adinutzyc21

Case numbers (DV2015)

230 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all!

Just found that I have been selected for the next stage of the DV2015 lottery with a case number of OC9xx.

I'd appreciate any advice from any Aussies as to when they think the interview is likely, or even if we'll get to interview? I'm trying to get the family organised.

Edited by EmilyW

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I don't think it's that different from last year. I've seen quite few posts on different forums (last May) stating that people have seen other names instead of their own but next day it all went back to normal.

And here we are anxiously awaiting next bulletin :)

Slonerman said they used the same software !

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all!

Just found that I have been selected for the next stage of the DV2015 lottery with a case number of OC9xx.

I'd appreciate any advice from any Aussies as to when they think the interview is likely, or even if we'll get to interview? I'm trying to get the family organised.

Not a bad number. I would guess you'll have your interview March-April next year. Edited by franko

The world is governed by chance. Randomness stalks us every day of our lives.

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE ! :content:

Timeline

Slonerman said they used the same software !

You should've said that Slon'man says the usual stuff :) I hope that broken record is right and everyone will be current ;)

Timeline

Thanks Franko, appreciate the swift response. So, in your opinion, we'll get an interview? Sorry if that's a dense question!

Most definitely! You're less than half way through Oceania CN numbers. If you meet the minimum requirements then the good ol' US of A is waiting for ya :)

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys... just wondering if how quickly we submit the DS260 form has anything to do with when we get an interview/likelihood of getting the visa approved (if we meet requirements etc) ? We have a number just under 500.

The reason I ask is that the DS260 can be submitted from May 19 but we are wanting to wait till around mid to end of June to submit it due to getting our marriage documents etc in order. Do you think this disadvantages us?

CN: DV2014OC000004XX (husband was selected)
Entry checked: 02/05/2014

MARRIED! 14/06/2014
Forms sent to KCC: 16/07/2014
Confirmed by KCC: Yes
2nd NL: Not yet
Documents: Not yet
Police report: Not yet
Medicals: Not yet
Interview: Not yet
POE: LAX

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hey guys... just wondering if how quickly we submit the DS260 form has anything to do with when we get an interview/likelihood of getting the visa approved (if we meet requirements etc) ? We have a number just under 500.

The reason I ask is that the DS260 can be submitted from May 19 but we are wanting to wait till around mid to end of June to submit it due to getting our marriage documents etc in order. Do you think this disadvantages us?

A month or two won't get you any harm about your interview scheduling! Remember interviews are conducted according to case numbers, if you have a low CN and you submit your application late in this year obviously you be scheduled a bit late ! But in your case you will be 100% fine ...

Congrats for your mariage btw

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

No, it would only delay it if you submitted it so late that it overlapped with when your number gets current. Interview order is based on case number, not when you returned the documents, with the proviso that KCC generally needs a month or two (depending how busy they are at the time) to process the forms - they will only schedule interviews for those they have received and processed forms for.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.