happen at Chili's nationwide or just every single one I've ever been to from Hawaii to NewYork?

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

I have to say gum chewing loudly ... I just cant stand it and have to get away from the person straight away!

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does this happen at Chili's nationwide or just every single one I've ever been to from Hawaii to NewYork?

Hahaha it has been my experience in The Cheesecake Factory among other chains that they do this. One waitress started kvetching about how tired she was and how early she had to be in to work the next morning for training! Hilaire.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Elderly people who consider the grocery store a social meeting place and stand chatting, with their carts completely blocking the aisles. They SEE you come up behind them and keep right on talking. They ignore a polite "excuse me" and keep right on talking. At this point, my husband whispers to me, "Don't you dare hit them with the cart." :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

When your on the phone with someone and they have a hard piece of candy in their mouth and you can hear it clicking on their teeth.

When someone takes a drink of something and slurps.

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Filed: Timeline

Hahaha it has been my experience in The Cheesecake Factory among other chains that they do this. One waitress started kvetching about how tired she was and how early she had to be in to work the next morning for training! Hilaire.

i was at the CF yesterday, this did not happen. BUT she didnt write our orders down either and of course had to come back later to "make sure".

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
i have OCD about clutter, so when someone throws things in piles or clutter, i like freak out and clean it, even if its not my home

Hmm, er . . would you like to come and visit with us sometime? ( :D )

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

1) Dragging feet while walking

2) Chewing with mouth open

3) Talking on the cell phone while driving

4) Imports with that stupid lawnmower sound from the muffler. (Give me a break, it is only a 4 cylinder engine)

5) Staring...I just hate when people stare.

2006-07-01 : I-129F Sent

2006-07-11 : I-129F NOA1

2006-09-18 : I-129F NOA2

2006-10-16 : NVC Left

2006-10-21 : Consulate Received

2006-11-10 : Packet 3 Received

2006-11-11 : Packet 3 Sent

2007-02-14 : Interview!!! OMFG!!!

The views I express here are of my opinion only.

PET PEEVES

When customers come in the store and I say 'Welcome to ........' and they are on their bluetooth phone having a conversation.

When women pull dollars out of their bra

When hubby balls up his dirty socks (honey why do you think I want to stick my fingers in there on laundry day?)

When my car needs gas and it is 25 degrees and snowing

Jackie (F)

Edited by jmagayreh

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

When I JUST finish shoveling out the driveway and a hugeazz plow puts a ton of snow right back into it. :angry:

When the old guy that sits across from me at work actually takes his shoes and socks off and clips his freakin' toenails into the trash basket at work. :huh:

Edited by doodlebug

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

One of my BIG pet peeves is: when my husband leaves his dirty clothes (esp. socks) in the hamper INSIDE OUT. OMG, I want to slap him when he does this. My feeling is, 1) He's never in SUCH a rush that he can't take the 3 extra seconds that are needed to take dirty clothes off in the right way 2) I'm good enough to do the laundry, he can at least be courteous enough not to make me reach my hands into his dirty, sweaty, smelly socks to turn them the right way :angry: I also hate it when he takes his clothes off and just throws them on the floor, inside out, of course. :angry: !!!

Another big pet peeve is anytime uneaten food is left lying around on the plate. Even if you don't actually want to WASH the plate yourself, at least don't let food hopelessly stick to it so the person who does eventually wash the dish has to get out the brillo and scrape residue off.

And finally, and I think I've mentioned this on another pet-peeve thread, but... older women who wear clothes marketed and geared toward high school students. It never makes them look younger or prettier; it's just makes them seem detached from reality. Older women can look so nice (oftentimes much better than their younger counterparts), but since only a few young girls and women really look good in bellyshirts, older women look even worse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------