Joseph V

Last Steps to Apply

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello.

First of all, sorry for my bad grammar.

So i'm almost done with my package to send yet i have a couple of questions.

so far i have done

• Payment $340 Money order
  • Cover letter
  • I-129F
  • Beneficiary and Petitioner Letter of Intent
  • Proof of met in person in the past two years (Pictures together)
  • G-325A filled out by the US Citizen and by the foreign fiance
  • One passport-type photo for petitioner and beneficiary
  • Copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back).

So my questions are.

1. Should i include copy of my passport stamps, if so, does it has to be the whole passport pages ( because on BEK the Immigration agent stamped my passport on page 24 but the agent on Philippines stamped on page 9) or just the stamped pages?
  2. The boarding passes, I had 4, JFK-BEK, BEK-MNL, MNL-BEK, BEK-JFK, do they go on separate pages each or i can put all 4 on one single page?
  3. My fiance and I made a trip to her province, we flew, but unfortunately we lost the boarding passes and no passport stamps where issued, Should I send a copy of the itinerary which show both of us as passengers and seats numbers?
  4. Statement of how we met in person. I really don't know what to write, i mean we met online back on December 2013 and chatted using an app called skout but we didn't keep record of it, and it was on January when we become friends on Facebook, so should i state this or just tell we met on January on facebook, and chatted for 3 months, then i took the trip to manila where we spent 3 weeks together?

Thank You for all your help and once again sorry for my bad Grammar.

Edited by Joseph V

Hello.

First of all, sorry for my bad grammar.

So i'm almost done with my package to send yet i have a couple of questions.

so far i have done

• Payment $340 Money order
  • Cover letter
  • I-129F
  • Beneficiary and Petitioner Letter of Intent
  • Proof of met in person in the past two years (Pictures together)
  • G-325A filled out by the US Citizen and by the foreign fiance
  • One passport-type photo for petitioner and beneficiary
  • Copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back).

So my questions are.

1. Should i include copy of my passport stamps, if so, does it has to be the whole passport pages ( because on BEK the Immigration agent stamped my passport on page 24 but the agent on Philippines stamped on page 9) or just the stamped pages?

2. The boarding passes, I had 4, JFK-BEK, BEK-MNL, MNL-BEK, BEK-JFK, do they go on separate pages each or i can put all 4 on one single page?

3. My fiance and I made a trip to her province, we flew, but unfortunately we lost the boarding passes and no passport stamps where issued, Should I send a copy of the itinerary which show both of us as passengers and seats numbers?

4. Statement of how we met in person. I really don't know what to write, i mean we met online back on December 2013 and chatted using an app called skout but we didn't keep record of it, and it was on January when we become friends on Facebook, so should i state this or just tell we met on January on facebook, and chatted for 3 months, then i took the trip to manila where we spent 3 weeks together?

Thank You for all your help and once again sorry for my bad Grammar.

1. Just stamped pages.
  2. My husband copied each boarding passes that we had. Those were only small size and fit in when ensemble to our I-129F package.
  3. Itinerary would be fine. But, in many cases, itinerary does not prove that you met her in person. People can buy tickets without use it.
  4. My husband only wrote " met through internet". But, we sent copies of our first messages on YouTube and showing how he contacted me first and that was described how we met in 2008. We did not get any RFE and got approved in 38 days.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline
  1. Just stamped pages.
  2. My husband copied each boarding passes that we had. Those were only small size and fit in when ensemble to our I-129F package.
  3. Itinerary would be fine. But, in many cases, itinerary does not prove that you met her in person. People can buy tickets without use it.
  4. My husband only wrote " met through internet". But, we sent copies of our first messages on YouTube and showing how he contacted me first and that was described how we met in 2008. We did not get any RFE and got approved in 38 days.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you for the response.

When you said he copied each, means 1 page 1 boarding pass? they only like 2 by 2.5 inches.

also i guess in addition to the itinerary the pictures together can work as proof.

and last so im thinking on writing something like this " met through internet, then I visited her on April 1st through April 21. ( then add couple of facebook logs and skype call logs.

should this be fine?

Thank You again.

Thank you for the response.

When you said he copied each, means 1 page 1 boarding pass? they only like 2 by 2.5 inches.

also i guess in addition to the itinerary the pictures together can work as proof.

and last so im thinking on writing something like this " met through internet, then I visited her on April 1st through April 21. ( then add couple of facebook logs and skype call logs.

should this be fine?

Thank You again.

Yes, I remember sent him scanned boarding passes and he just printed each one from our passport. I had long thick boarding passes. If it is too small then better to pull out together and put on one page. Make it simple. And yes, he put each copy of boarding passes on one page.

