munchkins

So sad

20 posts in this topic

Some of you may remember that a few weeks ago I thought that our female rotty was going have to have an operation and that it may be cancer, well whatever it was, it just dropped of and she has been fine, however, the other week we found a lump on our eldest rotty, he is only 7 and he also had a wound on his leg that was not healing depite anti-biotics so we took him to the vet and he had the operation on Monday.

The biopsy came back today and it is cancer, to say that Alan and I are devastated is putting it mildly, at the moment he has the big collar on to stop him licking his wounds and he has had a drainage tube but that was taken out today. In himself he is subdued but seems to be coping well our worry now is -- has the cancer gone to other parts of his body, the vet cannot tell us and all we can do is wait.

We are hoping that our waiver will be done and dusted in February and we are now just praying that he can stay as fit as possible and will be able to come with us when we move over. At the end of the day he could live for quite a good while longer or it could come quickly but we will not have him put to sleep just because we are moving over to the states, he deserves better than that. If he lives for a few months after we get to the states I will have been privaleged to have had such a wonderful character as a pet, he has taught us so much in the short 7 years he has been with us and I am selfish enough to want to have him for many more years but I do not think that we will. Don't care about the cost as long as we can give him the best we possibly can in the time he has left.

At the moment the tears are flowing and I think will be for quite a while

Val

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Timeline

Val I'm so sorry :cry: But at least the younger one is fine, and the older one has a good chance of recovery? It's so hard to see your babies in pain...I really do pray that the older one recovers quickly.

Keep me in the loop! And you know where I am if ya need me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i remember this about your dogs from an earlier thread. i'm sorry to hear that there is still issues with them (F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Oh no... :( I am really sorry to hear about this. It seems like so long ago but it has really only been 3 weeks since we first learned that Willie had cancer, and of course the next week he was gone. The shock of that was so hard to deal with, so I can definitely empathize with what you're feeling. Just keep hoping that his health will keep up long enough to come with you. Unfortunately, it's so hard to tell with dogs and these things come on so fast. (F)

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm so sorry. I hope he lives longer than expected. (F)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hopeing he surprises everyone and has a good long happy life (F) dont know what i would do without mine. Few years back one of my past dogs developed a growth, i couldnt really afford to go into much expense at the time, she lived a couple more years and had a good life.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Val....I know how much you love your rotties.....hope things are ok (F)

Im so so sorry, I feel your pain I really do. May he have many many more days to come.

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

Unfortunately is really is bad news for our Morgan, we had to take him back to the vets today to check on his stitches etc and the main report was back from the lab about his results and it is a aggressive type of cancer and apparently one of the worst types and the vet has told us to prepare. We asked if he meant months, weeks or what and he told us weeks so it looks like by big, wonderful rottweiller will not make it to the states with us after all

My heart is breaking for him

Val

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Timeline
Unfortunately is really is bad news for our Morgan, we had to take him back to the vets today to check on his stitches etc and the main report was back from the lab about his results and it is a aggressive type of cancer and apparently one of the worst types and the vet has told us to prepare. We asked if he meant months, weeks or what and he told us weeks so it looks like by big, wonderful rottweiller will not make it to the states with us after all

Val

Oh Val, I'm so sorry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Val

i'm sorry to hear that diagnosis (F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline

Val - I had a kitty once that developed skin cancer. We had a similar diagnosis. Little tumors would appear under her fur and would grow VERY rapidly. I'm talking like from the size of a pimple to the size of a quarter in a matter of weeks - they were a very bright pink color. Our vet described them as 'angry looking' tumors.

After having two or three of them removed, we made the decision to put her down. It was hard - I had her for twelve years and she was around long before my son was born.

She's buried on the hill behind my house. So is her housemate, Sammy, who ended up having a form of lupus. I had to make the same decision with him.

I think one of the reasons a pet's love is so unconditional is that we will remember that 'big love' - because we don't really have our four-legged friends all that long. But the memory of the 'big love' stays with us forever, and that is their gift to us.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear this terrible news. I wish I could say something of comfort to you, but I do have a suggestion. We had our Willie cremated and his ashes now rest in a lovely wooden box with an engraved plaque. At least he could come with you that way. I don't know how you feel about that, but it's an idea.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch