adinutzyc21

Case numbers (DV2015)

230 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi Guys

I'm a 25yr old kiwi (New Zealander) currently living in Sydney, AUS. This was my second year entering the DV Lottery & I was lucky enough to be selected (last year I was unsuccessful).

I have a case number of OC000016xx which I think is quite high. Does anybody know how many Visa's they generally issue in Oceania? Looking at previous years I don't think I'd have an interview until August or so next year.

Luckily my case is straightforward (not married, no kids, meet education requirements etc.) so finger's crossed with a bit less AP needed I'll get there before the Visa's expire!

Is there anybody that knows of those with similar case numbers in OC that made it through on time?

Any help is much appreciated,

Cheers

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

@MalcomX, you got selected twice, lucky!

Question: you said " if you have BAC/or Experience + good police record + health + sponsor"

Sponsor? Sponsor for what?

Born in Romania, been living in the US since 2007 (F1 visa)

F1 visa 2007-2011, 2011-2016 - OPT received August 25, 2014

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number EU30,7xx - Interview estimate: May/June 2015 (?) - Might try to do AOS though it looks like it might be worse this year

Hi Guys

I'm a 25yr old kiwi (New Zealander) currently living in Sydney, AUS. This was my second year entering the DV Lottery & I was lucky enough to be selected (last year I was unsuccessful).

I have a case number of OC000016xx which I think is quite high. Does anybody know how many Visa's they generally issue in Oceania? Looking at previous years I don't think I'd have an interview until August or so next year.

Luckily my case is straightforward (not married, no kids, meet education requirements etc.) so finger's crossed with a bit less AP needed I'll get there before the Visa's expire!

Is there anybody that knows of those with similar case numbers in OC that made it through on time?

Any help is much appreciated,

Cheers

In DV2013 the highest number interviewed was around yours - so you should be fine. Just watch the next few VBs to see what happens to the OC numbers. Congrats!

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

@MalcomX, you got selected twice, lucky!

Question: you said " if you have BAC/or Experience + good police record + health + sponsor"

Sponsor? Sponsor for what?

You need to demonstrate that you can afford to support yourself in the US. If you do not have a lot of money it is possible to have someone fill out an affidavit of support (I-134) - the person who does that is sometimes called a sponsor (though that is not strictly speaking the right term)

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

In DV2013 the highest number interviewed was around yours - so you should be fine. Just watch the next few VBs to see what happens to the OC numbers. Congrats!

Thanks for that, I consider myself lucky to even get picked as I know of those that go many years without getting through.

Now I'm just hoping I actually get to the interview next year!

Cheers

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

You need to demonstrate that you can afford to support yourself in the US. If you do not have a lot of money it is possible to have someone fill out an affidavit of support (I-134) - the person who does that is sometimes called a sponsor (though that is not strictly speaking the right term)

Ah, Ok, was worried that I needed a US-Citizen to do something for me. I will hopefully have a well-paid job here in the US by that time (at least that's my plan)

Born in Romania, been living in the US since 2007 (F1 visa)

F1 visa 2007-2011, 2011-2016 - OPT received August 25, 2014

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number EU30,7xx - Interview estimate: May/June 2015 (?) - Might try to do AOS though it looks like it might be worse this year

Ah, Ok, was worried that I needed a US-Citizen to do something for me. I will hopefully have a well-paid job here in the US by that time (at least that's my plan)

A good job will cover it. If not, the person completing the I134 can be any legal resident... with enough money to cover themselves and you above the federal poverty level

Filed: Timeline

Hi all... new to here. I was lucky to be seleced for Oceania DV2015 and from what I can gather have a pretty high case number at OC 14XX . I have been trying to find out if this number would get an interview or not. If anyone can help, that would be much appreciated.

EDIT - Just saw the message above saying that 2013 cutoff was around 16XX of OC. Hope its the same this year.

Edited by lprtokyo

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Here's a spreadsheet for OC. This is how the last 10 years have played out.

There might be some skewed number from 2012 as there was a redraw that year.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa#2012_errors_and_lawsuit)

A lot of analyst have disregarded 2012 when comparing the data.

C means "Current". Current is when Consulate believes there are enough visa's for everyone who has sent in their 2nd forms. They will then seclude interviews for the remaining visa applications.

Spreadsheet to come original format was screwed up.

post-184780-0-27877600-1399273838_thumb.jpg

Edited by AU.Dan

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline

hello,

can you tell me where i can find information regarding this ? i have read everything i can't find anything about bank statement or anything i just want to make sure to prepare all the required papers at the time

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

OC Spreadsheet

2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

Oct 150 140 150 300 200 375 350 300 250 300

Nov 250 200 280 500 325 475 650 500 400 375

Dec 330 270 375 675 440 675 700 575 500 450

Jan 460 330 460 755 480 775 775 650 600 550

Feb 535 400 550 850 575 870 810 750 750 650

Mar 650 500 700 1025 675 880 900 925 850 800

April 750 610 825 1200 715 1000 1000 1000 1000 900

May 900 735 900 1400 825 1100 1175 1150 1115 1100

Jun 1000 930 1100 1500 930 1175 1300 C 1275 1185

Jul 1180 1115 1800 1650 C 1300 1460 1450

Aug 1275 C C C C C 1600

Sept C C

Total Issued 769 831 541 710 605 639 578 563 731

Edited by AU.Dan

hello,

can you tell me where i can find information regarding this ? i have read everything i can't find anything about bank statement or anything i just want to make sure to prepare all the required papers at the time

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

It's the one thing the instructions are silent on, and that is because there is generally no blanket requirement of proof here. It is very important for people to check their country pages on the selectee site though as there are certain embassies that do require particular financial forms. But in general the requirement is that you will not become a public charge. Some consulates will look at some people and be happy that age/qualifications/circumstances (eg no dependents, come from a country happy to do minimum wage work, young and able...) are all they need to know, others will want to know your financial situation, still others will want to see proof of that, and others will ask you for an affidavit of support from a US resident. It varies by applicant and consulate. Best is to be as prepared as you can be, you may not need to show them anything.

Bear in mind if they need proof and you do have such but not with you at the embassy you won't be refused the visa, but will be placed on administrative processing ( AP) until you can provide it. On the other hand if the consular official thinks you will be a public burden, for example you are 60 and frail with no savings or assets, they will refuse you.

Filed: Timeline

Here's a spreadsheet for OC. This is how the last 10 years have played out.

There might be some skewed number from 2012 as there was a redraw that year.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa#2012_errors_and_lawsuit)

A lot of analyst have disregarded 2012 when comparing the data.

C means "Current". Current is when Consulate believes there are enough visa's for everyone who has sent in their 2nd forms. They will then seclude interviews for the remaining visa applications.

Spreadsheet to come original format was screwed up.

Thanks for that AU.Dan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.