adinutzyc21

Case numbers (DV2015)

230 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Vladek has posted a link that has a spreadsheet with the history that is easier (can't find it now but I am sure he will repost it) BUT not all numbers on that spreadsheet are accurate, generally should be ok though

http://www.dv-info.site40.net/

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Thanks for your response.

I actually like that time frame

Yeah just...be careful. In DV2013 we looked like we were headed for a later appointment which suited us too. Then... After everything looking fairly similar to previous years... We ended up being the first year ever that my CN was current so soon... Which messed up our plans. Though, we delayed our visa by taking our time to submit a missing document, so it worked out in the end. All I'm saying is, this process throws up curve balls all the time, be prepared for one or two to come your way :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Great!

I have been selected in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2015. Case number: 2015EU00007XXX. What do you think about my chances?

Congratulations on the amazing number! Your chances are 100%!

This is great! Does anyone know whether there was any difference in the way the lottery worked before 2010, or was it just luck (as in, my number wouldn't have gotten called then)?

Born in Romania, been living in the US since 2007 (F1 visa)

F1 visa 2007-2011, 2011-2016 - OPT received August 25, 2014

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number EU30,7xx - Interview estimate: May/June 2015 (?) - Might try to do AOS though it looks like it might be worse this year

Yeah just...be careful. In DV2013 we looked like we were headed for a later appointment which suited us too. Then... After everything looking fairly similar to previous years... We ended up being the first year ever that my CN was current so soon... Which messed up our plans. Though, we delayed our visa by taking our time to submit a missing document, so it worked out in the end. All I'm saying is, this process throws up curve balls all the time, be prepared for one or two to come your way :)

Oh I guess if it does come earlier we will be grateful either way as we didn't expect to be selected Trinidad usually has a very very small number of winners as compared to our south american neighbors....

This is great! Does anyone know whether there was any difference in the way the lottery worked before 2010, or was it just luck (as in, my number wouldn't have gotten called then)?

First, any indication of "current" means all numbers get interviews, so you are incorrect saying your number wouldn't have been called before then as it went current in many of the years.

As for the changes... Yes but to be honest not so they would really affect an EU number I think. The biggest issues were 2012 which was a mess-up and they issued far less visas than they wanted, and 2014 which has a massive increase in selectees and we are all waiting eagerly for the next few VBs to see if we go all current again this year or if this will be the first year in a good while that some regions get cut off by fiscal year end.

Oh I guess if it does come earlier we will be grateful either way as we didn't expect to be selected Trinidad usually has a very very small number of winners as compared to our south american neighbors....

But your chances of winning are often higher for these countries with small absolute numbers - if you take number of selectees as % of number of entrants.

But your chances of winning are often higher for these countries with small absolute numbers - if you take number of selectees as % of number of entrants.

Yeap you definitely have a point there. I didn't see it like that

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

my CN is : 2015AS00013xxx, do i stand a chance ?

judging from 2012,2011,2010,and 2009 my chance is quite high but in recent years (2013 & 2014) my chance is quite low

also, when will they start counting for the dv 2015 ? june ? october ?

can someone shed some light on this ?

thanks...

judging from 2012,2011,2010,and 2009 my chance is quite high but in recent years (2013 & 2014) my chance is quite low

thanks...

Timeline

thanks...

thanks...

If you are not from nepal or iran you will definitly have a chance imo

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

The selection document says "You have been randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2015 (October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015)"

So they start in October.

Born in Romania, been living in the US since 2007 (F1 visa)

F1 visa 2007-2011, 2011-2016 - OPT received August 25, 2014

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number EU30,7xx - Interview estimate: May/June 2015 (?) - Might try to do AOS though it looks like it might be worse this year

Timeline

The selection document says "You have been randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2015 (October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015)"

So they start in October.

In august they will publish the cutoff of october !

Timeline

how will that make a difference ?

According to the ceac dat the the succes rate of iran and nepal is very high so they might hit the 7% country limit before reaching 12k cn or 13k cn....

how will that make a difference ?

According to the ceac dat the the succes rate of iran and nepal is very high so they might hit the 7% country limit before reaching 12k cn or 13k cn....

Not just the success rate but also a very large number of entries to start with. Indeed, Iran reached the country limit before the end of DV2013.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.