Returning your Green Card because of USCIS error. Form i90

140 posts in this topic

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is going to be fun fun fun.... called the IO again and they still don't have an answer. They will call me with an answer before Oct 31st.....

When are you supposed to do the 2nd biometrics?

Timeline

Its legit coz my previous bio was code 2 and that didn't require a background check. Now since what I did is code 3 they will conduct a background check on me.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

appointment letter received - I do see code 1 on this one. I checked the first notice and that one was code 2 but the person who run the process first time hand wrote code 3...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My wife's Biometric notice has Code 2 in it and was done on Aug 25th. What a mess!

Edited by vkrishn

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Biometrics Codes

Normally, an ASC Biometrics Notice would contain (in the top right area), a field named “Code.” The “Code” field is intended to indicate the type of biometrics processing to be performed. The possible values are:

• Code 1 – fingerprinting only (10 prints);
  • Code 2 – biometrics (photo, signature and index finger);
  • Code 3 – fingerprints (10 prints) and biometrics (photo, signature and index finger).

USCIS has indicated that the applicable code for each biometrics appointment is determined based on the type of an application and certain relevant case factors.

http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2012/01/12/biometrics-codes-and-reusingtransferring-biometrics/

Its an unnecessary delay to entire process

Timeline

Biometrics Codes

Normally, an ASC Biometrics Notice would contain (in the top right area), a field named “Code.” The “Code” field is intended to indicate the type of biometrics processing to be performed. The possible values are:

• Code 1 – fingerprinting only (10 prints);
  • Code 2 – biometrics (photo, signature and index finger);
  • Code 3 – fingerprints (10 prints) and biometrics (photo, signature and index finger).

USCIS has indicated that the applicable code for each biometrics appointment is determined based on the type of an application and certain relevant case factors.

http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2012/01/12/biometrics-codes-and-reusingtransferring-biometrics/

Its an unnecessary delay to entire process

What does fingerprints (10 prints) mean? If its taking the print on all your fingers from both hands, wouldn't they have it from POE or from the consulate where the applicant went for the interview or even from the VAC center from their home country?

Timeline

The Immigration contact at my congressman's office just mailed me on Friday asking if everything was OK with immigration (Election time i guess :-)) and i replied back to her with the mess that USCIS had created with GC. She told me she will check with USCIS on my case and get back soon and for checking with USCIS she told me it generally takes about 15-20 days for them to respond.

Lets see how that goes.

Hello,

Not sure if anyone has any info. or can help me out. I petitioned for my husband 2 years back. He was given a 2 yr gc because we were married less than 2 yrs. We reapplied to remove the conditions from his gc. Everything went good and received his 10yr card. However, his last name on the card was spelled wrong. We were told to submit an I90 with supporting documents to show that the error was NOT our fault. So we did. He received an appointment letter to redo his biometric. His appointment was on 09/18/14. We have not heard anything since. Does anyone know how long it is taking to hear back from them? How long are they taking to resend a card?

Timeline
Hello,

Not sure if anyone has any info. or can help me out. I petitioned for my husband 2 years back. He was given a 2 yr gc because we were married less than 2 yrs. We reapplied to remove the conditions from his gc. Everything went good and received his 10yr card. However, his last name on the card was spelled wrong. We were told to submit an I90 with supporting documents to show that the error was NOT our fault. So we did. He received an appointment letter to redo his biometric. His appointment was on 09/18/14. We have not heard anything since. Does anyone know how long it is taking to hear back from them? How long are they taking to resend a card?

Takes about 5-6 months for them re-send the correct card.

Timeline

On my biometrics processing stamp I have:

1st bio: Biometrics only (Code 2)

2nd bio: Biometrics & TenPrints (Code 3)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.