Speaking about pictures, I only sent him 10 pictures together - I was the one who decided which papers needed to include and he only put those together in our I-129F-. Again, description how you met just make as simple as you can. Yes, you can write " met through internet" and you can also put noted on the pages related to your prior statement.

If you still have your first conversation together that it would be nice. You don't need to write down a long explanation just noted the pages of your first conversation online ( which social networking did you use when you were first met her) and they would understand.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, I remember sent him scanned boarding passes and he just printed each one from our passport. I had long thick boarding passes. If it is too small then better to pull out together and put on one page. Make it simple. And yes, he put each copy of boarding passes on one page.

Speaking about pictures, I only sent him 10 pictures together - I was the one who decided which papers needed to include and he only put those together in our I-129F-. Again, description how you met just make as simple as you can. Yes, you can write " met through internet" and you can also put noted on the pages related to your prior statement.

If you still have your first conversation together that it would be nice. You don't need to write down a long explanation just noted the pages of your first conversation online ( which social networking did you use when you were first met her) and they would understand.

I just want to add to this. My fiance didn't send in any of our online conversations. And I wrote the "timeline" of how we met and it was two short paragraphs. We added 6 pictures and bus tickets and hotel stays.

They just want hard copy proof of you physically being together and more then once, thats all.

I just want to add to this. My fiance didn't send in any of our online conversations. And I wrote the "timeline" of how we met and it was two short paragraphs. We added 6 pictures and bus tickets and hotel stays.

They just want hard copy proof of you physically being together and more then once, thats all.

:thumbs:

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

Hello and Thanks, So im working my brains out trying to make it as simple as possible and this is what i came up with.

Please tell me if this is a right way to do it and is the sentence structures are correct.

Question 34a

We met on online, later we met in person in Manila Philippines 2014 See: Attachment to question 34 a. of I-129
Attachment Page

Met online on December 2013, then became regular friends, after a couple of weeks we decided to start a relationship and as the relationship developed, I decided to visit her in Manila.

I arrived at Manila airport on April 1st and (her name) was waiting for me there, on April 8 i asked her to marry me and she accepted, we spent my 21 days of vacation together, staying at the same condominium.

Thank you again for your help.

Edited by Joseph V

Timeline

Do not forget the letters of intent from each of you as well.

Thank you, yes i have them, but my question is if that statement should work as attachment to question 34a, and if so, is it is right spelled.

Thank you.

Thank you, yes i have them, but my question is if that statement should work as attachment to question 34a, and if so, is it is right spelled.

Thank you.

The "letter of intent to marry" is different from the statement of meeting. You can check out a VJ example form for the letter of intent here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

For the statement of meeting, 34.a, most people add a supplement page to basically tell how their love story evolved, and the circumstances of the meetings. :)

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Timeline

Once again thank you.

I have both letters of intent of marry one from her and one from me.

My only issue is with the attachment for question 34a which is what I posted above. Im wonder is thats a good way to fill it or not.

Sorry but im limited on the language.

Our relationship was very simple. Met online on dec 2013 the after a month added eachother to facebook and start a relationship then on april I visit her and asked her to marry me and she said yes.

So I dont know if this should be enough I formation on how we met in person or if I should be more specific, like saying that we chat everyday for about 6 hours and stuff like that.

Any tips will help

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Once again thank you.

My only issue is with the attachment for question 34a which is what I posted above. Im wonder is thats a good way to fill it or not.

Our relationship was very simple. Met online on dec 2013 the after a month added eachother to facebook and start a relationship then on april I visit her and asked her to marry me and she said yes.

So I dont know if this should be enough I formation on how we met in person or if I should be more specific, like saying that we chat everyday for about 6 hours and stuff like that.

Any tips will help

Thanks.

It does not need to be a long explanation or your love story. If it fits in the space on the I-129F form itself, then no need to even add a supplement page about it. That is not a requirement. You can simply say how you first met online and state how, when and where you met face-to-face within the last 2 years.

This works, fits on the form and no added supplement sheet needed:

'We met online in December 2013 and developed a relationship. I flew to Manila on April 1, 2014 and spent 21 days with [fiancee's name], during which time I asked her to marry me."

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Once again thank you.

Any tips will help

Thanks.

Ahhh, I see now .. You can summarize and fit your answer there. You can also add a supplement page. Either way will work. The more important thing is you lay out clearly the timeline and circumstance of your meeting in the past 2 years:

I met my fiance, her name, online via a website, website name, on December 2013 and from then on, I wanted to meet her personally in ...... We personally met on , date ...

Just stick to the facts of your meeting, and everything will be fine. All the best! :thumbs:

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Timeline

Ok is crystal clear now. Hehehe thank you. Lol this process seems complicate but thanks to you guys I get it now

Once again thank you.

Ps im sending between 5 to 10 pictuers. Should the be us alone or is ok to send one where we are with her friends too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.