adinutzyc21

Case numbers (DV2015)

230 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Do you know if there is anywhere can see previous years Oceania numbers by the month? Does Current mean that it is basically open for all who received a letter will get a interview if apply? My girlfriend also got selected and she is 23XX so we might be towards the back. I don't mind waiting (and saving) as long as confident will actually get the interview

All previous cut-offs are in the visa bulletins at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html . People have collated them into spreadsheets. I have attached a screenshot of Oceania cut-offs. If you mean visas issued per month, that's published through CEAC so you should be able to find that at this or the other forum, I've seen visas issued per month somewhere...

If a region goes CURRENT in the visa bulletin, KCC thinks that there are enough visas for everyone else who wants one, no matter what their case number, and will organise interviews for those who have handed in their DS-260. While all previous years in the attachment have gone current in Oceania, this year, DV-2014, it seems they have oversubscribed and there will be a cut-off in September. This means some people will miss out. However, they have reduced the numbers selected in DV-2015 presumably to avoid over-subscribing but we can't be sure (Oceania decreased 17% from ~4200 to ~3500) in terms of people selected). The next few visa bulletins will shed light on this situation.

That's pretty much the situation for us at this point. I would characterise it as an 80% chance of getting the visa for us at 21xx , but that's just a personal view. It's very hard to know for sure and I would recommend being patient, relaxing and trying not to get caught up too much in the what-if (easier said than done).

post-184746-0-77540600-1399611442_thumb.jpg

Case No - DV2015OC000021XX
Entry Checked - 1st May 2014
DC-260 Filed -
2nd NL -
Police Clearance -
Medicals -
Interviews -
Visa Pick up -
Port of Entry -

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

80% is better than what I have had in 10 years of trying so I will take that. Awesome reply mate that helped heaps, I'll buy you a beer in the US after we get there representing the 21XX from dv2015 lol

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have read thru this particular forum but could see anyone who were from the South America/Caribbean that actually won. From the current Visa bulletin for May 2014 if we can compare it to that my CN 2015SA000015XX will be called for earliest June or July and for the latest august 2015.. Have i estimated it correct?

Hi fellow Trini! I was born in Trinidad and live in Canada now and I was selected for further processing with a case number 03xx so I'm hoping my interview will be this fall or winter. Good luck with the process and I hope it all works out for you.

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number SA03xx - Born in Trinidad, WI / Grew up in Canada - Successful interview: Oct 2nd, 2014 @ Montreal

Hi fellow Trini! I was born in Trinidad and live in Canada now and I was selected for further processing with a case number 03xx so I'm hoping my interview will be this fall or winter. Good luck with the process and I hope it all works out for you.

Hi and Wow, you will definitely get called this year and good luck to you too. If you can please let me know how it goes.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi and Wow, you will definitely get called this year and good luck to you too. If you can please let me know how it goes.

Sure. I'll post a new thread to describe my interview experience in Oct/Nov.

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number SA03xx - Born in Trinidad, WI / Grew up in Canada - Successful interview: Oct 2nd, 2014 @ Montreal

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

please find an interesting PDF about the DS-260 form ..... www.reginfo.gov/public/do/DownloadDocument?documentID=462474&version=1

selected 1st May 2013/ CN= 2014AF00070xxx, forms sent, waiting for the second letter.

selected 1st May 2014/ CN= 2015AF00009xxx :dancing: , forms not sent yet ....

Filed: V-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello there,

i receieved a wrong CN when i checked my entry status

im ethiopian born in Ethiopia ( Africa ) living in UAE ( ASIA ), a DV 2015 Winner

i applied back in OCT 2013 as below :

Birth Place : Ethiopia

Nationality : Ethiopia

Living place : UAE

when i checked the selection page i found the countrey of chargability is UAE, and im sure i didnt selected UAE, because it was clearly mentioned that this is not where you live, so im not so stupid to select that i born/citizen of UAE ....

but i recieved ASIA case number which is : 2015AS000078**

similar cases of Africans living in UAE got case numbers from africa, even though i found a guy from egypt who had similar issue, african with asian case number, and he went to the embassy in Abudhabi, and didnt have any problem, they interviewed him, granted the VISA too

Can someone explain please ...

Hi,

my number is 2015AS000029XX, do you guys know if I have a chance to get an interview and when would that be?

Also I was checking the site that has DS260 and I don't see any NVC invoice number anywhere in the form I got.. do you know where we can get that?

NVC does not handle diversity visas. If you wait till the 19th to access the form as per instructions I'm sure you'll find you don't need to submit an invoice number.

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

I have a complicated case here, which makes me hesitate to move on.

So this was me and my sister's first entering the lottery and she was lucky enough to be selected, she has a CN of AS000028xx which I think is pretty low from reading the previous posts. I am guessing she would have an interview by the end of the year or maybe early next year?

So here is her case, she is a F-1 college student and is going back to our home country this coming August for a month. I know that the DS-260 will be available on May 19th and if she files the DS-260 before she leaves the U.S., will there be any issues when she comes back (since filing the DS-260 shows her intention to stay in the States)? If so, is it possible to submit the DS-260 or even start the entire process when she comes back in late September, would it be too late and delay her interview?

Also, may I ask if it is almost always that you would get the visa issued when you get through the interview, assuming the visas are not used up. I am worried that if the application get denied, her F-1 status would be affected. I would like to know all the risks before we proceed....

Would somebody please help with my sister's case? Any help is much appreciated,

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Would somebody please help with my sister's case? Any help is much appreciated,[/background][/font][/color]

Hey, I'm in the exact same situation. I don't think there's a problem. I've read a lot on the topic and it seems there even are provisions on the topic, and she could even reasonably do adjustment status though they don't really recommend it. I'm not sure how high her number is, but if it's reasonable she can definitely submit the form later, as long that didn't preclude her getting the interview on time. Also, technically they only check her i20 upon entering the us, and off the visa the passport is valid I don't think they ever deny someone's entrance in the country. But again, you can file later to be on the safe side.

Now, I'm not exactly sure how the interview works, but my assumption is that they won't let you interview unless they have enough visas to give you if you pass. That's why they have limits and stuff. Since she already has the visa, I doubt they'll take it back. It just might make it difficult for her to get another one for grad school or something. Good luck 1

Born in Romania, been living in the US since 2007 (F1 visa)

F1 visa 2007-2011, 2011-2016 - OPT received August 25, 2014

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number EU30,7xx - Interview estimate: May/June 2015 (?) - Might try to do AOS though it looks like it might be worse this year

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.