yunvanne

work or certificafe

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Dear all folk

Since the dv 2015 require the high school certificate or work experience

Which one should be a big chan for visa submission? If work experience shall we

Show our local job with our company that we currently work ?

Thanks all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you are using work experience in must be in a properly rated job family

n order to determine which occupations qualify for the work experience requirement, the Department of State uses the Department of Labor’s O*Net website at http://www.onetonline.org. There, applicants can look up their occupations to determine whether they are considered specialized enough for the green card lottery.

Winners of the green card lottery without a high school education must hold a position in a Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher. Both the zone number and SVP range can be located on the O*Net summary for the specific occupation.

For example, let’s say your background was as a Construction Carpenter. This is classified on O*Net as a Job Zone 2 occupation with an SVP range of 4.0 to <6.0. Therefore, this occupation will not qualify you for the DV lottery.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Dear all folk

Since the dv 2015 require the high school certificate or work experience

Which one should be a big chan for visa submission? If work experience shall we

Show our local job with our company that we currently work ?

Thanks all

It is much easier usually to show education. All they require is completed high school (equivalent to 12 years school in US). They don't need more than that. Work requirements require a complex set of documents showing you have met the specifications, it's not worth the trouble if you don't have to. They DO NOT "choose" you based on this, as I have tried to explain to you before - it does not increase your chances to show work experience. You have already been selected. All they care about is that you are eligible so they can tick that box and proceed with the application.

Timeline

It is much easier usually to show education. All they require is completed high school (equivalent to 12 years school in US). They don't need more than that. Work requirements require a complex set of documents showing you have met the specifications, it's not worth the trouble if you don't have to. They DO NOT "choose" you based on this, as I have tried to explain to you before - it does not increase your chances to show work experience. You have already been selected. All they care about is that you are eligible so they can tick that box and proceed with the application.

i have graduated high school in my country with grade C so do i have a chance for that ?

i have graduated high school in my country with grade C so do i have a chance for that ?

Grade doesn't matter as long as you passed and it is equivalent to a proper high school graduation - which it sounds like it is. (Examples where it would not be ok are people who leave before 12th grade for example Australians leaving in grade 10 or people from the UK leaving school with just GSCEs and not A-levels, I don't know your system but if you stayed in to the last grade available and passed you should be fine.) Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

Grade doesn't matter as long as you passed and it is equivalent to a proper high school graduation - which it sounds like it is. (Examples where it would not be ok are people who leave before 12th grade for example Australians leaving in grade 10 or people from the UK leaving school with just GSCEs and not A-levels, I don't know your system but if you stayed in to the last grade available and passed you should be fine.)

i have passed it well since AUG, 2000 and i continue my university 4 year more on computer science finish around 2004, and currently i'm working now

and i have concern below

my passport will expired on Sep , 2015 i have extend 1 time already and for my country they allow extend 2 time , so i'm planing to extend 1 more and can be used by 2 more year approximately expired on 2017 , is it fine that we extended passport life and will it late to apply for Ds-260 visa online ? and when will DS-260 close?

i have passed it well since AUG, 2000 and i continue my university 4 year more on computer science finish around 2004, and currently i'm working now

and i have concern below

my passport will expired on Sep , 2015 i have extend 1 time already and for my country they allow extend 2 time , so i'm planing to extend 1 more and can be used by 2 more year approximately expired on 2017 , is it fine that we extended passport life and will it late to apply for Ds-260 visa online ? and when will DS-260 close?

don't worry about the passport expiry. As long as you have a valid one at the interview, I think must have at least 6 months to expiry then or it might be 6 months after you intend to enter - the details will be available somewhere. If the passport is different to when you sent DS260 not a problem they will just update the details.

No closing on DS260 but you obviously need to be aware that they need time to process the forms and schedule an interview. Remember the program closes on Sept 30 2015 or when they have issued the quota of 50000 visas, whichever happens first.

Timeline

don't worry about the passport expiry. As long as you have a valid one at the interview, I think must have at least 6 months to expiry then or it might be 6 months after you intend to enter - the details will be available somewhere. If the passport is different to when you sent DS260 not a problem they will just update the details.

No closing on DS260 but you obviously need to be aware that they need time to process the forms and schedule an interview. Remember the program closes on Sept 30 2015 or when they have issued the quota of 50000 visas, whichever happens first.

thank you very much for your help , i'm planning to process my extend passport next month and i have to do a new passport for my son ( 3.5 year olds) also so it would be fine if i submitted the form during july ?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm planning to file my DS-260 next week. In the mean time, does it ask to fill in education (I have a University degree) OR work experience OR both but since my education is above a Secondary School then they overlook the work experience?

Please advise.

We all Live in a Yellow Submarine...

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody! I am a little bit confused. I also have graduated from high school and passed it, I am also a student at a University. I have two work experiences as well, but each of them took only 3 months. Should I write only my education, or I have to mention all of my working experiences too, even if my education is what makes me qualifying.

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody! I am a little bit confused. I also have graduated from high school and passed it, I am also a student at a University. I have two work experiences as well, but each of them took only 3 months. Should I write only my education, or I have to mention all of my working experiences too, even if my education is what makes me qualifying.

I think it is all about qualifying, it will give me no further chance in being selected if I put my 3 and 3 months long working experience.

In the instructions says the following: "Documentary proof of education or work experience must be presented to the consular officer at the time of the visa interview".

My guess is that I have to fill in only my high school education.
Edited by norbert

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Depending on the embassy and the amount of fraud from the country you may be asked nothing else. I know Nigeria they used to look up sample questions and ask the person to "prove" they had the education they claim.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.