17 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi people!

We got the NOA1 on May 5th. How long will we wait till the NOA2? What is the next step?

Thank you! :)

What centre did they send you to? Textas or Cali? (Your receipt number will start with 3 letters, that will indicate where you are. If it starts with w, your at Cali)

Texas are taking a solid 5+ months to process to the NOA2. Cali are taking much less. We got approved last week after 12 days at Cali. Big, unfair difference at the 2 centres.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

What centre did they send you to? Textas or Cali? (Your receipt number will start with 3 letters, that will indicate where you are. If it starts with w, your at Cali)

Texas are taking a solid 5+ months to process to the NOA2. Cali are taking much less. We got approved last week after 12 days at Cali. Big, unfair difference at the 2 centres.

Hi! So, they sent me to Cali. Wow, approved in 12 days? I hope I have the same luck as you! One more question: I read in some brazilian blogs that is good I have my Fiancé with me to do the interview. Is that true? Can they deny my visa just because Jason is not there with me?

Edited by Cassia&Jason

Hi! So, they sent me to Cali. Wow, approved in 12 days? I hope I have the same luck as you! One more question: I read in some brazilian blogs that is good I have my Fiancé with me. Is that true? Can they deny my visa just because Jason is not there with me?

Yes, its very fast! you are so lucky to be with Cali! I would say maybe a month, if not sooner. Keep in mind that if it is not approved as quickly you cannot put in a service request until its been 5 months.

I really don't think that it is an issue that your partner is not with you. I think 90% of cases on here don't have their partner in the country with them.

in fact, for us (My partner has lived here in my country with me for the last 6 years) we have been told its HARDER because they need to prove that they can support you, etc.

I'm sure someone else will give you sound advice. But from what I've read here, not many partners are in the same country with their fiancee.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

(PS, Do you know how to check the status of your case online so you can keep unto date?)

Timeline

Yes, its very fast! you are so lucky to be with Cali! I would say maybe a month, if not sooner. Keep in mind that if it is not approved as quickly you cannot put in a service request until its been 5 months.

I really don't think that it is an issue that your partner is not with you. I think 90% of cases on here don't have their partner in the country with them.

in fact, for us (My partner has lived here in my country with me for the last 6 years) we have been told its HARDER because they need to prove that they can support you, etc.

I'm sure someone else will give you sound advice. But from what I've read here, not many partners are in the same country with their fiancee.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

(PS, Do you know how to check the status of your case online so you can keep unto date?)

OMG! This made me very happy! Happy and calm, because I was worrying too much about having Jason with me for the interview. What can I do while I wait for NOA2? Do I have to fill more papers? And yeah, I access uscis.gov! Is that right?

Thank you sooooo much! :D

OMG! This made me very happy! Happy and calm, because I was worrying too much about having Jason with me for the interview. What can I do while I wait for NOA2? Do I have to fill more papers? And yeah, I access uscis.gov! Is that right?

Thank you sooooo much! :D

I'm glad your feeling better about it!

What we have done is arrange out co sponsor (We need one), make sure we have enough evidence of having met (Thats easy given the amount of time we have lived together!) and I've started selling all of our things ready for the move!

Make sure your evidence is telling a story, remember that they person is trying to prove that you are lying (I know this sounds harsh but it helped me find the BEST, STRONGEST evidence)

Things that are date stamped, etc.

I've also spent a lot of time thinking about how I will adjust when I get to the USA. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but the more research I am not getting a little overwhelmed, especially into USA wages, etc I've found that it will be a big change.

Depending on the work you do and the type of degree's (I don't have any) then research the line of work you want to get into. Like for me, i work in HR but don't have a formal qualification. In Australia I'm on a really good wage, but in the states because Im not 'qualified' Ill be on a third of the wage I'm on now so I've had to re think my career path.

Things like searching for houses to buy in different suburbs, picking out furniture, looking at the websites for shops, etc is so much fun for me (Even though its a bit of a dream and won't happen for a long time!!) It just reminds me why we are doing this, how things will be.

So basically now all you have to do is sit back and wait it out!!! We don't think we will hear from the NVC for at least 30 more days so Im just going about my normal routine. Although the NOA2 might come quick it seems like there is a lot more waiting before the interview and at the NVC. Im worried something will go wrong, so far so good though!!

Timeline

I'm glad your feeling better about it!

What we have done is arrange out co sponsor (We need one), make sure we have enough evidence of having met (Thats easy given the amount of time we have lived together!) and I've started selling all of our things ready for the move!

Make sure your evidence is telling a story, remember that they person is trying to prove that you are lying (I know this sounds harsh but it helped me find the BEST, STRONGEST evidence)

Things that are date stamped, etc.

