Dida04

DS-260 form

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello,

Concerning the DS-260 form, is that where we include the adresse of someone living in the US to be able to receive the green card there ?

Yes ! You can as well dowload the ds230 form its probably a replica of the ds260 i belive they changed the name because its now an online application...

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

http://shusterman.com/pdf/DS-260.pdf

Hello,

Concerning the DS-260 form, is that where we include the adresse of someone living in the US to be able to receive the green card there ?

selected 1st May 2013/ CN= 2014AF00070xxx, forms sent, waiting for the second letter.

selected 1st May 2014/ CN= 2015AF00009xxx :dancing: , forms not sent yet ....

Filed: IR-2 Country: Algeria
Timeline

I just found out that we need to give passport details, actually my current passport will expire in slightly over one year, would it be a problem if I present another passport on the interview day?

it is much better to get a new passport and continue your process to avoid any delayed our application filings because u dont know how much the processing time is some times you wait so long and sometimes you dont

good luck

Filed: Timeline

i've just read in 260 form that after submitting the form, have to send civil docs to NVC!

or should send 15 days before your interview to the embassy?

or even i should take my docs to the interview?!

which one is correct? this made me confused! :)

The instruction says DV selectees should wait until May 19th for the DS-260 form to become available - which means the applicable DS-260 is not yet available. Why are you guys all jumping ahead of yourselves? The current DS-260 form has sections/instructions that are not applicable to DV winners hence the instruction to wait until the 19th for goodness sake!!!

Failure to read and follow given instructions is the reason you're all getting yourself unnecessarily confused. This process you guys are about to embark upon is a long, stressful one on its own, so you all need to take a step back and chill.

i've just read in 260 form that after submitting the form, have to send civil docs to NVC!

or should send 15 days before your interview to the embassy?

or even i should take my docs to the interview?!

which one is correct? this made me confused! :)

NVC is not for DV cases. You really need to read the instructions on the DV selectee website... If you are doing consular processing you take your docs to the interview. There are one or two countries that do require the docs to be sent to them first. How do you know if yours is one of them? Again, if you read the website and make sure to read the country specific details you will know.

Failure to read and follow given instructions is the reason you're all getting yourself unnecessarily confused. This process you guys are about to embark upon is a long, stressful one on its own, so you all need to take a step back and chill.

Not just the stress.... Every year we see people unnecessarily disqualified because they didn't read the instructions properly.

Filed: Timeline

hi folks :)

hope you r enjoying your winning :D

regarding "where to intend to stay in u.s.?" and "this is where you want to mail your green card?" question(s), I don't have anyone (friends or family) living in US and I don't have any place either! how can I manage this issue and where can I get my green card when I arrive in US for the first time?

cheers,

hi folks :)

hope you r enjoying your winning :D

regarding "where to intend to stay in u.s.?" and "this is where you want to mail your green card?" question(s), I don't have anyone (friends or family) living in US and I don't have any place either! how can I manage this issue and where can I get my green card when I arrive in US for the first time?

cheers,

You don't need to answer where you intend to stay yet - just say not known

Not sure if there will be an issue re the electronic submission but in past years one could leave the mailing GC address blank BUT you will have to have something to put down there by your interview. You can always change the address at port of entry, or even afterwards, so it doesn't have to be firm. But they will insist on something there before your visa can be issued. Your green card will be mailed to the address they have on record for you - there is no other option.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.