I've also spent a lot of time thinking about how I will adjust when I get to the USA. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but the more research I am not getting a little overwhelmed, especially into USA wages, etc I've found that it will be a big change.

Depending on the work you do and the type of degree's (I don't have any) then research the line of work you want to get into. Like for me, i work in HR but don't have a formal qualification. In Australia I'm on a really good wage, but in the states because Im not 'qualified' Ill be on a third of the wage I'm on now so I've had to re think my career path.

Things like searching for houses to buy in different suburbs, picking out furniture, looking at the websites for shops, etc is so much fun for me (Even though its a bit of a dream and won't happen for a long time!!) It just reminds me why we are doing this, how things will be.

So basically now all you have to do is sit back and wait it out!!! We don't think we will hear from the NVC for at least 30 more days so Im just going about my normal routine. Although the NOA2 might come quick it seems like there is a lot more waiting before the interview and at the NVC. Im worried something will go wrong, so far so good though!!

Aw yeah, he told me about the co sponsor. He found one. The evidence of having met we have too. Emails, pictures, cards, some prints of Skype talks... I bet that moving is a BIG change. But I believe everything will work out for you and for me too!

I am taking journalism classes. I get my degree on July 2015, but I will have to suspend my classes to go to USA to marry. And looking houses is pretty nice! Jason already bought one, he is just waiting for me! This is so nice... You will get your house soon, I believe that.

Please, keep me informed about your status! :)

Don't worry, you will get it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Actually, after all the timelines I have read concerning Texas, 50 days was FAST!

50 days would indeed be fast for TSC (other than Philippines and other expedites). Please do not take this the wrong way, but are you sure you were processed at the TSC? Many people mistakenly believe that they were simply because they mailed their petitions to the Texas Lockbox. Did your file number start with a SRC or WAC? I am asking because I am putting together a color coded map to show where petitions go based on geographical locations and all others I have seen from Michigan have gone to CSC. Thanks in advance and congrats on your speedy approval.

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

50 days would indeed be fast for TSC (other than Philippines and other expedites). Please do not take this the wrong way, but are you sure you were processed at the TSC? Many people mistakenly believe that they were simply because they mailed their petitions to the Texas Lockbox. Did your file number start with a SRC or WAC? I am asking because I am putting together a color coded map to show where petitions go based on geographical locations and all others I have seen from Michigan have gone to CSC. Thanks in advance and congrats on your speedy approval.

There was no option for the Texas Lockbox on the Timeline and I don't know how to do my own timeline on here. I sent it to the Texas Lockbox. It starts with WAC. Hope that helps your map! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

There was no option for the Texas Lockbox on the Timeline and I don't know how to do my own timeline on here. I sent it to the Texas Lockbox. It starts with WAC. Hope that helps your map! :)

It does actually...thanks. You were processed at the California Service Center (CSC).

To update:

1. Click on your profile name in the upper right corner (located next to Sign Out).

2. Select "My Timeline"

3. Next to your photo, Select "Edit/Add Entry"

4. A new screen will appear...Select "Edit Timeline"

5. Look about 9 boxes down (Under USCIS & Consulate Filing Locations) and select the Lewisville, Texas location

6. Next box down is "USCIS Service Center.....select "California Service Center"

7. Below that, select "NOT Transferred"

8. Select US Embassy below that (I am guessing Egypt?)

9. Fill in your NOA dates below that and then scroll all the way to the bottom and on the left hand side, select "Submit Changes"

This accurate information will help the rest of us with out estimates and will be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on your approval and best of luck with the remainder of your journey :)

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It does actually...thanks. You were processed at the California Service Center (CSC).

To update:

1. Click on your profile name in the upper right corner (located next to Sign Out).

2. Select "My Timeline"

3. Next to your photo, Select "Edit/Add Entry"

4. A new screen will appear...Select "Edit Timeline"

5. Look about 9 boxes down (Under USCIS & Consulate Filing Locations) and select the Lewisville, Texas location

6. Next box down is "USCIS Service Center.....select "California Service Center"

7. Below that, select "NOT Transferred"

8. Select US Embassy below that (I am guessing Egypt?)

9. Fill in your NOA dates below that and then scroll all the way to the bottom and on the left hand side, select "Submit Changes"

This accurate information will help the rest of us with out estimates and will be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on your approval and best of luck with the remainder of your journey :)

Ok. I changed it. Had no idea I was processed at the California Service Center lol. I'll be honest I have NO IDEA of the exact date that the NVC received our petition or the exact date that the Embassy received it :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.